Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kell
Club Player

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

Pathetic response from the club! This was a chance to show some leadership and act in way that would shape the character of the club. Sack him ! Fight him his manager EFC and HFC in the courts ...negligent misrepresentation, conspiracy to defraud, misleading and deceptive conduct, breach of contract etc..... How can the players, club members supporters etc have any faith in this person. JC has demonstrated he is not of good character and is undeserving of our trust. I wonder if the substance going up his bugle was performance enhancing? ASADA and WADA might have a renewed special interest in the twit. I hate this guy for what he has done to my club. His presence at STKFC is toxic. He MUST go!!!!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

I'm more worried about his knee
The drug stuff is everywhere in society
Big whoops.
You'd be surprised if you heard the millions of stories about people doing stuff that's not socially acceptable
You'd be surprised about who does what at your place of employment

Some people have some serious blinkers on about 'life'

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

kell wrote:Pathetic response from the club! This was a chance to show some leadership and act in way that would shape the character of the club. Sack him ! Fight him his manager EFC and HFC in the courts ...negligent misrepresentation, conspiracy to defraud, misleading and deceptive conduct, breach of contract etc..... How can the players, club members supporters etc have any faith in this person. JC has demonstrated he is not of good character and is undeserving of our trust. I wonder if the substance going up his bugle was performance enhancing? ASADA and WADA might have a renewed special interest in the twit. I hate this guy for what he has done to my club. His presence at STKFC is toxic. He MUST go!!!!!
If taking party drugs means you're of poor character and you get sacked, a good chunk of our list would gone by now.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps a bit of

"we are extremely disappointed that all information was not provided to us whilst trade talks were taking place. The STKFC makes it part of their policy to divulge all information on players on the trade table"

markp
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
kell wrote:Pathetic response from the club! This was a chance to show some leadership and act in way that would shape the character of the club. Sack him ! Fight him his manager EFC and HFC in the courts ...negligent misrepresentation, conspiracy to defraud, misleading and deceptive conduct, breach of contract etc..... How can the players, club members supporters etc have any faith in this person. JC has demonstrated he is not of good character and is undeserving of our trust. I wonder if the substance going up his bugle was performance enhancing? ASADA and WADA might have a renewed special interest in the twit. I hate this guy for what he has done to my club. His presence at STKFC is toxic. He MUST go!!!!!
If taking party drugs means you're of poor character and you get sacked, a good chunk of our list would gone by now.
On a scale of one to ten, how much of an irredeemable f-wit would he have to be to do what he did, when he did it?

longtimesaint
Club Player

mullet wrote:Perhaps a bit of

"we are extremely disappointed that all information was not provided to us whilst trade talks were taking place. The STKFC makes it part of their policy to divulge all information on players on the trade table"
Essendon will just say they didn't know of the video!

One year will be our year
Viking3
Club Player

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

We've certainly paid through the nose for Jake.

kell
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:

Are you able to identify the players on our list taking illicit drugs or simply prepared to let your crude unsubstantiated comment stand to besmirch the character of all the players

saintact7
Club Player

Agree totally Kell, very disappointed in the club.

Appears a complete lack of due diligence which should have been a given in light of previous recruiting from Bombers.

Thought we were taking the "no dxxkheads approach'. Sure Richo has experience with him but that was when Carlisle was first recruited, ie an 18 year old. Kids can change a lot after 6 years in the system.

Definitely not happy and email just received from Matt Finnis doesn't help at all, seems club will wear it, surely they must have some recourse?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
On a scale of one to ten, how much of an irredeemable f-wit would he have to be to do what he did, when he did it?
When did he do it?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
lefty
Club Player

matrix wrote:I'm more worried about his knee
Big whoops.
You'd be surprised if you heard the millions of stories about people doing stuff that's not socially acceptable

This kind of leniency is exactly the reason why this crap continues to happen.

If someone at my workplace did this, they would be instantly fired, I'm not putting the lives of others at risk because of incompetence.

If society thinks its OK to take drugs and that they are good for you, world's gone made.
I have no sympathy for those who play with their lives and then die.

Its like KB said, you drink and drive you're fired, if you take drugs, its "oh you'd be surprised how many do it" like its normal.... until s*** goes wrong and that wanker causes a head on crash killing two innocent people travelling in the other direction.

