Lachlan Henderson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Lachlan Henderson

Lachlan Henderson has apparently asked for a trade. He is 25 and impressed me as a backman. He was drafted number 8 back in 2007 to Brisbane who traded him for Brendon Fevola (didn't that work out well). He is currently unfit and disinterested, though who wouldn't be at Carlton. We should move to get him, assuming he hasn't already done a deal with some other club (e.g. Hawthorn).

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... j3bbv.html

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lachlan Henderson

According to many a lock to Geelong.

saint4life
saynta
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:According to many a lock to Geelong.
That's the mail. Along with Selwood and that crow chappy who can play a bit.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
chook23 wrote:According to many a lock to Geelong.
That's the mail. Along with Selwood and that crow chappy who can play a bit.
Yeah I'd like to see how they all fit under the salary crap

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 7491008700

Henderson dumped by blues and told to piss off after requesting a trade.

"We are obviously disappointed with Lachie’s decision to request a trade but we want people who yearn to play for our Carlton jumper — and who will accept the responsibility that comes with it,” Blues football manager Andrew McKay said.

“In consultation with our playing leadership group, it was decided it’s in the best interests of the club that Lachie sits out of the remaining three games this season.

“This will allow further opportunity to see how some of our younger players continue to perform at the AFL level."

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Do want players like him coming to the Saints. Only plays when he feels like it. Cracks the sads when things don't go his way. Not tough enough.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:Do want players like him coming to the Saints. Only plays when he feels like it. Cracks the sads when things don't go his way. Not tough enough.

He is off to the Cats apparently.

We may have a chance at an unsigned Kolo.

You are garbage - Enough said
saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Do want players like him coming to the Saints. Only plays when he feels like it. Cracks the sads when things don't go his way. Not tough enough.
No. And now neither do the Blues.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
We may have a chance at an unsigned Kolo.

Who?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

It seems pretty obvious he has already committed to another club. Not us.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Like the blues have a say in it?
I'm on the players side on this issue. F*ck Carlton.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He certainly isn't the type we want. Carlisle at least is the right age. We have made it clear we aren't using FA this year so that means we don't want guys 26 and older.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Too expensive

Would be an improvement on Gilbert though

I wonder if Lachie Henderson is the type of player we wanted Tom Lee to become?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Too expensive

Would be an improvement on Gilbert though

I wonder if Lachie Henderson is the type of player we wanted Tom Lee to become?

I dunno. Henderson was going to be dropped this week. When was the last time Gilbert was dropped?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Henderson is a very very average player. Barely AFL level. About to be dropped, on form, from the bottom side. That is not a player we should look to invest in.

Comparisons to Carlisle are ridiculous. Carlisle is younger, bigger, better forward and better back. Just no contest.

As bunk mentioned, if kolodjashnij falls out the bottom of Geelongs player shuffle, he would be a great get.

From the little I've seen of him, he looks a great size and a real talent. Geelong seems to be making quite a few errors the last few off seasons. Long may it continue.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Like the blues have a say in it?
I'm on the players side on this issue. F*ck Carlton.
You misread me.

The question was "do you want players like him(at your club)"

My answer was" no. And neither do the blues (want him at their club)."

Obviously he is a malcontent and a mercenary, but hey, I wouldn't want to be at princess park either.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Would not touch him with a barge pole.
He is a poor defender and even worse when they tried him as a forward.
He is also far too old to compliment our list.
If we trade for a player they should be 22/23 at the most.

I would rather Carlisle.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:Would not touch him with a barge pole.

I would rather Carlisle.
Henderson will be 26 in December. Carlisle 24in November.
Personally, I think Henderson is too old and both have too much baggage.

The Jonathan Hay comment from eastern worries me too.

"Jonathan Hay

After the unexpected departure of club legend Wayne Carey in 2001, North Melbourne spent several years trying to recruit a replacement key forward. With their pursuit of Jade Rawlings falling through in '03, they went what they thought was the next best thing in 2005 - his Hawthorn teammate Jonathan Hay. After all, the arrival of former Hawk Nathan Thompson had gone swimmingly in the 2005 season.

The Hawks demanded two first-round draft picks and with leverage from Port Adelaide's interest in mercurial forward Daniel Motlop, the Roos fashioned a complicated three-way deal that cost them pick 18 for the former All Australian defender.

However, Hay never lived up to his billing as the Roos' key-position saviour. He managed just the eight of the first nine games in 2006, most of which were riddled with schoolboy errors. Form and fitness kept him in the reserves for the rest of the season and he announced his retirement before the start of the 2007 season. He later revealed his ongoing battle with depression and bipolar disorder, as well as a reliance on prescription medication, had hampered his AFL career.

The deal: Hawthorn loses Jonathan Hay, Nathan Lonie and pick 54, gains picks 14 and 18; Port Adelaide loses pick 14, 28 and 46, gains Daniel Motlop and pick 54; North Melbourne lose Motlop and pick 18 for Hay, picks 28 and 46.

