Is Roo fit to play?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Is Roo fit to play?

Sorry I've been a bit caught up trying to fly out of Bali (home last night), but is Roo likely to play or is he in genuine doubt?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is Roo fit to play?

He has a "slight strain" (torn calf) so there is no way he should play, but I'm guessing there is no chance of him missing the game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Doubt he will play. If he has any issue with the claf he cant possibly play.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Is Roo fit to play?

Won't play for a number of weeks IMO. Missed 2 earlier this year from the same injury, expecting him to miss another 2.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Won't play for a number of weeks IMO. Missed 2 earlier this year from the same injury, expecting him to miss another 2.
But this is extra special - it's his match. He and to lesser extent Jack own it. Surely if they can give him a few jabs he can camp up forward a fair bit and get subbed off at half time.

I know that doesn't sound right but it's a rare I assume one-off match - unless they plan on it being an annual event??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Won't play for a number of weeks IMO. Missed 2 earlier this year from the same injury, expecting him to miss another 2.
But this is extra special - it's his match. He and to lesser extent Jack own it. Surely if they can give him a few jabs he can camp up forward a fair bit and get subbed off at half time.

I know that doesn't sound right but it's a rare I assume one-off match - unless they plan on it being an annual event??

Jabs don't help soft tissue injuries and this isn't local footy. He cant play if he isn't fit no matter who the match is for.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Yeah can't see a jab helping a calf.

Will prob miss I reckon.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Roo can still be a big part of the event. whack him in the comm box, interview some players, give BOG award and promote the charity stuff.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I know it's not the done thing in this day and age but I reckon he will play. He'll probably stuff himself up for the remainder of the year though but that's a small sacrifice for him to make considering what it's all about.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

I'm guessing we wont know until right before the game. He will prob be named no matter what in my opinion. with mccartin in the reserves told do be ready.

I really do hope that he's fit to play, he's put his heart into this game and it would sad if he can't stand out there and look out to the crowd and see it all from that perspective.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:I know it's not the done thing in this day and age but I reckon he will play. He'll probably stuff himself up for the remainder of the year though but that's a small sacrifice for him to make considering what it's all about.

If that is true then he cant play. Its a team game and if this puts out for the rest of the year its no good for the club.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Roo can still be a big part of the event. whack him in the comm box, interview some players, give BOG award and promote the charity stuff.
Absolutely, he can probably do more for the night to help raise awareness for the cause if he doesn't play.

FQF
SS Life Member

So will Paddy be a straight swap or will they prefer to go with Hugh or Hickey who both seem closer to selection?