Kicking at goal...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tommykit

Kicking at goal...

When you get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars each year you should be able to kick the freaking thing! I am normally a pretty positive supporter but I find it hard to find any positives when the kicking is this bad with no wind! I can handle a loss, no worries but I cant handle when we lay down and serve this up. I hope they prove me wrong and come out in the last and show some fight but geeze.

5 goals 13 at 3qt time is a joke

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kicking at goal...

We have been notoriously pathetic away from Etihad since 2003

Part of it
Lack of skill
Lack of mental strength
Can't handle conditions

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt 0.5 yet has the nerve to berate and abuse every single player if they dont pass to him in the pocket.

older saint
SS Life Member

4 goals 15 in second half. around 25% success rate at shots on goal. Probably shows the lack of mental toughness or fragility of the group when away from Melbourne

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

That was the worst kicking for goal (a lot of set shots in close) I have seen in my memory. Both teams were appalling.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Gold Coast should have won by 15 goals

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stkfc1
Club Player

Id be adding F50 entries to our problems as well. Midfield and forwards are totally out of sync. Our forwards press up, the ball gets kicked deep to defenders, our forwards go back and they get a shallow entry which again gets picked off.Young forward line also so maybe they're not reading the play right. but this is a huge problem which we need to fix pronto.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Fundamentally, it's a skill. With video equipment, kicking coaches and available time to practice, you would think that our kicking would far better. However, in games, the mental factor/confidence level has a great influence on the kick.

It's something that our coaching staff need to work much harder on.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dont forget Con

He has actually kicked 600+

Has been our most courageous, hardest working, most talented player and best leader for over a dozen years... who has got the job done countless times.

So whilst he was pathetic in an area yesterday

have a bit of respect

Btw
He is in a position (earned) that he can berate any player. It comes with being a leader and a legend. Can't handle it, take up another less brutal, less demanding occupation.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Dont forget Con

Has been our most courageous, hardest working, most talented player and best leader for over a dozen years... who has got the job done countless times.

have a bit of respect

Btw
He is in a position (earned) that he can berate any player. It comes with being a leader and a legend. Can't handle it, take up another less brutal, less demanding occupation.
No doubting he is a freak. Top 3 Saints to ever play the game.
I am just saying it is ok to beate players for doing the wrong thing, not following team rules, not doing the right thing etc but it needs to be constructive. Not just berating them simply for not passing to him.
Just like a surgeon shouldnt be berating the nurses. Even if you are top dog - the abuse needs to be of a constructive nature.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
BigMart wrote:Dont forget Con

have a bit of respect

Btw
No doubting he is a freak. Top 3 Saints to ever play the game.
I am just saying it is ok to beate players for doing the wrong thing, not following team rules, not doing the right thing etc but it needs to be constructive. Not just berating them simply for not passing to him.
Just like a surgeon shouldnt be berating the nurses. Even if you are top dog - the abuse needs to be of a constructive nature.
:lol: The abuse needs to be constructive? I don't think the two go together too well. Now constructive criticism is another thing, altogether.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!