On the bright side....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkfc1
Club Player

On the bright side....

Wow. What a game. We are looking absolutely fantastic. Forgot the crappy umpires. We are on our way to being a champion team. No longer a team of champions. You've probably just watched the last time Hawthorn beat us for a long time. Go Saints!

felix
Club Player

Re: On the bright side....

Despite the "expected " loss ...this was a win for Richo ...game plan working ..talent working ...a big tick for the Saints .TV and radio gushing about us. We are way ahead of where people had us.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Despite the "expected " loss ...this was a win for Richo ...game plan working ..talent working ...a big tick for the Saints .TV and radio gushing about us. We are way ahead of where people had us.
this!!!!!! talking about us for all the right reasons, Its just like a win to me

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Richo's performance in his presser was first class.

FIRST CLASS.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: You've probably just watched the last time Hawthorn beat us for a long time. Go Saints!
Calm down. I thought Hawks were pretty flat this week after the huge dogs game (I think they only had a 6 day break too). They had a lot of down players which is unusual for them - Hodge didn't look fully right. Our pressure definitely helped slow them down but they will be pacing themselves to build for the end of the year with some players to come in. And they are managing to blood some damn good young talent as well. Anyone who writes off the hawks is insane.

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

stkfc1 wrote:Wow. What a game. We are looking absolutely fantastic. Forgot the crappy umpires. We are on our way to being a champion team. No longer a team of champions. You've probably just watched the last time Hawthorn beat us for a long time. Go Saints!

+10

I've never been so impressed by the Saints - not even in the Lyon latitudes.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
felix
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
stkfc1 wrote: You've probably just watched the last time Hawthorn beat us for a long time. Go Saints!
Calm down. I thought Hawks were pretty flat this week after the huge dogs game (I think they only had a 6 day break too). They had a lot of down players which is unusual for them - Hodge didn't look fully right. Our pressure definitely helped slow them down but they will be pacing themselves to build for the end of the year with some players to come in. And they are managing to blood some damn good young talent as well. Anyone who writes off the hawks is insane.

Man don't pop the balloon . From memory last time we played them the gap was huge.

felix
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:

Man don't pop the balloon . From memory last time we played them the gap was huge. We have closed the gap somewhat.

felix
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:

Man don't pop the balloon . From memory last time we played them the gap was huge. We have closed the gap somewhat.

stkfc1
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
We're not talking about round 20. We're talking about the here and now. Of course Hawks will be there at the pointy end. Regardless even AC stated the bettter team lost tonight. You're only as good as you're last game. We were better for the most of the game. Still plenty of room for improvement for us. Hawks don't. This is the end of their era. They have been awesome. I hope we be as half as successful.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I had a feeling we could be more than competitive with them... Looking at the match ups

But not that close

We should have won

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Great effort and Richo praises when needed. But he continually was stressing one fact, we're 1-3. Is wanting a winning culture.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stonecold
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:Great effort and Richo praises when needed. But he continually was stressing one fact, we're 1-3. Is wanting a winning culture.
and he's right, as good as we were today, we still lost and if we are to go forward as a club, we cannot accept losing!!! But well done boys!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Long Term Injury
Club Player

Love the attitude, so proud, so very very proud. And totally woke the neighbours when paddy launched in the final quarter.
But, am equally proud that Richo found it unacceptable, I love the ethos that he is instilling in the group.
Luke Hodge's comments after the game praising us were also noteworthy, basically saying how it looks like we play with great spirit and system. That is high praise and something that again inspires confidence that we're on the right path.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Long Term Injury wrote:Love the attitude, so proud, so very very proud. And totally woke the neighbours when paddy launched in the final quarter.
But, am equally proud that Richo found it unacceptable, I love the ethos that he is instilling in the group.
Luke Hodge's comments after the game praising us were also noteworthy, basically saying how it looks like we play with great spirit and system. That is high praise and something that again inspires confidence that we're on the right path.
Also Sam Mitchell, the on ground interview after the game he spoke so positively about the Saints, how good we were, our pressure and how we execute our game plan. He hardly mention the Hawks, just saying he was greatful they got over the line. It wasn't the usual footy talk of '......... are a great side, we knew we would be in for a hard contest, blah, blah, blah.' Mitchell was only interested in praising St Kilda and the way we went about our play.

So that high praise from 2 greats, straight after the contest eh

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Richo is the man. Maybe he knows how to coach and we were all thinking that some guy called Mark Williams was going to coach us?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
To the top
SS Life Member

There is no "bright side".

This season we have LOST 2 games we should have won as a good side - and been hammered in the other abysmal loss.

The inexcusable last quarter fade out against Port Adelaide and now losing to Hawthorn in a match we should never have lost place in severe jeopardy our chances of playing Final's football this year.

It is about winning.

It is about making Finals.

And then it is about winning Finals.

No compromises - and the reasons for the losses this year have to be addressed conclusively because they just can not continue to occur.

IF we want to build a stronger List which is the absolute requirement the necessities are obvious - starting from winning games so players are pre-disposed to joining St Kilda.

No excuses.

Just results.