Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
I don't think for one second that the young girl was being racist, and either would any fair minded person.

judging by your earlier comments about white people in this country, it is obvious that you are the clueless person around here.

I didn't mention the young girl. I mentioned you and your lack of knowledge. And I know you choose to ignore it but I explained I left out comparing white people to animals in this country and how it cant be racist. I hope that if you have kids someone else is teaching them about racism.

I haven't seen the explanation you are talking aboutnor am i interested in reading it. Your original post shows how pig ignorant you are.

Your comment about children is offensive. You leave them out of any discussion and I won't bring yours into those discussions either.

I didn't have a go at your kids. I had a go at your lack of knowledge of what is considered racism. Its quite sad that you don't understand it at all.

Anyway I hope you don't boo Goodes in round 22. I hope no one does but I know that wont happen unfortunately.

You really are thick aren't you. Kleenex is a fair fit as a nick ,where you are concerned.

if I said I felt sorry for your daughter, having you for a father, would you give a damn.

Now that is not having a go at your daughter, but would be along the childish type of comment that often appears in your posts.

As I said, leave the kids , and family for that matter, out of your posts.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Fantastic we have all these knowledgable scholars on the forum to teach us dumb people all about racism.

I for one am so grateful to have it laid out so simply for me by these luminaries.

Who knew complex issue of race could be refined into simplistic sloganism and tit for tat slanging matches.

Well done racism experts, we are all that much more enlightened.

You are garbage - Enough said
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Pluggsy called us mates Satchmo... I am offended..he seems to like offending people.
Go back to bed sweety, I'll fix us a nice mug of bonox.
Your on report for the racist Alpaca remark...I think he's giving us a ticket..I want you to have a talk to him.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

So round 22. My guess is that some people will boo. Whether it is racist or just shitstirring the media will be expecting it and will probably highlight it.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

You really are thick aren't you. Kleenex is a fair fit as a nick ,where you are concerned.

if I said I felt sorry for your daughter, having you for a father, would you give a damn.

Now that is not having a go at your daughter, but would be along the childish type of comment that often appears in your posts.

As I said, leave the kids , and family for that matter, out of your posts.

I feel sorry for her to. She might read your crap. Are you going to boo Goodes in round 22 Stinger?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Pluggsy called us mates Satchmo... I am offended..he seems to like offending people.
Go back to bed sweety, I'll fix us a nice mug of bonox.
Your on report for the racist Alpaca remark...I think he's giving us a ticket..I want you to have a talk to him.
Don't ruin a good day. Make a difference.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Fantastic we have all these knowledgable scholars on the forum to teach us dumb people all about racism.

I for one am so grateful to have it laid out so simply for me by these luminaries.

Who knew complex issue of race could be refined into simplistic sloganism and tit for tat slanging matches.

This place is a haven for the budding gurus of our time, just between you and me I think we may have unearthed our very own Oracle Not naming names. :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Fantastic we have all these knowledgable scholars on the forum to teach us dumb people all about racism.

This place is a haven for the budding gurus of our time, just between you and me I think we may have unearthed our very own Oracle Not naming names. :wink:
Why do always help with your opinions?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

What does that even mean? Must be on a higher plane to us dumb racists.

Oh well BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You are garbage - Enough said
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

If you boo Adam Goodes in round 22, you are racist. No ifs or buts and no exceptions - because that's where the discussion has evolved to.

Or at best, you're condoning the racist neanderthals who boo him.

Really, it's up to you and your morals. If you have them.

Remember, The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

So if you hear someone booing or shouting racist obsenities, tell them that's not on.

We don't want our football club associated with active or passive racism. Not now. Not ever.
Last edited by evertonfc on Tue 28 Jul 2015 7:43pm, edited 3 times in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

What does that even mean? Must be on a higher plane to us dumb racists.

Oh well BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
It means he always needs to quote others to vindicate his position. And I have just posted you aren't racist on the other thread. By the way is Roo being told he looks like an Alpaca relevant to the thread? And why would you say it unless you were trying to compare people saying Goodes looks like an ape? And I don't think Firey is racist either but I reckon comparing Roo and Goodes is completely silly.

