Team v Bombers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Team v Bombers

StKilda v Essendon
Fisher, McKenzie, McCartin, Holmes in for Lonie.
Gwilt, Michael, J Merrett, Gleeson in for Grima

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Bombers

Who is on the extended bench will be interesting

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Interchange from: L. Dunstan, B. Acres, S. Fisher, P. McCartin, D. McKenzie, J. Sinclair, J. Holmes

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Playon
Club Player

Thinking it will be hickey out with Lonie (hickey rested)
Homes and Fisher in. Will be surprised if its anything else

To the top
SS Life Member

Now I am confused.

No change to the team named with the 4 included all named on the interchange bench from which Lonie has been excluded.

The 3 Emergencies taken to Perth have been excluded - including Pierce for Holmes who I understand had just 3 possessions in the VFL last week.

Similarly Mc Kenzie replaces Murdoch.

There must be some players wondering what is going on.

You would think that the 3 Emergencies taken to Perth would be the next cabs off the rank.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Thank god there is no Lee or Goddard in. Dodged a bullet there. Screw this whole "groom the next generation of tall defenders' crap. I'm seeing Demps and Fisher winning the 2020 premiership with clever use of their walking frames to hobble Cameron and Patton.

Lonie needs a decent break to regain his enthusiasm and energy - he looks shot psychologically as much as physically. Can you imagine having to throw yourself relentlessly at every single player on the field who is so much bigger than you. Richo has run him into the ground a bit. He's got himself concussed once already and must be looking forward to playing the dogs just so he could tackle Caleb in his weight division for once. I'm sure he can come back with the creativity and x-factor he had originally.

Love seeing McKenzie in - almost certainly will be an emergency with Paddy but its a start. Not sure if they want to use Holmes as emergency so Longer and Pierce can get a 2's game or if they just want his tap winning ability.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Thank god there is no Lee or Goddard in. Dodged a bullet there. Screw this whole "groom the next generation of tall defenders' crap. I'm seeing Demps and Fisher winning the 2020 premiership with clever use of their walking frames to hobble Cameron and Patton.

Lonie needs a decent break to regain his enthusiasm and energy - he looks shot psychologically as much as physically. Can you imagine having to throw yourself relentlessly at every single player on the field who is so much bigger than you. Richo has run him into the ground a bit. He's got himself concussed once already and must be looking forward to playing the dogs just so he could tackle Caleb in his weight division for once. I'm sure he can come back with the creativity and x-factor he had originally.

Love seeing McKenzie in - almost certainly will be an emergency with Paddy but its a start. Not sure if they want to use Holmes as emergency so Longer and Pierce can get a 2's game or if they just want his tap winning ability.

I don't have a problem with this hysteria of not playing lee and letting Goddard develop in the seconds.

And reckon McKenzie will play. He has all the attributes of the modern midfielder. Can run on outside, kick, goes in and can tackle!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Now I am confused.

No change to the team named with the 4 included all named on the interchange bench from which Lonie has been excluded.

The 3 Emergencies taken to Perth have been excluded - including Pierce for Holmes who I understand had just 3 possessions in the VFL last week.

Similarly Mc Kenzie replaces Murdoch.

There must be some players wondering what is going on.

You would think that the 3 Emergencies taken to Perth would be the next cabs off the rank.

Those 3 would probably be the emergencies again and with Sandy and Saints both playing on Sunday they would have missed 2 games straight.

I think Pierce was mainly taken over for the experience of travelling interstate as a learning excercise...and probably as a pat on the back.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Interchange from: L. Dunstan, B. Acres, S. Fisher, P. McCartin, D. McKenzie, J. Sinclair, J. Holmes
S. Fisher, P. McCartin, D. McKenzie, J. Sinclair.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

With paddy coming in, I was pleased to see that they did not drop Membrey. We will have a very strong forward line this week - reminds me of West Coast, last week !

I haven't seen Daniel McKenzie for a long time, so it will be good see how he goes.

Strange to see Holmes nominated ahead of Pierce, who was good enough last week to be an emergency, but not his week? Is there a training issue here?

it's a "must win" for the Saints this week.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:Interchange from: L. Dunstan, B. Acres, S. Fisher, P. McCartin, D. McKenzie, J. Sinclair, J. Holmes
You reckon Dunstan and Acres out?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Scratching head.

