Team v Eagles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Re: Team v Eagles

Moods wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Moods wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Moods wrote:Hope I'm wrong, but Roberton is barely AFLstandard imo. Too slow by foot as well as thinking. Also undersized. Has played better this year but I would prefer that Goddard was developed.
Lucky for you, you are wrong.

He was great last year as he was in 2013.
No he wasn't. His disposal and decision making is awful, and he's not fast. I'll be happy to be corrected Sunday night. Let's wait and see.
Kosi is right. He was
All I know is that if players the likes of Roberton are the future at the club, we will continue to be meddling, middle ranked team.

I see it the same as Longer and Hickey. Hickey always had more class and had to be played if we were to improve. Longer was just a stop gap. Thankfully Hickey is starting to realise his potential. Improves the team immeasurably. Roberton is AFL standard, nothing more nothing less. He will do for now, but for the team to make strides the likes of Goddard need to step in the next 12-18mths.
You are clueless, Roberton is a very good AFL Player, he is 194cm far from slow for his height and he is s beautiful kick.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If Roberton lines up on either Kennedy or Darling then Gilbo or Dempster better be very very close by. I also don't think Lee could hold down FB or CHB without support. Robbo is clearly quicker than Lee and maybe that's why he gets the gig today as a key defender

AR has played Bruce in the backline when we're too short down back, and that's highly likely today

stkfc1
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:
Moods wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Moods wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Moods wrote:Hope I'm wrong, but Roberton is barely AFLstandard imo. Too slow by foot as well as thinking. Also undersized. Has played better this year but I would prefer that Goddard was developed.
Lucky for you, you are wrong.

He was great last year as he was in 2013.
No he wasn't. His disposal and decision making is awful, and he's not fast. I'll be happy to be corrected Sunday night. Let's wait and see.
Kosi is right. He was
All I know is that if players the likes of Roberton are the future at the club, we will continue to be meddling, middle ranked team.

I see it the same as Longer and Hickey. Hickey always had more class and had to be played if we were to improve. Longer was just a stop gap. Thankfully Hickey is starting to realise his potential. Improves the team immeasurably. Roberton is AFL standard, nothing more nothing less. He will do for now, but for the team to make strides the likes of Goddard need to step in the next 12-18mths.
You are clueless, Roberton is a very good AFL Player, he is 194cm far from slow for his height and he is s beautiful kick.
Seriously people have very short memories here. Roberton is easily in our best 22. Very good player who's cool under pressure and a very good field kick.Dont think he's a true KPP but excellent 3rd defender. The only knock on him is that he usually takes a few games to get his mojo back, after a spell, so not expecting him to set Subi on fire today. As i said in another thread I can see either him or Lee being used in a similar role as Roo after the great man retires. Not as good obviously but that tall winger/marking link player further up the field. HG and Carlise in defence with DR or TL that 3rd defender that can get up the ground or cover one of Carlise or HG if we swing them forward if necessary. Fantastic options for us and makes us very versatile.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Who plays on Natanui or Lycett forward?

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

missed the first half...what happened?

Nee!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:missed the first half...what happened?
Were you with the team?