Membership 2016

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Membership 2016

I opted for the scarf over Marty McFly's life preserver, but I'm not sure I'll be wearing it. Looks too much like a soccer scarf.
Last edited by Sainternist on Wed 04 Nov 2015 2:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

So I've got a young bloke "in the oven" (I don't, the better half does!!) who will arrive just after Christmas.

Of course he'll be signed up early on, but I'd love to be able to have him start counting his "years of membership" from the start of his life. Does anyone know what the lowest level of membership that starts the tally?? Assuming the baby and toddler packages dont apply??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:So I've got a young bloke "in the oven" (I don't, the better half does!!) who will arrive just after Christmas.

Of course he'll be signed up early on, but I'd love to be able to have him start counting his "years of membership" from the start of his life. Does anyone know what the lowest level of membership that starts the tally?? Assuming the baby and toddler packages dont apply??
Get an infant membership. Dunno what it's called but it's about 40 bucks. Sign him up when he's born or if your missus is booked in for Caesar just buy it in advance as you will know his D.O.B!

As long as you buy it before end of June it will be a 2016 membership and year 1 will be 2016.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Unwrapped your membership pack yet?
Start believing and ‪#‎BeStKilda‬ in 2016!
http://saintsmembership.com.au

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
loris
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Image
Unpacked mine bratty :P :P

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
saintbrat wrote:Image
Unpacked mine bratty :P :P
Jet boosted interstate option
I will have travelled more km than my pack beforw I open

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Looks like I will be checking out the post office today.

loris
Saintsational Legend

The scarf is not that effective in its use of red, white and black. I'd predicted that from the photo we got with our rollover notices for membership. Not enough white to make it stand out. And the white stripe and the white lettering looks greyish. Really don't go for the large lettering .......... one side reads ST KILDA MEMBER 2016, the other side is HOW I WANT TO BE WITH ST KILDA.

The only way the words can be read is if one holds the scarf up with arms outstretched, as do soccer crowds in UK, when they stretch their scarves out and sway from side to side. I notice Port Adelaide have adopted that UK soccer trend. Do Saints supporters only want to be copy cats?

With the scarf draped around the neck. One side of it hanging from your neck/shoulders looks as if you could support Essendope as it is predominately red with black lettering The other side of your body, you could be a Sydney Swans supporter as it is red with white lettering. The only hint of a tri colour is at the end of the scarf where there is a 50mm strip of black and a 50mm strip of white. Our emblem looks smaller this year, I must compare it to last years.

However on the plus side, our 100% acrylic scarf seems thicker this year..... one could even fool themselves that it might be wool!!!!

Hey but what the heck, it's our scarf for 2016 and I will wear it proudly to our one game in WA.............. just hope it's not warm weather!

loris
Saintsational Legend

My Pet Membership packs arrived today. I'm sure my 2 cats will love their frisbie........ Not!. And my poor old rescued greyhound is too old and crippled with arthritis, couldn't chase even a lure these days let alone a frisbie. Think I'll turn the frisbies upside down and use as water bowls on the front verge this summer for the magpies, galahs, cockies, parrots, ravens, wattlebirds, doves, wag tails and honey eaters....turn them all into Saint supporting birds,eh?

Oh and you do get a pet membership tag as well. Don't think I'll try and put a Saints tag on the Eastern Long Billed Corella that has adopted my front yard.......... it's beak looks like it could do a bit of damage if it didn't want to be tagged a Saint Pet Member.

noddy04
Club Player

loris wrote:My Pet Membership packs arrived today. I'm sure my 2 cats will love their frisbie........ Not!. And my poor old rescued greyhound is too old and crippled with arthritis, couldn't chase even a lure these days let alone a frisbie. Think I'll turn the frisbies upside down and use as water bowls on the front verge this summer for the magpies, galahs, cockies, parrots, ravens, wattlebirds, doves, wag tails and honey eaters....turn them all into Saint supporting birds,eh?

Oh and you do get a pet membership tag as well. Don't think I'll try and put a Saints tag on the Eastern Long Billed Corella that has adopted my front yard.......... it's beak looks like it could do a bit of damage if it didn't want to be tagged a Saint Pet Member.
Chicken :)

mambo2706
Club Player

Finally got my package this morning :D :D :D

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I got my membership pack late last week. It's great that the club have had them ready months in advance. I seem to recall a few years ago they barely had them to distribute to supporters by Round 1 of the season. I like how it's not full of gimmicks and trinkets. No frills is the best. Although I liked the fridge magnets with the season fixture on them. It was a shame to see them go.

loris wrote:The scarf is not that effective in its use of red, white and black. I'd predicted that from the photo we got with our rollover notices for membership. Not enough white to make it stand out. And the white stripe and the white lettering looks greyish. Really don't go for the large lettering .......... one side reads ST KILDA MEMBER 2016, the other side is HOW I WANT TO BE WITH ST KILDA.