Austinnn
Club Player

Dear me, never has there been a clearer case of people deliberately missing the point than some on here.

To even imagine that a white person being called an Alpaca in Australia is the same as a Black person being called an ape. That is pure ignorance of the issue. I'm not hysterical for pointing that out, am I? I can quite calmly explain the difference if you really need to be told. I'd rather not. How about just for starters, consider the years and years of downward dehumanising black people, is some cases using the exact same term. Compare that to the meagre history of dehumanising of white people.

To even bother getting worked up about the difference between ape and gorilla. Who let Karl Pilkington on here?

The rest, just mind blowing the lengths of denial people will go to to avoid confronting the truth.

No wonder Australia is in need of people like Adam Goodes today. I hope after he retires other black players are brave enough to risk the treatment he got to try and shine a light on the Shameful side of what many other countries consider a paradise.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
jamesmc
Club Player

I think it is hilarious.

And he does look like King Kong. So what, everyone looks like some one, he just happens to look like a gorilla.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Dear me, never has there been a clearer case of people deliberately missing the point than some on here.

To even imagine that a white person being called an Alpaca in Australia is the same as a Black person being called an ape. That is pure ignorance of the issue. I'm not hysterical for pointing that out, am I? I can quite calmly explain the difference if you really need to be told. I'd rather not. How about just for starters, consider the years and years of downward dehumanising black people, is some cases using the exact same term. Compare that to the meagre history of dehumanising of white people.

To even bother getting worked up about the difference between ape and gorilla. Who let Karl Pilkington on here?

The rest, just mind blowing the lengths of denial people will go to to avoid confronting the truth.

No wonder Australia is in need of people like Adam Goodes today. I hope after he retires other black players are brave enough to risk the treatment he got to try and shine a light on the Shameful side of what many other countries consider a paradise.
Here, here. Much better than I could have ever put it. Well done Austinnn.

Pluggs, you gained a lot of my respect in this thread.

Probably best just to close this thread now IMO.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Dear me, never has there been a clearer case of people deliberately missing the point than some on here.

I think the denial at both ends of the argument is stark.

I don't think being in denial or ignorant about racism makes someone a racist... and I dont think booing goodes because you think he's an idiot makes you a racist.

But as someone pointed out above if you boo him now you are to be condemned as one. Job done. No more bad look on the tv for the afl.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:I think it is hilarious.

And he does look like King Kong. So what, everyone looks like some one, he just happens to look like a gorilla.

Well there you go.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
A girl called him an ape. No one called him a gorilla. lets not get cute about that either.
Eddie inferred he was an ape/gorrila with the King Kong stuff (just after the girl incident). Lets not pretend otherwise and play species semantics of apes v gorrilas.
NO ONE CALLED HIM A GORILLA..
ape
eɪp/
noun
a large primate that lacks a tail, including the gorilla, chimpanzees, orang-utan, and gibbons.
synonyms: primate, simian; More
Highly relevant. Not.
Of course it's relevant. Calling someone an ape, might or might not be racists. Hell, I have called opposing ruckmen "ape". As in get off me you fat ape. and they were all white from memory.

Certainly calling someone of a darker complexion, a monkey or a gorilla has racist overtones, and that is what a couple of posters with dubious motives are trying to suggest that is what Eddie and the girl called goodes, which is just a plain lie, and they know it. Just doesn't fit their purpose.
The Girl called Goodes a black ape and Eddie followed it with a King Kong comment.
If you think that 'might or might not be' racist then really there isnt much point carrying on this conversation.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Austinnn wrote:How about just for starters, consider the years and years of downward dehumanising black people, is some cases using the exact same term. Compare that to the meagre history of dehumanising of white people.
Sorry, I didn't realise the whole issue was one of volume.
I thought it was about how we treat other human beings.
I didn't realise some people's victimhood was more worthy than others...

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

It does matter, because people, including you are prepared to, lie about what was actually said to make their point. She called goodes an ape, not a monkey or a gorilla.

I admire Goodes as a footballer and would never boo him. I don't know the man so I can't declare like bunk does, that as a bloke he is "ordinary".

