F@#king Umpires

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: F@#king Umpires

Notice Alistair Clarkson ( at after game media talk) had a little bit of a shot at the umpires. He gave about 3 instances where Hawks were penalised ( and he agreed with the free kicks against Hawks) however he said same free kicks were not paid against Eagles. He said umps needed to be consistent when awarding frees.

Also he was rather perturbed about that deliberate out of bounce early in the match....... Kick travelled some 70 metres , towards Hawthorns forward region, before it wobbled out of bounce. He mentioned how therewere a number of dubious deliberate out of bounce by Eagles, before one was paid against Eagles
But he wasn't using this as excuses, said frees against Hawks were definite frees and had no result on game as Eagles were by far the better team - was just asking for consistency. Was this a veiled way of saying ....... When playing at Subiaco frees are hard to earn for opposition teams? Will be interesting to see if he gets into hot water over his comments.

Freebird
Club Player

This is coming from a coach of a side who historically are well looked after by the umps...imagine what he would say if he coached us

CarlD
Club Player

Freebird wrote:This is coming from a coach of a side who historically are well looked after by the umps...imagine what he would say if he coached us
He couldn't say anything because he would already be broke! :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

F@#king Umpires

WellardSaint wrote:Silly sweeping statement:
"Umpires' decisions don't really affect the result of a game";
wrong. What about the one against Geelong: when Mav marked, and a Cat ran over the mark, and no 50 was given- would have put Mav right in front.
the 4 goals gifted to the Wet Toast last night made things harder for the Hawks.
So, yes, umps CAN affect the result of a game.

An umpire apologist will of course defend umpires and the standard of umpiring.
Same as cops defend police and policing standards.
Or lawyers defend the "justice system" haha
- we have a QC in Perth, Tom Percy, who has a weekly newspaper column- he earns big dollars defending the scum of the earth, and defends his own breed of evil in his column.
- then we have church officials defending the church.
Of course, being a Saints supporter, I am biased when it comes to the treatment of Rooey getting mauled for no result, etc
But p66 is also biased as well, as he has invested years in his passion of umpiring, and will defend the (low) standards till the cows come home. He believes in it and wll never admit to its mistakes.
I wonder if he will even admit some of its mistakes when having a beer with other whistleblowers.
Such as the Mav non-50 m penalty.
Even though some umpire (Humphrey?) admitted the error, and Richo said PUBLICLY its 50 "every day of the week"
I'd like him to say our coach is "a liar" or is "deluded" as his normal response.
Richo has 30 years of fully paid "professional" experience in coaching.

Fanciful lies there about what I say

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought WCE got the better end of the frees against the Hawks too.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:Silly sweeping statement:
"Umpires' decisions don't really affect the result of a game";
wrong. What about the one against Geelong: when Mav marked, and a Cat ran over the mark, and no 50 was given- would have put Mav right in front.
the 4 goals gifted to the Wet Toast last night made things harder for the Hawks.
So, yes, umps CAN affect the result of a game.

An umpire apologist will of course defend umpires and the standard of umpiring.
Same as cops defend police and policing standards.
Or lawyers defend the "justice system" haha
- we have a QC in Perth, Tom Percy, who has a weekly newspaper column- he earns big dollars defending the scum of the earth, and defends his own breed of evil in his column.
- then we have church officials defending the church.
Of course, being a Saints supporter, I am biased when it comes to the treatment of Rooey getting mauled for no result, etc
But p66 is also biased as well, as he has invested years in his passion of umpiring, and will defend the (low) standards till the cows come home. He believes in it and wll never admit to its mistakes.
I wonder if he will even admit some of its mistakes when having a beer with other whistleblowers.
Such as the Mav non-50 m penalty.
Even though some umpire (Humphrey?) admitted the error, and Richo said PUBLICLY its 50 "every day of the week"
I'd like him to say our coach is "a liar" or is "deluded" as his normal response.
Richo has 30 years of fully paid "professional" experience in coaching.

Fanciful lies there about what I say
You do love the status quo Plugger.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:A very umpired game. Better players, better umpires, better game to umpire.

bulls*** and an excuse made by umpires and those that wave their flags.
Plugger is able to wave flags with the best of them. :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:A very umpired game. Better players, better umpires, better game to umpire.

bulls*** and an excuse made by umpires and those that wave their flags.
Plugger is able to wave flags with the best of them. :wink:

Stinger sorry Saynta instead of trying to start something how about commenting on the game and the umpiring. Different name but still no ability to think for yourself.