We need to embrace New Zealand.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigballs
Club Player

Re: We need to embrace New Zealand.

Sorry to put a damper on all the NZ backers, but I have never been a fan of us playing in NZ and never will be, regardless of how things turn out.

Our game is a unique game that has always been played on Australian soil and that for me is how it should remain.....an Aussie game on Aussie soil.

I'd like to think that when we start to look like playing finals again, sponsors will be climbing over themselves to jump on board.

If we can get one or two serious sponsors throwing some serious $$$ at us, then the need for us to play in NZ will slowly fade away......wishful thinking I know with the sponsors, but anything is possible when you start becoming successful.

citywest

Bump
citywest wrote:Irrespective of whether we are able to achieve 10,000 kiwi based members or not it doesn't matter. All we can do is give it our best shot and see where it leads to. I'm hoping that we play 2 home games per year plus a NAB cup game. We also need to continue with our training camps and visiting schools as well.

I noticed on saints.com.au the players visited Eden Park http://www.saints.com.au/video/2014-12- ... -park-tour

I don't know if the ground can be re-configured for AFL but if it can we should definitely play 1 of our 2 home games there.

Auckland Population 2014

The 2014 population of 1.42 million in Auckland accounts for 32% of the country's population. The Auckland Council area has a larger population estimated at 1.53 million and it is part of the larger Auckland Region, which includes many rural towns and areas to the south, along with the islands of the Hauraki Gulf. The urban population density is 1,300 people per square kilometre, or 3,300 per square mile.

While 70% of the Auckland area is rural, 90% of Aucklanders live in urban areas.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Bump
citywest wrote:Irrespective of whether we are able to achieve 10,000 kiwi based members or not it doesn't matter. All we can do is give it our best shot and see where it leads to. I'm hoping that we play 2 home games per year plus a NAB cup game. We also need to continue with our training camps and visiting schools as well.

I noticed on saints.com.au the players visited Eden Park http://www.saints.com.au/video/2014-12- ... -park-tour

I don't know if the ground can be re-configured for AFL but if it can we should definitely play 1 of our 2 home games there.

Auckland Population 2014

The 2014 population of 1.42 million in Auckland accounts for 32% of the country's population. The Auckland Council area has a larger population estimated at 1.53 million and it is part of the larger Auckland Region, which includes many rural towns and areas to the south, along with the islands of the Hauraki Gulf. The urban population density is 1,300 people per square kilometre, or 3,300 per square mile.

While 70% of the Auckland area is rural, 90% of Aucklanders live in urban areas.

The kiwis will never support AFl or anything Australian.

They dont follow it and they dont like us very much.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

It wil be another disaster imho.

citywest

saynta wrote:

Auckland Population 2014

It seems I wasn't barking up the wrong tree Saynta!!!!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
saynta wrote:

Auckland Population 2014

It seems I wasn't barking up the wrong tree Sayta!!!!
Why is it you always seem to crawl out from under your rock after a loss. Hmmmmm... this has the word "TROLL" written all over it.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Input data: "city west is a troll"

Output data: "syntax error"

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:Input data: "city west is a troll"

Output data: "syntax error"

I miss the old Commodore 64 era commands...

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Why not Irvine, Scotland. Near Kilmarnock (a club which won it's last championshiop in 1964). This a place with a real St. Kilda heritage. I went there some time ago.
http://t2.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.net ... &mkt=en-us

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Kiwi potential deserves to be recognised. Why aren't they interested in our game? Because they are not beating us.

Imagine...the gws experiment took place in New Zealand. That team is now consistently winning and looking like playing finals...the prospect of a New Zealand based team WINNING the AFL Grand Final and BEATING AUSTRALIA...
Compare that to the raw emotion of west sydney. woot!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post