We don't need f'wits at this club. One warning. That's it.

This club needs to strong and gain the values the members and sponsors demand.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Jesus Christ some people live under a rock

He will not be 'sacked' and the trade will not be reversed.
Yeah lets sack him, but keep the other players on our list that have dabbled in an off season
Lol

Wake up people
He didn't hurt anyone
He hadn't raped anyone, killed anyone

Ffs get a grip.

kell
Club Player

matrix wrote:Jesus Christ some people live under a rock

He will not be 'sacked' and the trade will not be reversed.
Yeah lets sack him, but keep the other players on our list that have dabbled in an off season
Lol

Wake up people
He didn't hurt anyone
He hadn't raped anyone, killed anyone

Ffs get a grip.

Thank goodness your not running the club! Oh wait on... is that you Matt ?????

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Lefty.

Fatty foods are bad
Alcohol is bad
Smoking is bad
95% of all drugs are bad

My work place has an education program and you are stood down to sort you're s*** out.
But they don't care what you do to your own body in your own time
They care about the safety of you and others around you while performing your duties
That's all that matters.

Drugs are part of life
Illegal or legal.
To be shocked about an afl player doing some drugs is silly.
While it doesn't look good for kids etc, neither does a lot of other stuff that happens in life
All we can do is educate kids
But at the end of the day, its my body and who the hell is anyone to pass judgement on what I do with it if I'm not hurting anyone.
Oh it makes the club look bad I hear?
Every single club in every single sporting code would have looked bad at some stage.

markp
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
markp wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
When did he do it?
While he was OOC and his career was hanging critically in the balance.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Kell
It's life
I would think no less of anyone on here if they said they had done drugs

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintact7 wrote:
Agree totally Kell, very disappointed in the club.

Appears a complete lack of due diligence which should have been a given in light of previous recruiting from Bombers.

Thought we were taking the "no dxxkheads approach'. Sure Richo has experience with him but that was when Carlisle was first recruited, ie an 18 year old. Kids can change a lot after 6 years in the system.

Definitely not happy and email just received from Matt Finnis doesn't help at all, seems club will wear it, surely they must have some recourse?[/quot

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/st-kilda-r ... kf4w2.html

'The short clip was broadcast on Channel Nine's A Current Affair on Wednesday evening, just hours after Carlisle's move to the Saints was finalised in a complex three-way deal between Sydney, Essendon and the Saints.
Advertisement

The 10-second video was reportedly offered to media outlets at an asking price of between $10,000 and $20,000.

In the shaky, low-lit clip, a man in a blue shirt appears to snort a line of white powder off a table and then hold his nose.
On Wednesday, Carlisle's move to St Kilda was confirmed in a complex trade deal.

On Wednesday, Carlisle's move to St Kilda was confirmed in a complex trade deal

Carlisle apparently filmed the clip himself and sent the video out via the social media application, Snapchat.

The Saints released a statement on Thursday morning saying that they were "incredibly disappointed" in Carlisle and that his behaviour was "not acceptable".

Videos sent through Snapchat can only be viewed once and cannot be saved, but a new feature means Snapchat users can replay one video per week.

It is believed the Snapchat video was filmed using another phone or tablet, and then leaked to the media.

The 24-year-old is currently holidaying in the US, and has been posting photos of his travels regularly on Instagram.

Carlisle was one of the AFL's biggest trade names this season after he decided to leave Essendon.

Reigning premiers Hawthorn had been in negotiations as recently as Tuesday, however his move to St Kilda on a four-year contract was confirmed on Wednesday afternoon.

A Current Affair reported that Carlisle's manager, Anthony McConville, had been contacted about the video on Tuesday.

It was also reported that Carlisle's manager had not told St Kilda the video would be made public.

St Kilda's communications and digital general manager Craig Rowston said on Wednesday night the club only found out about the existence of the video after the trade deal had been done on Wednesday afternoon. He first saw it on A Current Affair, he said.

"We first saw the ACA footage last night and we were not aware of it before the trade," St Kilda Football Club tweeted on Thursday.

"We are in contact with Jake - who is in America - and his manager and expect to be in a position to comment further later today [Thursday]," the club said on Twitter.