Being a non game playing emergency must be as much fun as having a tooth pulled, or passing a kidney stone.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

8856brother wrote:Scratching head.

Being a non game playing emergency must be as much fun as having a tooth pulled, or passing a kidney stone.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
Having passed a kidney stone, I would have loved a trip to Perth, as a non playing emergency, instead. Blokes passing a kidney stone is said by some to be the closest a male will ever get to experiencing the pain of child birth.

And, in keeping with that theme, "Pethidine, oh pethidine, where art thou my sweet, sweet pethidine."

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Very happy to see DMac in the squad.

Would be good to give Hickey a rest if he's sore; I guess we'll know soon enough, but happy to give Holmes a run

Always loyal
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So if we upgraded Holmes I assume that means we are going to play two x Ruckmen or what was the point or was there a deadline?

I am all for DMac getting a game (And even Murdoch) but it should be at the expense of Gilbert. I dont know why Gilbert is an automatic selection.

A backline of Gilbert, Fisher, Dempster and Geary is a serious waste of time.

Yes yes I know what the coach thinks. He thinks from next year we will have a set defence of Roberton-Carlisle-Goddard-Webster but Roberton is not that great and Goddard is no guarantee. I'd prefer to have some insurance and Gilbert and Geary are wasting time. And I dont care how great a guy Geary is . 'He is a really strong leader for us'. I don't care. It isnt a good bloke competition. Otherwise wed have the Dalai Lama at full forward. It is also isnt Cubs. I dont give a s*** about 'leadership' badges.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I believe it is Hickey's 50th game so I suspect he's going to play.
My guess is that Acres may be dropped and Paddy and Fisher will be the 2 inclusions.

Saints43
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
I reckon Blacres is a certainty to get dropped. I'm pretty sure after as bad a quarter of team footy as you'll ever see AR singled Blacres out for a bit of a one on one spray. Must have been waaaay off what the coach was after.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
I reckon Blacres is a certainty to get dropped. I'm pretty sure after as bad a quarter of team footy as you'll ever see AR singled Blacres out for a bit of a one on one spray. Must have been waaaay off what the coach was after.
Reminded me of the Sheldon/Devonport moment. Plus I reckon 8cres was off for a good quarter (last half of one quarter & the start of the next)

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Then in five years Richo will claim he made Acres the player he is with his 'tough love back in 2016'. Spare me.

Harves Man
Club Player

Last week, the backline took a hammering and yet Lee still can't get in. He must be becoming disenchanted and with good reason.

1965 Saint
Club Player

Saints43 wrote:
st.byron wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Dead right. I was at the game and Acres was absolutely woeful. I was embarrassed for him and just when I was beginning to believe the rave reviews on here that he was "arriving". I suspect he'll arrive at West Coast or the Shitfish before you know it. I hope we get more for him than we got for Cripps

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Why single out Acres, when the downhill skiers (WCE) were smashing us in clearance, go to Armo and Steven, tell em to lift their game!
Getting fed up with Gilbo and Geary.
Why, why do Saints coaches persist with hacks that even a VAFA team wouldn't want?
It's a saints tradition that's pathetic

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
spert
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Why single out Acres, when the downhill skiers (WCE) were smashing us in clearance, go to Armo and Steven, tell em to lift their game!
Getting fed up with Gilbo and Geary.
Why, why do Saints coaches persist with hacks that even a VAFA team wouldn't want?
It's a saints tradition that's pathetic
Yep- we have a habit of tolerating mediocrity, hence only one premiership in decades.

The_President
Club Player

Richo was on MMM this morning.
Safe to say Paddy will play this week

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Thinking it will be hickey out with Lonie (hickey rested)
Homes and Fisher in. Will be surprised if its anything else
Agree Hickey must be carrying something for Holmes to be upgraded. At least we know we will win the hit out he just needs to get involved around the ground. Goes to show how poorly Longer is travelling a real fall from grace.

The other outs should be Lonie & Acres, replaced by Templeton & McKenzie.

I believe Dunstan needs a rest as well, but there is no worthy replacement.