I also believe that there are racist overtones to the booing because whitey thinks blackie should know his place and STFU.

Do I believe the 13 year old was racist. f***ed if I know, but I do know that Goodes thought she was and that the girl was humiliated.

I also believe that an Aussie cricketer was vilified and racially abused by a racist Indian who called him a monkey. So I understand what is racist and what is not.

I loved Nicky Winmar as a footballer and had tears in my eyes when he held up his jumper to the racist filth at Victoria Park that day.

Nicky years later signed a copy of the photo which hangs in my study in pride of place.

Early this morning I posted a suggestion, also posted by others that Sainters show the way when we next play the Swans and refrain from booing.

Whilst I am a realist and understand that telling someone no to do something only antagonizes some, but I can assure you that any one who boos Goodes around me will be told to desist.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
Austinnn wrote:How about just for starters, consider the years and years of downward dehumanising black people, is some cases using the exact same term. Compare that to the meagre history of dehumanising of white people.
Sorry, I didn't realise the whole issue was one of volume.
I thought it was about how we treat other human beings.
I didn't realise some people's victimhood was more worthy than others...

Black people were called apes because they were believed to be sub human. Primates. A White person might look like alpaca because they look like an alpaca. They aren't saying it because they are or were sub human.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Viking3 wrote:How about we bin this thread??
Pro Goodes : Automatically seen as kow-towing!
Anti Goodes: Automatically called a racist!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
This thread is really interesting to me.

I am interested in all opinions.

I am also interested in how quickly someone can be branded a racist.

Quickly? Goodes has been booed for 18 months. I think we have enough data to come to a conclusion.

Austinnn
Club Player

I actually don't think that if you boo Goodes you are automatically a racist, and I think it's unhelpful to bring absolutes like that into the argument.

Many of the people who hate Goodes do so because he is an outspoken black person, but that doesn't make them racist.

So agree with you on this point Markp.

On the other hand other posters sarcastically lampooning the Pro-Goodes sector here as some kind of arrogant teacher types trying to educate the ignorant is just them being defensive and insecure. Why? We're all right and wrong at different times, no one is better or worse.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Disch
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
jamesmc wrote:I think it is hilarious.

Well there you go.
Do you think he looks like a gorilla?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

why do you talk down to everyone?

I understand how being called an ape is upsetting to Adam. I understand how he regards it as a racist taunt.

Just because people don't agree with you does not mean that they are in denial.

You think that everyone who boos adam is racially motivated to do so. I don't believe that everyone who boos him is doing it to be racist.

I really take exception to people making out that every Australian is racist and that we are some how hiding a dirty secret.

I think its really sad that you are so ashamed of our country. Oh and I do consider our country a paradise.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
markp wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
A girl called him an ape. No one called him a gorilla. lets not get cute about that either.
Eddie inferred he was an ape/gorrila with the King Kong stuff (just after the girl incident). Lets not pretend otherwise and play species semantics of apes v gorrilas.
NO ONE CALLED HIM A GORILLA..
ape
eɪp/
noun
a large primate that lacks a tail, including the gorilla, chimpanzees, orang-utan, and gibbons.
synonyms: primate, simian; More
Highly relevant. Not.
Of course it's relevant. Calling someone an ape, might or might not be racists. Hell, I have called opposing ruckmen "ape". As in get off me you fat ape. and they were all white from memory.

Certainly calling someone of a darker complexion, a monkey or a gorilla has racist overtones, and that is what a couple of posters with dubious motives are trying to suggest that is what Eddie and the girl called goodes, which is just a plain lie, and they know it. Just doesn't fit their purpose.
The Girl called Goodes a black ape and Eddie followed it with a King Kong comment.
If you think that 'might or might not be' racist then really there isnt much point carrying on this conversation.
That's just a plain lie and an exaggeration of the lowest kind. Defamatory to boot.. I was aware that you were prone to flights of fantasy in relation to the umpires, but that is beyond the pale.

Show me an article, or anything that proves she used the word black in conjunction with ape.

I was a fan, but your credibility just hit zero with me.