St Kilda condemns Frawley's joke about Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda condemns Frawley's joke about Caroline Wilson

To the top wrote:Everyone has their opinions, of course.

And my opinion is that St Kilda are on the rise and will continue to rise.

In regards this subject, and the references to Cleary, he has his experiences in his life and they obviously impact on his presentations.

But, my response to Cleary and the publicity he craves on the issue of "Domestic Violence", raising his head as he does and most likely because the media "cheat sheet" lists him as a "go to" source of a headline, is to send him a copy of a Family Report attended by the Family Court of Australia and challenge him in regards his assertion (consequent on the murder of his sister) that it is exclusively men who are at fault.

And send him further correspondence I have confirming the making of false allegation (for which there appears no penalty).

As do many, many others joining the "politically correct" violent men band wagon on these issues (probably because they have never been impacted).

And they do damage to men, exclusively - not to perpetrators regardless.

Domestic Violence (including on children by acts and words) is NOT a single gender issue.

In regards the Union Cleary is referred to as associated with on this site, I have a son who is a member of that Union.

Firstly, a Union is a collective of people bonded by vocation.

The same as the myriad of Employer Associations (costing consumers what?) who represent their demographic and their political interests, significantly the Liberal Party.

So why can not workers in a vocation have a collective representation?

As a contract electrician, my son moves from site to site and from employer to employer contingent on the awarding of major Contacts.

So, ultimately, on project completion, he is retrenched then finding any work ahead of finding another employer who has a major Contract.

On Union sites, there is a redundancy agreement at project completion - and higher wages including in the final stages of a project when work is 24/7 so the Contractor can claim "efficiency bonuses" for completing the works early.

Then there is the OH&S requirements, almost exclusively ignored at non-Union sites and introducing site risks.

That there are obviously some in the Union movement who are "questionable" as to intent and practice is a given, because Unions reflect society as does business including "big" business (who gave us the GFC and why?).

The Law is there to deal with perpetrators (although big business seems to escape - including Turnbull, collecting his fee for selling FAI to HIH - and HIH then collapsing).

Society is multi faceted.

What "Brexit" has shown us (including the geographical demographics of that vote in England) is that "trickle down" economics and "the economy" have not served the population well except for those resident in London, the financial capital of Europe until now, and the population have voted accordingly because they read the headlines but they see no dividend in their lives.

There are lessons to be learnt.

Employment growth being exclusively casual and part time, the consequent under employment in society, youth unemployment and flat to recessionary wages growth - aligned to who the beneficiaries of tax cuts will be.

It is not the "fall out" of "Brexit", it is the reasons for that vote that need to be addressed.

"We are best at handling the fall out"

Well, no actually because it should be "We are the ones who will learn the lessons and identify the reasons, and we will address the reasons"

So single issues such as Cleary's and "violence against women and their children" are not representative because society is wider than that.

The real danger in this matter is not Wilson.

It is "branding" and that "branding" being applied to males exclusively.

The "branding" should be perpetrators.

Full stop.

No matter the issue.

Ain't that the truth.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-amer ... ea19d22501

"NEW details have been made public about what Angelika Graswald allegedly did on the day her fiance disappeared in New York’s freezing Hudson River.

At a pre-trial hearing on Monday, a New York court heard Latvian-born Graswald, who is 36, not only allegedly sabotaged the kayak her husband-to-be was travelling in but made sure he had no means of staying afloat.

Vincent Viafore, 46, went missing in the choppy, icy waters north of Manhattan on April 19, 2015. He was paddling with Graswald when his kayak started to sink.

Graswald made a confession to detectives last year that she “wanted to be free”.

An investigator told the hearing in Goshen that Graswald admitted she “kind of reached over and took his paddle from him” while he begged her to call 911."

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

I think people are missing the point .................

With Garry Lyon 'sacked' from the Footy Show for having an affair with Brownless' wife................. Channel 9 replaced Garry with Rebecca Maddern, who herself, back in late 2009/early 2010, stole fellow Channel 7 journo Rahni Sadler's hubby off her...... the clues start here if you don't believe me..........http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... adler.html

What the above tells me is that the appointment of Maddern to host the Footy Show is suss, in the sense that, Channel 9 sacked Lyon for having an affair, yet Channel 9 appointed a Journalist who did the same thing at Channel 7 a few years back (i.e. by having an affair with a staffer's partner)! Bec Maddern's first husband James Wilson is heavily involved in the Geelong Real Estate Trade, which, for those following the fantastic Mark Thompson/Justin Madden/Armstrong Creek Property/Land Rezoning deal, know how much I adore the Geelong Real Estate market....................

This Caro/Eddie thing, and the Garry Lyon/Bec Maddern thing (along with the way too much media coverage of the AFL women's league), is about the AFL infiltrating into 'social engineering',. such as 'feminism'.............. It is either that, or the feminist movement has infiltrated the AFL executive level at some stage.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

OMG - you mean women commit crimes too? Who knew?!

However "more than 80 per cent of murders, robbery and unlawful entry in Australia are committed by men, and more than 90 per cent of sexual assaults too." Check it out -
http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf ... enDocument

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

freely wrote:OMG - you mean women commit crimes too? Who knew?!

