Jake Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jake Carlisle

bigred wrote:Oh well.

Hawthorn get to do it again.

Moving on....
looks that way.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

FACT: Today is just the Dons, Hawks and North

NOTHING is known of what Carlisle and/or his manager thinks. Until we hear from them we do not know if we are, or are not, Jake's first preference still.

From what EFC have said no one from their camp has spoken to him about the deal as yet.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

It looks like good wheeling and dealing from all parties. I don't blame Dons for wanting to maximise Carlisle pick - they are in desperate need of a mini-rebuild after what Hird did to that club. Hawks giving themselves the best chance at a fourpeat which many thought impossible in the modern era and may cement them as the greatest team of all time. And Saints have held there nerve. And I can't blame Carlisle if he looking at the chance of a premiership. All players are desperate for that.

We never needed Carlisle, he was a want not a need. We could get a good young key defender with 2nd round this year or first or second round next year or year after. Get a great young kid to bond with Goddard - same age, same wage, sweating it out together, doing it tough early, starting their careers with a sense of mission and having each others back. On grand final day they will be as thick as thieves, marshalling the backline like generals. We've got to be patient and do this rebuild right and we will have another dynasty. Keep playing the long game.

lefty
Club Player

Don't care.
I'd rather get Weller's brother.

We are desperate for midfielders.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Bluthy wrote:It looks like good wheeling and dealing from all parties. I don't blame Dons for wanting to maximise Carlisle pick - they are in desperate need of a mini-rebuild after what Hird did to that club. Hawks giving themselves the best chance at a fourpeat which many thought impossible in the modern era and may cement them as the greatest team of all time. And Saints have held there nerve. And I can't blame Carlisle if he looking at the chance of a premiership. All players are desperate for that.

We never needed Carlisle, he was a want not a need. We could get a good young key defender with 2nd round this year or first or second round next year or year after. Get a great young kid to bond with Goddard - same age, same wage, sweating it out together, doing it tough early, starting their careers with a sense of mission and having each others back. On grand final day they will be as thick as thieves, marshalling the backline like generals. We've got to be patient and do this rebuild right and we will have another dynasty. Keep playing the long game.
I like your thinking.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Club statement- and manager
St Kilda statement on Jake Carlisle
October 15, 2015 6:14 PM

Newsletter
RSS
AFL 2015 Rd 18 - Essendon v Western Bulldogs
Jake Carlisle is determined to play for the Saints from 2016 and beyond.
St Kilda Football Club reiterates Jake Carlisle’s statement that he is determined to play for the Saints from 2016 and beyond.

Carlisle confirmed his view to the club directly today from overseas.

St Kilda COO Ameet Bains said the Saints would continue to speak with Essendon about a deal that would bring Carlisle to St Kilda.

“The club will continue to work with Jake’s management and the Essendon Football Club to secure an appropriate trade that will give effect to Jake’s wishes,” Bains said.

Carlisle’s manager Anthony McConville has also this afternoon reiterated that he would continue to seek a deal that would see his client join the Saints.

“Given Jake’s preference is to play at St Kilda, my focus is to work with the clubs to get him to his intended destination,” McConville said.

“I have full faith and confidence that all parties can work together to achieve a fair outcome for everyone."

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-10-1 ... e-carlisle

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Don't care.
I'd rather get Weller's brother.

We are desperate for midfielders.
Same here. Every chance Weller will be equivalent or not far behind what we pick up with pick 5 anyhow (there is no reason to believe someone like Parish will be miles better than Weller). If Freo throw in a first round pick for next year then basically we get a first round pick for free as far as I am concerned.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Club statement- and manager

Newsletter
RSS
St Kilda Football Club reiterates Jake Carlisle’s statement that he is determined to play for the Saints from 2016 and beyond.

St Kilda COO Ameet Bains said the Saints would continue to speak with Essendon about a deal that would bring Carlisle to St Kilda.

“The club will continue to work with Jake’s management and the Essendon Football Club to secure an appropriate trade that will give effect to Jake’s wishes,” Bains said.

Carlisle’s manager Anthony McConville has also this afternoon reiterated that he would continue to seek a deal that would see his client join the Saints.

“Given Jake’s preference is to play at St Kilda, my focus is to work with the clubs to get him to his intended destination,” McConville said.

“I have full faith and confidence that all parties can work together to achieve a fair outcome for everyone."

Mmmmm. Sounds to me like Saints will up their ante now their hand is forced a bit. But if Clarkson gets in Carlisle's ear I reckon it could be all over. Flag chances don't come along every day. Carlisle said himself he may only play another 6 or 7 years.

citywest

I have been dead against Carlisle right from the start. Nothing against him at all, it's just that we don't need him. What we need is top shelf midfielders and pick 5 will get us one. On the flip side, I would consider trading pick 5 for picks 9 and 13 because then we would be in with a shot of still getting top shelf midfielder with pick 9 and with pick 13 we would have a great chance of getting Kieran Collins (KPD).

If we achieved the above we would be absolutely laughing all the way to the bank. And I mean that literally because we would not be paying $600,000 per year to Carlisle.

longtimesaint
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Club statement- and manager

Newsletter
RSS

Mmmmm. Sounds to me like Saints will up their ante now their hand is forced a bit. But if Clarkson gets in Carlisle's ear I reckon it could be all over. Flag chances don't come along every day. Carlisle said himself he may only play another 6 or 7 years.
A possibility is to offer them next years first round and keep pick 5 - next years may be 9 or 10 if we continue to improve.