What could have been: Bernie Vince (pick 32), Sam Gilbert (pick 33), Robert Warnock (pick 42)"

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/trades-from ... fault.aspx

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

I would rather Carlisle.

"Jonathan Hay

After the unexpected departure of club legend Wayne Carey in 2001, North Melbourne spent several years trying to recruit a replacement key forward. With their pursuit of Jade Rawlings falling through in '03, they went what they thought was the next best thing in 2005 - his Hawthorn teammate Jonathan Hay. After all, the arrival of former Hawk Nathan Thompson had gone swimmingly in the 2005 season.

The Hawks demanded two first-round draft picks and with leverage from Port Adelaide's interest in mercurial forward Daniel Motlop, the Roos fashioned a complicated three-way deal that cost them pick 18 for the former All Australian defender.

However, Hay never lived up to his billing as the Roos' key-position saviour. He managed just the eight of the first nine games in 2006, most of which were riddled with schoolboy errors. Form and fitness kept him in the reserves for the rest of the season and he announced his retirement before the start of the 2007 season. He later revealed his ongoing battle with depression and bipolar disorder, as well as a reliance on prescription medication, had hampered his AFL career.

The deal: Hawthorn loses Jonathan Hay, Nathan Lonie and pick 54, gains picks 14 and 18; Port Adelaide loses pick 14, 28 and 46, gains Daniel Motlop and pick 54; North Melbourne lose Motlop and pick 18 for Hay, picks 28 and 46.

What could have been: Bernie Vince (pick 32), Sam Gilbert (pick 33), Robert Warnock (pick 42)"

The Jon Hay comments worries you why? because a person on the internet forum saw similarities. Seriously? What about the similarity of Carlisle and Lake. Or Gunstan or Burgoyne.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

saynta wrote:

I would rather Carlisle.

"Jonathan Hay

I agree he is two years older than Carlisle.
I do not believe that baggage is the distinguishing feature when looking at Henderson and Carlisle.
They both seem to want out of their current club for their own reasons.
I don't know the reasons but I guess JC's has something to do with the supplements scandal, which seems fair enough.

My concern is age and ability while Henderson may only be 25 at the moment he will be 28 - 29 when we start challenging.
Many players are starting to decline at that age, many go longer but 29 is often the start of the decline.
Carlilse is two years younger and as such is more likely to be at his peak when we are challenging than Henderson.
Not saying he will but it is all a matter of probability.
The other defining characteristic of the two is pure ability, for which Carlisle is a far superior player to Henderson.
I think even Henderson's mum would find it difficult to mount an argument stating that Henderson is a better footballer than Carlisle.

As to the Johnathan Hay comparison lets throw up some other names of Key position players that have shifted clubs as that seems to be the only real point of comparison between them. Fraser Gehrig, Anthony Rocca, Brian Lake, Mal Michaels, Barry Hall, Tony Lockett... so which is Henderson and which is Carlisle and why are we concerned about Johnathan Hay?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:
saynta wrote:

I would rather Carlisle.

"Jonathan Hay

I agree he is two years older than Carlisle.
I do not believe that baggage is the distinguishing feature when looking at Henderson and Carlisle.
They both seem to want out of their current club for their own reasons.
I don't know the reasons but I guess JC's has something to do with the supplements scandal, which seems fair enough.

My concern is age and ability while Henderson may only be 25 at the moment he will be 28 - 29 when we start challenging.
Many players are starting to decline at that age, many go longer but 29 is often the start of the decline.
Carlilse is two years younger and as such is more likely to be at his peak when we are challenging than Henderson.
Not saying he will but it is all a matter of probability.
The other defining characteristic of the two is pure ability, for which Carlisle is a far superior player to Henderson.
I think even Henderson's mum would find it difficult to mount an argument stating that Henderson is a better footballer than Carlisle.

As to the Johnathan Hay comparison lets throw up some other names of Key position players that have shifted clubs as that seems to be the only real point of comparison between them. Fraser Gehrig, Anthony Rocca, Brian Lake, Mal Michaels, Barry Hall, Tony Lockett... so which is Henderson and which is Carlisle and why are we concerned about Johnathan Hay?
I don't think that's what eastern was hinting at. Hay was a selection from hell for reasons other than footballing ability.

Essendon has a history of duding other clubs at the trade table.

Lovett was our selection from hell. We were well and truly sucked in by the cheaters.

And for the record, I know nothing about Carlisle other than watching him play footy.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dead thread. Henderson is from the western district. Went to school in Geelong. This is a done deal.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So just curiously... Looking at a few posts on this thread, am i to assume that Gilbert would fetch a higher price on the open market than Henderson?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:So just curiously... Looking at a few posts on this thread, am i to assume that Gilbert would fetch a higher price on the open market than Henderson?

Doubt it very much.