MCG vs Etihad as a home base.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: MCG vs Etihad as a home base.

Locals322 wrote:Redevloped Punt Road or Junction oval with 25 jammed in FTW.

No room at either to redevelop.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm not so much into the idea of having the MCG as home ground, but more of the opinion that we should have more home and away matches there. Playing two matches there in one season is not enough. Four to five would be adequate.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:I'm not so much into the idea of having the MCG as home ground, but more of the opinion that we should have more home and away matches there. Playing two matches there in one season is not enough. Four to five would be adequate.

We really would have to improve the side and attendances for us to be a chance of getting any games let alone that many. Would love it though as I never really use my MCC membership except GF day.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The Players love the MCG, where all the big matches are played. On a sunny day, with a big crowd, I love it too. However, with our small crowds and in winter in particular, its Dockland/Etihad for me. The closeness to the action is also great. We also play much better at Docklands :lol:

the dome
Club Player

MCG vs The DOME

Looking fwd to the reemergence of fortress dome once again in the near future when all opposition clubs feel a bit edgy confronting the Saints @ their home ground. I think the players will warm to the home ground advantage once the wins become more regular and the crowds get closer to capacity on a regular basis. Reg: the 'G' I think it is very beneficial to experience good wins at the home of the grand final as well. It must be a great thrill for the young guys to play well there when they get a chance. On many fronts though it is important to attract big crowds to The Dome to at least make some profit as well as creating that fortress mentality.