However "more than 80 per cent of murders, robbery and unlawful entry in Australia are committed by men, and more than 90 per cent of sexual assaults too." Check it out -

Hey..sshhhhhhhhhhhhsssssshhhhhh.... don't want the likes Clementine Ford and Germaine Greer to post on here! : )

The pressure is on to equalise the Family Act 1975 and the Family Law Court, as it it only seems Australia is the place where it is a financial risk to a man to get married......

1975, on the outer edge of the original feminism movement I guess.................................

But the current 'feminism' movement has some vulgarity to it, I must admit, Australia really needs to address how it views "male-female social interaction", as at the moment, it is warped.

Look at how Paul Hogan did TV comedy in the 1970s, imagine trying to pull that off now!

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote:OMG - you mean women commit crimes too? Who knew?!

Don't stress, they are catching up. Quickly.

To the top
SS Life Member

Just an observation on the Family Court of Australia comment.

In the first instance, the legal advice from a close friend also prominent in legal circles was "This is a very difficult jurisdiction for father's But that is not to say father's can not obtain the principal parenting Orders. What you will need is exceptional legal representation and the commitment of that practitioner to this application".

From there what I have always said is that if the referred gender in the Family Report prepared by the Court (ie references to "Mother" and "Father") were reversed then I would not have been the recipient of the responsibilities The Family Court of Australia ultimately charged me with - and, indeed, I would not have attempted to present that the principal parenting responsibility should be with me because I would not have deserved to be in any way considered appropriate in regards the discharge of those responsibilities.

I may well have faced criminal prosecutions such was the description of incidents by the children.

But the matter continued in the Court for nearly 2 years - and for nearly one year after the Family Report was released to the parties and sworn into evidence.

That is where the bias is in my opinion.

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: St Kilda condemns Frawley's joke and tabout Caroline Wi

I note that at "The Age" online this morning there is an article by one of their football reporters, Quade, devoted to a series of Ultra Tune advertisements (which I have not seen) and the depicting of young women.

This is hypocritical nonsense given there is no reference to the very, very great majority of men impinged upon by the actions of a few AND including by the presentation that exclusively women and their children are the victims of "domestic violence" - which they are not - and the journalist should be held to account as should Fairfax.

Simply, the base of humour is exaggeration of life - including self effacing comment.

Would the same article be attended if the subject was young men - which it most often is?

Where does Fawlty Towers sit with its depiction of Basil as a blundering fool of the first order as the subject of the humour of that icon series?

The article by the too precious Quade is insular, sexist and hypocritical.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: St Kilda condemns Frawley's joke and tabout Caroline Wi

To the top wrote:I note that at "The Age" online this morning there is an article by one of their football reporters, Quade, devoted to a series of Ultra Tune advertisements (which I have not seen) and the depicting of young women.

This is hypocritical nonsense given there is no reference to the very, very great majority of men impinged upon by the actions of a few AND including by the presentation that exclusively women and their children are the victims of "domestic violence" - which they are not - and the journalist should be held to account as should Fairfax.

Simply, the base of humour is exaggeration of life - including self effacing comment.

Would the same article be attended if the subject was young men - which it most often is?

Where does Fawlty Towers sit with its depiction of Basil as a blundering fool of the first order as the subject of the humour of that icon series?

The article by the too precious Quade is insular, sexist and hypocritical.
You posted a comment there too........

Funny, I read the article and the comments, and yet none who were outraged seem to have encountered the diet coke guy, or the diet yoghurt adds with girls ogling the guy at the pool, or the relentless stream of home product and insurance ads with the power-dressing CEO supermum saving the family from the ineffectual bumbling of the idiotic father, while they all roll their eyes at poor stupid dad. Maybe they all missed the series of ads for panty-liners depicting idiot boyfriends dressing up in them as a costume or whatever other ridiculous crap they could come up with.
They certainly didn't seem to care about the recent TV talent show (don't know which one, I don't watch them) think it was channel 9 (don't quote me), where a troupe of male strippers was considered acceptable prime time family entertainment !! Apparently sexualisation and objectification only count if the objectified are women.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Good article. He has a valid point.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinio ... fd901ad80a

"Back to White Ribbon. I get that the charity wants all men to “own” the problem of domestic violence. Fine. If I see a man hitting a woman — or indeed a woman bashing a man (which does happen) — I’ll intervene to stop the assault. Most decent people of either gender would do the same.

What I will not do, however, is take general responsibility for a violent minority whose members can’t control themselves. Just because I possess male genitals doesn’t implicate me in their problems.

Similarly, the Apex gang’s existence doesn’t make it acceptable to denigrate all Africans.

A few bad police apples need not spoil the entire law enforcement bunch.

And dodgy political expense claims shouldn’t make us distrust Canberra

entirely (although they don’t help).

Most men are honourable people who do their best to get ahead. To blame, as White Ribbon did, the entire male gender for domestic violence is both insulting and wrong. This position will cost the charity considerable support.

How can it make sense to denigrate the entire male half of the population?"

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Bump.....this exactly.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... hysterical

Steve Price come on down. He has no idea that he is part of the problem just like Newman, Brayshaw, Maguire et al.