Fremantle Round 10

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Fremantle Round 10

Hope they bring in Lewis Pierce this week for a run to give Hickey a chop out.

I don't like seeing paddy in the ruck.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Dawson cleared
Good. Paddy can give him a bath

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Superboot wrote:
freely wrote:
Superboot wrote:Games like this are always a huge worry. If you accept the simple premise that Freo have to win some time, it follows that the longer they go on losing the more likely they are to win the next game.
Except happily this is mathematically very wrong. Like thinking if you've tossed a coin and it's come up heads 9 times, the 10th time it's more likely to be tails. Er - no. Unless you've got a dodgy coin, the odds of tails are 50:50 exactly the same as they were the first time.

And hopefully our odds against Freo'll be a bit better than that!
Yes, you're probably right, except that the coin isn't trying to achieve a particular outcome, and consecutive footy games aren't really independent events :)
:D

You're right! I'm forgetting that Rossy is almost certain to be a very dodgy coin!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I suspect no changes. Like to see Sinclair/Acres in but the guys they'd likely replace weren't that bad

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:Hope they bring in Lewis Pierce this week for a run to give Hickey a chop out.

We just couldn't carry all of Riewoldt, Bruce, McCartin, Membrey, Hickey and Pierce in the same team. Hickey and Pierce would have to spend a lot of time up forward and that forward line would be way too slow and lumbering. If a ruck comes in I think it's with Hickey going out.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Freo are tanking for pick 1. They will offload that to Melb for Hogan. They will then get the forward from GWS boy cheaply. I believe that is their plan.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

MC Gusto wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:I'm not expecting this will be easy, they did play in the Grand Final last year. They can't be that bad.

We shouldn't get too confident.

Went out in straight sets last year
They beat Sydney then lost to Hawthorn.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:Freo are tanking for pick 1. They will offload that to Melb for Hogan. They will then get the forward from GWS boy cheaply. I believe that is their plan.
You think that is their plan or you know that is their plan? Hogan is at Melbourne until the end of 2017. I don't think you can on trade a number 1 pick, unless Melbourne releases him from his final year of his contract which I doubt they will do. Freo will have to battle with West Coast for McCarthy

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Of all the games this season, this is the one I want to win the most . Win by 1 or by 100, just win. I refuse that we be the team that gets them on the board.

As for them tanking we will see the week after if they beat the bombers who have a terrible % and would be lucky to win 1 more game.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I we are serious about improving there is simply no excuse to lose this game.

Freo are out of form, are missing many of their best and only have one genuine tall defender available who has any experience.

Whereas we are at home with a full list to choose from apart from Freeman and Carlisle. The worst we have are niggles.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 25 May 2016 3:00am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:Freo are tanking for pick 1. They will offload that to Melb for Hogan. They will then get the forward from GWS boy cheaply. I believe that is their plan.
You think that is their plan or you know that is their plan? Hogan is at Melbourne until the end of 2017. I don't think you can on trade a number 1 pick, unless Melbourne releases him from his final year of his contract which I doubt they will do. Freo will have to battle with West Coast for McCarthy
WCE don't need McCarthy. If they are interested it's only to raise the price up for freo to pay.
Pick 1 this year for Hogan is better than nothing or a pick higher in the draft the following year. That's if he gives melbourne the dilemma of wanting to go home.

The_President
Club Player

That's only if "the forward from GWS boy" can get off the gear

the dome
Club Player

Prefer a win over Carlton

Griggsy I appreciate the desire to get one over Rossi but from my own sentimental preference I always really enjoy a win over Carlton and for two young teams on the up it would be very pleasant indeed. Mind you beating Collingwood is causing me to re-examine the carlton hang-up.
In any case all the best of luck against the dockers & Rossi this weekend. :D

The_President
Club Player

Let's just hope that Templeton doesn't find his way back in the side any time soon

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:I we are serious about improving there is simply no excuse to lose this game.

Freo are out of form, are missing many of their best and only have one genuine tall defender available who has any experience.

Whereas we are at home with a full list to choose from apart from Freeman and Carlisle. The worst we have are niggles.
Yep, I agree. They should really put Fremantle to the sword on Saturday. Just roll on from the second half of the Essendon match. Saints by 63.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Barlow is a confirmed starter by the super coach. Hill and Mundy listed as test.

Saints have zero injuries. Quite amazing really.

Dont want to get too ahead of ourselves but is this the game we rest anybody with a niggle? Hickey could probably use a rest and maybe Billings if his ankle still tender. No Sandy this week so could see a few fringe players get a run. Perfect time to do it without being too cute. 40-60 point win on the cards.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

stkfc1 wrote:Dont want to get too ahead of ourselves but is this the game we rest anybody with a niggle? Hickey could probably use a rest and maybe Billings if his ankle still tender. No Sandy this week so could see a few fringe players get a run. Perfect time to do it without being too cute. 40-60 point win on the cards.
I would include Armo there, concussion two weeks in a row, should be enough for a rest

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

The_President wrote:Let's just hope that Templeton doesn't find his way back in the side any time soon
because you are a good judge???!!!

as I said elsewhere Paul Hudson stated this week that Eli is an AFL player playing VFL footy

but thanks for your input Pres

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:Hope they bring in Lewis Pierce this week for a run to give Hickey a chop out.

The situation that had Paddy contest one ruck contest will occur from time to time regardless of how many ruckman we play.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I loved watching Membrey, Bruce and Paddy all play together. It allowed Rooey to float across the middle of the ground and do what he pleased. I felt they got better and better as the last week's match went on. Keep it rolling for this week. Billings and Gresh ferreting about up there as well... Could very well become a very classy forward line.

Rosco
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

The situation that had Paddy contest one ruck contest will occur from time to time regardless of how many ruckman we play.
it was hardly a ruck contest, paddy just went through the motions. we could've rucked mckenzie for all it mattered, they couldn't get a clearance if their life depended on it.

Rosco
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote:I loved watching Membrey, Bruce and Paddy all play together. It allowed Rooey to float across the middle of the ground and do what he pleased. I felt they got better and better as the last week's match went on. Keep it rolling for this week. Billings and Gresh ferreting about up there as well... Could very well become a very classy forward line.
BJ let rooey do as he pleased. was not a great strategy for a team getting killed on the clearances, roo just sat on the square waiting for the clearing handball.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Rosco wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:I loved watching Membrey, Bruce and Paddy all play together. It allowed Rooey to float across the middle of the ground and do what he pleased. I felt they got better and better as the last week's match went on. Keep it rolling for this week. Billings and Gresh ferreting about up there as well... Could very well become a very classy forward line.
BJ let rooey do as he pleased. was not a great strategy for a team getting killed on the clearances, roo just sat on the square waiting for the clearing handball.
Yeah, it was a nice gentlemen's agreement between the 2 old chums. With Paddy, Bruce and Membrey now all taking talls, who from Fremantle's midfield will be able to run with Rooey and compete with him in the air across the middle of the ground? He'll have 25 touches and take another 15 marks on the weekend. Might even sneak forward for a couple of snags just to top of a very nice Saturday evening for the big ROOOOO...

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Team against Freo :

Out - Hickey (rest - Crows in Adelaide next week) , for Pierce.
Out - Roberton - (not the full Robo last week), for Lee.
Out - Webster - (average only), for Murdoch.