The only way the words can be read is if one holds the scarf up with arms outstretched, as do soccer crowds in UK, when they stretch their scarves out and sway from side to side. I notice Port Adelaide have adopted that UK soccer trend. Do Saints supporters only want to be copy cats?

With the scarf draped around the neck. One side of it hanging from your neck/shoulders looks as if you could support Essendope as it is predominately red with black lettering The other side of your body, you could be a Sydney Swans supporter as it is red with white lettering. The only hint of a tri colour is at the end of the scarf where there is a 50mm strip of black and a 50mm strip of white. Our emblem looks smaller this year, I must compare it to last years.

However on the plus side, our 100% acrylic scarf seems thicker this year..... one could even fool themselves that it might be wool!!!!

Hey but what the heck, it's our scarf for 2016 and I will wear it proudly to our one game in WA.............. just hope it's not warm weather!
I'm with you, Loris. The 2015 member scarves looked good. Should have gone for a similar design than the soccer one. Soccer culture in AFL is lame.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:I got my membership pack late last week. It's great that the club have had them ready months in advance. I seem to recall a few years ago they barely had them to distribute to supporters by Round 1 of the season. I like how it's not full of gimmicks and trinkets. No frills is the best. Although I liked the fridge magnets with the season fixture on them. It was a shame to see them go.

loris wrote:The scarf is not that effective in its use of red, white and black. I'd predicted that from the photo we got with our rollover notices for membership. Not enough white to make it stand out. And the white stripe and the white lettering looks greyish. Really don't go for the large lettering .......... one side reads ST KILDA MEMBER 2016, the other side is HOW I WANT TO BE WITH ST KILDA.

I'm with you, Loris. The 2015 member scarves looked good. Should have gone for a similar design than the soccer one. Soccer culture in AFL is lame.
I disagree, I think it will be great to be 5 goals up at the 25 minute mark of a last qtr and have all the saints fans around the ground singing our song with scarves outstretched.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:I disagree, I think it will be great to be 5 goals up at the 25 minute mark of a last qtr and have all the saints fans around the ground singing our song with scarves outstretched.
But by having your hands preoccupied in holding the scarf up, you then cannot clap and sing at the same time. As I said, soccer culture in AFL looks lame and extremely try-hard. The Port Adelaide scarves thing makes me cringe.

Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

Just got my pack today and can I say, the scarf is the best ever, love it.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
I disagree, I think it will be great to be 5 goals up at the 25 minute mark of a last qtr and have all the saints fans around the ground singing our song with scarves outstretched.
Don't be silly. We could still lose from there. :shock:

Just got my pack. The caps are going to look very collingwood on tv from the front. Last years you could see some red on the sides. The Hawthorn colured Dare logo threw me a bit but I kind of like the flash of different colours.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Came today
Where's the social club keyring/thingy
??

howlinwolf
Club Player

matrix wrote:Came today
Where's the social club keyring/thingy
??
Matrix, It's the large heavy "coin" in a black cloth ring bag.
It'll make a nice lasting momento but gee it's a bit cumbersome to take to the game.
Personally I'd prefer "social" club just printed on the card as that makes for quick entry to the Victory Room.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
howlinwolf
Club Player

My wife isn't a huge fan of her scarf. She thinks it looks like a soccer scarf and the white is grey as other posters have mentioned.
I think it's ok. It's definitely the best quality scarf I have seen for a while.
It isn't easy to change the scarf each year within the boundaries of three colours and keep coming up with a killer design.
I'm cutting them some slack here.
At least they are trying to make a statement.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

My Mrs wasn't a huge fan of the cheap ass non embroid afl merchandise thingy called a puffer vest either.

I'll check the coin thingy out.
It's prob in the envelope still :oops:

howlinwolf
Club Player

The social club "coin" is around 50mm diameter and 3mm thick. Quite heavy.
If you can't find it I can try and upload a photo if it'll help.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Hope everyone likes the membership card. No doubting which team you follow!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

All good
Found it
8-)

lefty
Club Player

The scarf is not that good.

Just comparing the 09 scarf to the 15 scarf, you can see the quality has dropped, but each to their own.

The white isn't really white enough, but then again, better than nothing.