Saints Uniforms

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mero
Club Player

Saints Uniforms

For those that don't know, I own a little website called www.footyjumpers.com
On there are all jumpers for all teams, for all time. (As far as I can find)
I've had the team uniforms for a while, but just completed the revised Saints version with all sponsor logos.
If you go to the website, then click on VFL/AFL Jumpers at the top, the club logos come up.
Click on the StKilda logo, then on All Uniforms.
Click on any of the images to get the full sized view.
I am happy to receive feedback, such as "they didn't wear that in that year", however, if doing so, please provide photo evidence of why.
I've worked a fair bit on this, and I think they're right. But I might have missed the odd thing here or there.

mambo2706
Club Player

Re: Saints Uniforms

I have seen this site in the past and was impressed with it.
One question I have: From 1897 - 1911 we wore a jumper with thick red, white and black stripes but in 1906 - 1909 some players wore lace up jumpers that look nothing like the other jumper. Is this a mistake or did we have players take to the field wearing two types of jumpers? In 1912 - 1914 we wore the same jumper with thick red, white and black stripes except with a number on the back.

Mero
Club Player

I would say you mean this one, which was worn by some players between 1906 and 1909.
I have it listed on the Home jumpers page, but not in the uniforms.
That's because I've gone for the jumper most players used, and while there certainly were quite a few who wore the lace-up, there were more who wore the long sleeve version.
Even the stripes on the woolen one I have made were not always the same as every player wore.
Some wore slightly thinner, some wider, some with the stripes in different configurations.

mambo2706
Club Player

Thanks Mero. The jumpers I was referring to was the one you've shown above and this one

Are you saying players could wear either jumper in the same game>

Mero
Club Player

Yes. And that they did.
And not only that, players wore jumpers with the black and red swapped, some with thinner stripes and some with wider stripes.
All in the same team photos.

mambo2706
Club Player

Well I've learned something today. Cheers for the info Mero.