In July, pictures of Gold Coast Suns player Harley Bennell emerged, showing him in a hotel room with lines of white powder. Bennell was dumped from the Suns' playing list shortly after.

On Wednesday, Carlisle officially became a St Kilda player via a three-way trade involving Sydney, with the Saints claiming the 24-year-old key position player and pick No.14. Essendon got picks No.5 and 24 as well as Sydney's Craig Bird, while the Swans received picks No. 23 and 44.

Carlisle arrived at Essendon as an off-shoot from St Kilda's ill-fated decision to trade for another Bomber, Andrew Lovett, back in 2009.

The Saints traded their first-round pick, No.16, to secure Lovett, and then Essendon used that selection as part of a complicated multi-club deal involving Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and Geelong.

The Bombers received goal-kicking small forward Mark Williams as well as picks No.24 and No.33 in the 2009 draft. They used No.24 to draft Carlisle.'

The gift(pick) that keeps on giving (heartache to the saints).
Last edited by saynta on Thu 22 Oct 2015 12:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Work colleague told me that he heard on 927 this morning that Carlisle's manager knew about the video 5 days ago.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ripplug66
Club Player

lefty wrote:
matrix wrote:I'm more worried about his knee
Big whoops.

This kind of leniency is exactly the reason why this crap continues to happen.

If someone at my workplace did this, they would be instantly fired, I'm not putting the lives of others at risk because of incompetence.

If society thinks its OK to take drugs and that they are good for you, world's gone made.
I have no sympathy for those who play with their lives and then die.

Its like KB said, you drink and drive you're fired, if you take drugs, its "oh you'd be surprised how many do it" like its normal.... until s*** goes wrong and that wanker causes a head on crash killing two innocent people travelling in the other direction.

We don't need f'wits at this club. One warning. That's it.

This club needs to strong and gain the values the members and sponsors demand.
KB never said if you drink and drive you are fired so don't use emotive words like that. And if you are sacking guys in your workplace for using drugs then you will lucky to have 30% of your workforce there. Its like these morons who ring KB and say if that was me I would be charged by the cops. Firstly if a photo was taken of a no body using drugs and somehow ended up in the paper the cops wouldn't do a thing and if they catch you using and its a first offence nothing happens anyway apart from a caution so that is emotive crap anyway.

Carlisle is dumb by the looks of it but doesn't deserve anything more than a small suspension. He certain shouldn't be sacked.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Lefty.

Fatty foods are bad
Alcohol is bad
Smoking is bad
95% of all drugs are bad

My work place has an education program and you are stood down to sort you're s*** out.
They care about the safety of you and others around you while performing your duties
That's all that matters.

Drugs are part of life
Illegal or legal.
While it doesn't look good for kids etc, neither does a lot of other stuff that happens in life
But at the end of the day, its my body and who the hell is anyone to pass judgement on what I do with it if I'm not hurting anyone.
Every single club in every single sporting code would have looked bad at some stage.
He's still a flog for sending it via snap chat.

I wouldn't sack him but I'm not sure if we have made the right decision.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
satchmo wrote:
markp wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
When did he do it?
While he was OOC and his career was hanging critically in the balance.
Sorry, I thought that you implied that you knew when it was.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Grrrrr
Club Player

Jesus...
Guy has made a poor call, very poor call. We all have made them.
What a great opportunity for him to turn his life around now.
Cut the guy some slack.
I for one will stick by him now that he is a Saints man.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
matrix wrote:Lefty.

Fatty foods are bad
Alcohol is bad
Smoking is bad
95% of all drugs are bad

That's all that matters.

Drugs are part of life
Illegal or legal.
He's still a flog for sending it via snap chat.

I wouldn't sack him but I'm not sure if we have made the right decision.
If I had done drugs at work or at home and the powers that be found out about it, I would have been stood down and eventually sacked.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Its like KB said, you drink and drive you're fired, if you take drugs, its "oh you'd be surprised how many do it" like its normal.... until s*** goes wrong and that wanker causes a head on crash killing two innocent people travelling in the other direction.
Luke Hodge, Matt Janesch, Jeff Garlett, Alan Murray, Dawson Simpson, Jay Shulz and Brad Ottens were all sacked for drink driving?