Dunstan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dunstan

BigMart wrote:Another big game

2 kicks at 3q time

But that's only a stat
No, it is more like a troll...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

14 possessions for the match - far from the worst

#1 Ryder fan
The Recruit
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:His possession rate for his role is excellent. His value in close is his blocks, support, ability to lock the ball in and extracate it when advatageous. Best when ball is in dispute. A warrior. As his body and fitness develops he will become Armitage like and then Lenny like. A 20 year old playing a role that is usually assigned to a mid 20s player. Already B grade in my mind. Will be A grade at 22 or 23 and elite and a leader at 25.
Spot on

Bigmart cannot agree with anything u are saying re: Dunstan

The Recruit
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:It is absurd to think Dunstan will be anywhere near as good as Lenny. Simply absurd. It isn't even worth debating. It simply won't happen. Dunstan might be a good player but he won't be close to Lenny. Hayes is a 3 x B& F winner and 3 x AA. I mean Dunstan may well be a good competent player for us - But Lenny is an all time great of the club. I mean it isnt a fair comparison.
How do u know?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:His possession rate for his role is excellent. His value in close is his blocks, support, ability to lock the ball in and extracate it when advatageous. Best when ball is in dispute. A warrior. As his body and fitness develops he will become Armitage like and then Lenny like. A 20 year old playing a role that is usually assigned to a mid 20s player. Already B grade in my mind. Will be A grade at 22 or 23 and elite and a leader at 25.
Spot on

Bigmart cannot agree with anything u are saying re: Dunstan
That because his views are so biased. We all can't be wrong!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Dunstan. Slow. Below average kick. At this stage he doesn't read the ball off the pack that well. However he is v determined and you couldn't question his endeavour. Weller seems to be growing out of his run-with role. Maybe Dunstan can grow into it.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote:Dunstan. Slow. Below average kick. At this stage he doesn't read the ball off the pack that well. However he is v determined and you couldn't question his endeavour. Weller seems to be growing out of his run-with role. Maybe Dunstan can grow into it.
Totally agree Dunstan is.another of AR's.love childs, keeps.getting heaps of midfield time and cant damage the opposition.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:It is absurd to think Dunstan will be anywhere near as good as Lenny. Simply absurd. It isn't even worth debating. It simply won't happen. Dunstan might be a good player but he won't be close to Lenny. Hayes is a 3 x B& F winner and 3 x AA. I mean Dunstan may well be a good competent player for us - But Lenny is an all time great of the club. I mean it isnt a fair comparison.
How do u know?
I dont know 100% for sure but the odds are heavily stacked in my favour. Would you care to take a wager on it?

I'd say there is a 90% chance I am right. The odds of another Lenny coming along so soon are very slim and giving him the same jumper number wont make it more likely.

3 x B & F and 3 x AA. That will take some doing! Lenny is one of the top 10 players to ever play for the club. I mean. Come on. Get serious. It is a ridiculous comparison.
If Dunstan ends up a competent 200 game player who gets a few top 3 B & F finishes then I think we will all be happy. He doesnt need to be a club legend to have a great career. Comparing him to Lenny is simply unfair and unrealistic. If Dunstan ends up with one AA Id say hed be over the moon. But 3? Lenny got his first AA in 2003 at the age of 23.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 15 May 2016 11:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nice to see some of us don't just see what we want to see

I've got absolutely nothing against Luke... I think he'll be a player, and also a leader.

But more of the Andrew Thompson level, not Elite like Len.

And ATM he is getting a free ride in the midfield with poor number (not for a third year player) for an inside Mid. Today he was 2 levels below what was required. Sadly Jack and Dave were 1 level below. Seb stood up.
He did his time in the VFL. Earned his spot.

I'd like to see Luke getting some 90% game time/30 possession games in the VFL.

I reckon if you put Templeton, Minchington, Acres, Gresham, Curren, Saunders in the midfield you'd get 15-20ppg
Dunstan is at 17.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Nice to see some of us don't just see what we want to see

I've got absolutely nothing against Luke... I think he'll be a player, and also a leader.

But more of the Andrew Thompson level, not Elite like Len.

And ATM he is getting a free ride in the midfield with poor number (not for a third year player) for an inside Mid. Today he was 2 levels below what was required. Sadly Jack and Dave were 1 level below. Seb stood up.
He did his time in the VFL. Earned his spot.

I'd like to see Luke getting some 90% game time/30 possession games in the VFL.

I reckon if you put Templeton, Minchington, Acres, Gresham, Curren, Saunders in the midfield you'd get 15-20ppg
Dunstan is at 17.
You chop and change and so I do not really know what you are attempting to say except that you want Dunstan to play in the VFL.

Andrew Thompson averaged 17.4 disposals per game throughout his career.
His best season was 23.8.

Most people on the forum have Dunstan as a future solid contributor to our midfield. But yes that he is still young and is still developing.
Sure a few are at his upper end comparing to a future elite like Hayes. But I too doubt that he will ever get to that level.
Most state that we need to get at least two more elite mids if we are to get anywhere. Dunstan is part of our support cast.

However Dunstan is still young and developing.

Acres went missing more than Dunstan today.
Templeton I still have hope for.
Curren, Saunders and Minch I doubt will make it.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Acres has played what
10 games

And was playing HF in a team where the midfield never touched the footy and there were 3 i50s in the first q

Did you notice that no player in the front 6 had more than 1 touch at q time

Dunstan was a part of a midfield that was trounced.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Acres has played what
10 games

And was playing HF in a team where the midfield never touched the footy and there were 3 i50s in the first q

You need to reserve your judgement for another year at least. How many players have underperformed in their 1st couple of years? We just don't know what issues he's playing with behind the scenes. All I know is that he will be a great player in a couple of years. Stats don't need to tell me that.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Acres has played what
10 games

You need to reserve your judgement for another year at least. How many players have underperformed in their 1st couple of years? We just don't know what issues he's playing with behind the scenes. All I know is that he will be a great player in a couple of years. Stats don't need to tell me that.