Anyone at the game see this?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone at the game see this?

Vic police just usually shoot people don't they?

mullet
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Vic police just usually shoot people don't they?
dumb comment

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
dumb comment
agreed

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry guys, but this story has legs and the media isn't telling the full picture..... Someone needs to find out how this bloke was allowed a Guest Pass to the Saints Changerooms, the bloke has done time, and is a repeat offender...... Rushy researches and find links to good and bad things! What interest did the Saints have in this bloke.... The child also has a serious medical condition (lung disease), which makes me wonder he the kid got "lost" in a faraway city in a major sports stadium....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-or ... 5094a33c15

A St Kilda footy fan is accused of putting a policeman in hospital after losing his son at last Saturday’s match at Etihad Stadium.

David Mark Dow, 41, of Warrnambool allegedly went ballistic after police questioned him about how he came to lose his son in the 17,000-strong crowd.

Mr Dow had been a special guest of the Saints at their clash with Fremantle, which included him being granted access into the change rooms after the game.

http://www.standard.net.au/story/744669 ... t-on-film/

Andrew Thomson
March 28, 2010, 10:34 a.m.

A DENNINGTON man who was filmed robbing a nearby house by a neighbour has been jailed for 12 months.

David Dow, 37, of Drummond Street, pleaded guilty in the Koori division of the Warrnambool Magistrates Court to two counts each of burglary and theft.

He was convicted and jailed for a year and will have to spend three months in prison before being eligible for parole. The offending also breached a suspended sentence that will be served concurrently with the new jail term.

At 10am on July 10, 2008, Dow broke into an unoccupied home near where he lived, took $7 in coins and climbed out a window but was filmed committing the crime by a neighbour.

http://www.standard.net.au/story/796898 ... on-stolen/

Clare Quirk
Nov. 30, 2011, 9:46 a.m.

A Warrnambool couple has made a heartfelt plea for the person who stole their 19-month-old son’s heart condition medicine to return it.

David Dow said his son, Malachi, was born with pulmonary hypertension and chronic lung disease and desperately needed his medication.

The medication, sildenafil, is sent from the Royal Children’s Hospital and delivered via Australia Post to their Ryan Court house. “Australia Post have said it was delivered at 2pm yesterday,” Mr Dow said.

Mr Dow said his son was born prematurely by emergency caesarian with pulmonary hypertension and is on oxygen for his lungs 24 hours a day. He spent seven months in the Royal Children’s Hospital before he was able to return home.

http://www.sjog.org.au/social_outreach/ ... lang=en-gb

A new artwork unveiled at Warrnambool’s Horizon House has brought an Indigenous perspective and positive influences to the home.

The painting by Warrnambool Indigenous artist David Dow shows how positive influences can reduce the negativity in people’s lives.

David Dow with his paintingHorizon House Warrnambool was the ninth St John of God Horizon House to be opened in April 2011, accommodating up to six young people at anyone time. The service provides long-term care in a nurturing, home-like environment, supporting young people with their education, training or employment.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Should send him back to where he came from!

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

IanRush wrote:Sorry guys, but this story has legs and the media isn't telling the full picture..... Someone needs to find out how this bloke was allowed a Guest Pass to the Saints Changerooms, the bloke has done time, and is a repeat offender...... Rushy researches and find links to good and bad things! What interest did the Saints have in this bloke.... The child also has a serious medical condition (lung disease), which makes me wonder he the kid got "lost" in a faraway city in a major sports stadium....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-or ... 5094a33c15

A St Kilda footy fan is accused of putting a policeman in hospital after losing his son at last Saturday’s match at Etihad Stadium.

David Mark Dow, 41, of Warrnambool allegedly went ballistic after police questioned him about how he came to lose his son in the 17,000-strong crowd.

Mr Dow had been a special guest of the Saints at their clash with Fremantle, which included him being granted access into the change rooms after the game.

http://www.standard.net.au/story/744669 ... t-on-film/

Andrew Thomson
March 28, 2010, 10:34 a.m.

A DENNINGTON man who was filmed robbing a nearby house by a neighbour has been jailed for 12 months.

David Dow, 37, of Drummond Street, pleaded guilty in the Koori division of the Warrnambool Magistrates Court to two counts each of burglary and theft.

He was convicted and jailed for a year and will have to spend three months in prison before being eligible for parole. The offending also breached a suspended sentence that will be served concurrently with the new jail term.

At 10am on July 10, 2008, Dow broke into an unoccupied home near where he lived, took $7 in coins and climbed out a window but was filmed committing the crime by a neighbour.

http://www.standard.net.au/story/796898 ... on-stolen/

Clare Quirk
Nov. 30, 2011, 9:46 a.m.

A Warrnambool couple has made a heartfelt plea for the person who stole their 19-month-old son’s heart condition medicine to return it.

David Dow said his son, Malachi, was born with pulmonary hypertension and chronic lung disease and desperately needed his medication.

The medication, sildenafil, is sent from the Royal Children’s Hospital and delivered via Australia Post to their Ryan Court house. “Australia Post have said it was delivered at 2pm yesterday,” Mr Dow said.