One year will be our year
saynta
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I have been dead against Carlisle right from the start. Nothing against him at all, it's just that we don't need him. What we need is top shelf midfielders and pick 5 will get us one. On the flip side, I would consider trading pick 5 for picks 9 and 13 because then we would be in with a shot of still getting top shelf midfielder with pick 9 and with pick 13 we would have a great chance of getting Kieran Collins (KPD).

If we achieved the above we would be absolutely laughing all the way to the bank. And I mean that literally because we would not be paying $600,000 per year to Carlisle.
Good post. Refreshing coming from you.

citywest

saynta wrote:
citywest wrote:I have been dead against Carlisle right from the start. Nothing against him at all, it's just that we don't need him. What we need is top shelf midfielders and pick 5 will get us one. On the flip side, I would consider trading pick 5 for picks 9 and 13 because then we would be in with a shot of still getting top shelf midfielder with pick 9 and with pick 13 we would have a great chance of getting Kieran Collins (KPD).

Good post. Refreshing coming from you.
Thank you saynta. I just hope Ammet is thinking this way.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

suggestion from some it's now a ' bidding war''

from The Essendon rep- when it wasn't happening , we looked around..... they started the bidding war by offering a player that didn't want them

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:suggestion from some it's now a ' bidding war''

from The Essendon rep- when it wasn't happening , we looked around..... they started the bidding war by offering a player that didn't want them
Who is 'they'? Is it the Saints or the Hawks? Also who is 'them' that the player didn't want? Is it Essendon, North, Saints or Hawks? The Essendon rep is making this even more confusing!!!! At least for me :P

saintjake
Club Player

Here's the thing. Jake could jump on to the over flowing bandwagon of Hawthorn and be a side kick to the greatest team ever. Before watch the wheels fall off right before his eyes as Mitchell, Hodge ect retire.

Or he could join us, endure some short term pain, but work towards behind a key part in a different dynasty.

Big decision for him, real test of his character. If he still chooses Saints I'll jump on his bandwagon, I'd be impressed.

Ned Stark
Club Player

Have Hawthorn said anything publicly about the deal? I smell a rat. We need to hold our nerve. Paying overs for JC and giving a team in the same window as us picks 4 and 5 in the draft would be a mistake in the long term. Two gun mids and the Bombers are back on track in the medium term. Doing such a deal is the kind of short sighted small club mistake made under previous regimes. Hope we are better than that now. We have to be smarter and more methodical to have any hope of success in this league. Stick to the long term blueprint and don't get sucked in by this opportunity unless it doesn't cost us the farm. God speed Ameet

Kate
Club Player

So Carlisle says he wants to play for St Kilda.

Question: Can Essendon trade him to another club if he does not agree to it?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

id rather have him than not have him.

santazzi
Club Player

"Big decision for him, real test of his character. If he still chooses Saints I'll jump on his bandwagon, I'd be impressed."

He has already made his decision. In his post STK nomination interview he made it very clear that if he wanted a premiership now, he would have nominated the Hawks. He also made it clear that he wanted to develop with our young guys and make his own premiership. I cannot believe that he is such a turncoat. Guys relax. He will be a Saint somehow.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
saintbrat wrote:suggestion from some it's now a ' bidding war''

Who is 'they'? Is it the Saints or the Hawks? Also who is 'them' that the player didn't want? Is it Essendon, North, Saints or Hawks? The Essendon rep is making this even more confusing!!!! At least for me :P

they/ them and essendon rep all the one and the same.....

BTW - Essendon rep also stated he had NOT contacted Jake re the 'new offer' but was leaving it to the Hawks....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
To the top
SS Life Member

Just to add to this ever expanding thread (and my previuos comment):-

It is reported that Carlisle has said from overseas that he is committed to St Kilda - for 2016 and beyond.

So that was the response all at St Kilda would welcome (both in respect to carlisle and to the Club).

So, the Druggies say "we will only trade you to Hawthorn"

Carlisle says "OK" and Hawthorn put a Contract before him to allow the Trade.

Carlisle responds "Oh no! If I have to play with you, it is only for 1 season to get away from the Druggies so the ONLY Contract I will sign is for $3.2M for ONE YEAR, then I will be off to St Kilda. Thankyou, where do I sign?".

Simply, no one can force Carlisle to sign any Contract he does not want to sign.

So the Druggies and Vultures expecting Carlisle to sign a long term Contract with the Vultures (which would be required) is the key - and Carlisle's decision, exclusively.

So Carlisle and his commitment to St Kilda are central.

If the AFL or anyone pressures Carlisle to sign anything he does not want to sign then a look at Brian Adamson getting to Norwood in 1978 tells you what it tells you in regards Restraint of Trade.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

if Jake turns away other other offers and shows a fair dinkum willingness to play for us then I will have a man crush.

had a crush for p66 but he aint with us anymore.

saint-stu
Club Player

Bombers are playing dirty games. I think we should walk away from the trade and take our chances with the PSD.

Would love to get Carlisle for a second round pick, but no way we should give up pick 5. Should be able to get another gun player (like Billings) with that pick.

Hugh Goddard was pick 21 last year.
Jake Carlisle was pick 24 in his own draft.
Alex Rance was pick 18 in his draft.
Brian Lake was pick 71 in his draft!
Harry Taylor was pick 17 in his draft.
Max Hudghton was pick 15 in his draft.

1ac46a38
spert
Saintsational Legend

I hope Billings turns out OK- I've seen him play one or two good games and otherwise show some promise here and there, but then so do a lot of young players

saint-stu
Club Player

spert wrote:I hope Billings turns out OK- I've seen him play one or two good games and otherwise show some promise here and there, but then so do a lot of young players
He is a gun! Kicked 4.2 against bulldogs to win the game. I saw him do a similar thing in the VFL against Frankston in his first year.

1ac46a38