If we win...how do the non-tankers celebrate?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: If we win...how do the non-tankers celebrate?

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
mullet wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Maybe show a bit of respect to Phil Walsh and do what the AFL ask and not play or sing the theme song.

And BTW the theme song is not banned...it is out of respect
Ok you can do that but where does it start and end?

Surely supporters chearing after win means they can sing if they wish also? Same/same IMO
It started Friday night and will finish after our game this afternoon.

It is called respect.

See how you go singing the song, I'm sure people wouldn't appreciate it. Do you want to make us out to be the same sort of disrespectful supporters as
those rugby league fans. Perhaps listen to the announcements today to see what you are expected to do
Oh FFS supporters singing the song is totally different to morons at rugby making noise at a minutes silence. Clearly you don't get that. I'm all for the minutes silence. That's appropriate. If they think it's necessary to ban he club song being played then so be it. Not a huge issue. But to stop fans celebrating AFTER a win is plain stupid IMO.

Who said the fans cant celebrate? I don't think anyone has come out and said that except you just then.
mullet said it was disrespectful if we sang the song post match as supporters. To that I totally disagree.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I reckon there might need to be a minutes silence for Hird's coaching career if they lose quite honestly. He surely has to get sacked if they go down.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I reckon there might need to be a minutes silence for Hird's coaching career if they lose quite honestly. He surely has to get sacked if they go down.
^^^ subject to legal constraints.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Im drunk and playing ping pong.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Meant to mention this yesterday. I couldn't have thought of a better way to celebrate the win yesterday than have a moments silence which happened. Not one person had the thought to break into the club song and im glad for that.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Meant to mention this yesterday. I couldn't have thought of a better way to celebrate the win yesterday than have a moments silence which happened. Not one person had the thought to break into the club song and im glad for that.

I wasn't there (wont go to an injectors game until Hird is no longer coach) but was really impressed by the football supporters across all games on the weekend.

Not a peep from anyone in the minutes silence, not a peep during the teams and coaches linking in the centre square and then a most appropriate round of applause, for both the genuine mark of respect for Phil Walsh, and for Phil Walsh himself and his contribution to the game we all love so much.

Really, it is only a very small thing, but really well done by all involved.

You are garbage - Enough said
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Im drunk and playing ping pong.
Are you in Thailand?

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
bigred wrote:Im drunk and playing ping pong.
Are you in Thailand?
Was thinking the same thing :P

ping pong is not so bad it's the darts that scares me :D

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:was really impressed by the football supporters across all games on the weekend.

Not a peep from anyone in the minutes silence, not a peep during the teams and coaches linking in the centre square and then a most appropriate round of applause, for both the genuine mark of respect for Phil Walsh, and for Phil Walsh himself and his contribution to the game we all love so much.

To be honest I was surprised that it worked so well. Footy supporters aren't known for their respectful silence at any other time of the year - it never works well on Anzac Day. But this one was perfect silence, you could hear a pin drop. Really impressive.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:was really impressed by the football supporters across all games on the weekend.

To be honest I was surprised that it worked so well. Footy supporters aren't known for their respectful silence at any other time of the year - it never works well on Anzac Day. But this one was perfect silence, you could hear a pin drop. Really impressive.
But has there been a darker day in the history of the VFL/AFL?

I mean your own flesh n blood killing you. If that can't stop everyone to a shuddering holt nothing will