Mr Dow said his son was born prematurely by emergency caesarian with pulmonary hypertension and is on oxygen for his lungs 24 hours a day. He spent seven months in the Royal Children’s Hospital before he was able to return home.

http://www.sjog.org.au/social_outreach/ ... lang=en-gb

A new artwork unveiled at Warrnambool’s Horizon House has brought an Indigenous perspective and positive influences to the home.

The painting by Warrnambool Indigenous artist David Dow shows how positive influences can reduce the negativity in people’s lives.

David Dow with his paintingHorizon House Warrnambool was the ninth St John of God Horizon House to be opened in April 2011, accommodating up to six young people at anyone time. The service provides long-term care in a nurturing, home-like environment, supporting young people with their education, training or employment.
Are you kidding me, sounds like you are just a busy body that has too much time.

Someone needs to find out how he got a guest pass... really.. why?

It was indigenous round, the club might be doing something for his son, it might b because of his community work, any number of things, you are blowing it up as if it is a disgrace.

Obviously the situation with the boy getting lost was stressful for all...

What we should be questioning is why he gets a year for stealing $7!!!!

OP.. if you are trying to muck rake , go away

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

terry smith rules wrote:Are you kidding me, sounds like you are just a busy body that has too much time.

Someone needs to find out how he got a guest pass... really.. why?

It was indigenous round, the club might be doing something for his son, it might b because of his community work, any number of things, you are blowing it up as if it is a disgrace.

Obviously the situation with the boy getting lost was stressful for all...

What we should be questioning is why he gets a year for stealing $7!!!!

OP.. if you are trying to muck rake , go away

I am time poor these days actually... But I am good at basic research and finding links. The media have sold you a lemon and you bought it.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:I am time poor these days actually... But I am good at basic research and finding links. The media have sold you a lemon and you bought it.
I'm not sure how or how many of these guest passes are given out, but I really wouldn't have thought it would be standard practice to google or conduct police checks on prospective guest-pass candidates. Don't think the club is really worthy of criticism for this.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

mad saint guy wrote:
IanRush wrote:I am time poor these days actually... But I am good at basic research and finding links. The media have sold you a lemon and you bought it.
I'm not sure how or how many of these guest passes are given out, but I really wouldn't have thought it would be standard practice to google or conduct police checks on prospective guest-pass candidates. Don't think the club is really worthy of criticism for this.
sadly mate it is no different to the jake King/Toby Mithcell changeroom case for Richmond, the plan that day was for david Dow to be let in the St Kilda changerooms post-game, until his 'lost son who has lung cancer got lost upstairs incident'.

Someone at the Saints needs to at least respond as to what right this David Dow had to get Changeroom access.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

IanRush wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:
sadly mate it is no different to the jake King/Toby Mithcell changeroom case for Richmond, the plan that day was for david Dow to be let in the St Kilda changerooms post-game, until his 'lost son who has lung cancer got lost upstairs incident'.

Someone at the Saints needs to at least respond as to what right this David Dow had to get Changeroom access.
Seriously, if you can't see the difference there is not much hope. You seem to epitomise the idea of a "curtain twitcher".

Let's just say the club wanted to do something nice for an obviously sick boy , are you going to be the one that says "no" they can't go in because his dad stole $7 (so obviously an absolute crime king pin!!) . FFS go away with your petty minded opinion.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

terry smith rules wrote:
IanRush wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

Seriously, if you can't see the difference there is not much hope. You seem to epitomise the idea of a "curtain twitcher".

Let's just say the club wanted to do something nice for an obviously sick boy , are you going to be the one that says "no" they can't go in because his dad stole $7 (so obviously an absolute crime king pin!!) . FFS go away with your petty minded opinion.
I would bet my left arm that this David Dow has an extensive criminal record and wasn't jailed for stealing $7.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

IanRush wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
IanRush wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

I would bet my left arm that this David Dow has an extensive criminal record and wasn't jailed for stealing $7.
There is a photo of him on the story from the standard re his painting, the similarities with Toby Mitchell are ............. what? they have some ink

Lets just say he is an indigenous man trying to get on with his life and make it better for him and his family, are you going to say "no" the StKFC aren't going to have anything to do with you or your son because we don't believe in redemption.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I don't expect we would do police checks on those entering our change rooms.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:So will this imbecile get a life ban from all AFL games?

Why don't the cops have pepper spray or tazers to help them in extreme situations such as these??
a bloke gets upset about losing his kid and finding him half naked???
Then the traumatised kid has to witness his dad getting wrestled to the ground

Mr Dow’s lawyer argued his client was upset after losing his child and denied he used him as a shield.
“The boy threw himself into his arms,” he claimed.
He said Mr Dow snapped after police aggressively approached him about his son.
Magistrate Alan Spillane said it was likely Mr Dow was upset because he had lost a special-needs child under his care.

Your solution is pepper spray and tasers ...
Well, Pepper are a sponsor!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stonecold
SS Life Member

Another non footy post!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saynta
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
dumb comment
But true.

Don't stress, NSW police shoot people too.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-or ... 507c1fe037

"POLICE have confirmed four people were injured when officers opened fire on a man wielding a kitchen knife at Hornsby Westfield today.

Witnesses say police had pleaded with the man to drop the weapon before they opened fire in a shocking incident that left four people injured.'

And we won't talk about the Lindt Cafe in Martin Place.