Match thread v Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match thread v Blues

Blues look flat but we r playing good footy moving the ball well every player getting involved membrey looking like bargain of the century

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Love hearing the Gilbo knockers trying to justify themselves..I have a chuckle at some of my fellow supporters. :D
You're laughing at an argument that you made up to justify you're POV... The only forumite that I can remember actually wanting someone to fail is Saynta with Lee. I can seen reasoning with you will be a fruitless endeavour today.

I'm glad both Gilbo and the team is playing well, and will try and enjoy the positivity

George27
Club Player

I am second row, wing, top deck ,which is a great spot from which to watch the play unfold. Up here it is clear that Gresham will be a star. He makes the right choice just about every time. He finds space in traffic. He executes well. Gun. I am not telling you anything new, but gee he is good to watch, not yet 19.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

14 touches for Gresham at half time....could be 30+ match for him and raise him to the next level as midfielder

Membrey....what a find, keeps kicking and assisting goals....hardest part of the game

Nee!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

commentators on Fox continually bagging Carltons play , saying stuff like they are allowing us to stroll through the middle...our boys are playing bloody good atm. I really like the intensity they have brought to the game today. Am still concerned with Josh..if he could lead like Membrey we would have a massive forward setup especially when we get back Paddy.

Gilbo and geary have been awesome in defence but I guess we have always known that's what they are capable of, good thing some of our fellow supporters aren't on the selection committee :D

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:For some on here Gilbert just needs to play one average game every five and four poor ones and they act like he is a star when he plays the average one.

Meanwhile B Acres has 11 touches already.

The same people that think Gilbert is a star wanted to send Acres back to Perth as a 19 year old and said he was no good.

Joke.
Can you name those people Con?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:For some on here Gilbert just needs to play one average game every five and four poor ones and they act like he is a star when he plays the average one.

Meanwhile B Acres has 11 touches already.

The same people that think Gilbert is a star wanted to send Acres back to Perth as a 19 year old and said he was no good.

Joke.
Can you name those people Con?
I'm sure if Firey produced the posts where ppl want Gilbert to fail Con could equally deliver

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Love hearing the Gilbo knockers trying to justify themselves..I have a chuckle at some of my fellow supporters. :D
You're laughing at an argument that you made up to justify you're POV... The only forumite that I can remember actually wanting someone to fail is Saynta with Lee. I can seen reasoning with you will be a fruitless endeavour today.

I'm glad both Gilbo and the team is playing well, and will try and enjoy the positivity
ok then why did you bother to respond ? Did I make up that we have Gilbo knockers ? :D Are they being positive about Gilbo now ?

I will definitely enjoy the game and remain positive.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Geeez 40 odd points up and not a single highlight of the Saints on the AFL app... All we have so far is Bruce's miss

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Edited as I completely misread the stats
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 07 Aug 2016 4:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
skeptic wrote:

ok then why did you bother to respond ? Did I make up that we have Gilbo knockers ? :D Are they being positive about Gilbo now ?

I take exception to your post that ppl want Gilbo to fail. That is not and has never been the case and both Con and I were full of praise for Sam in the game against Geelong esp when he made that late spoil but whatever. As far as this game goes, I'm not watching so I'm only really going off the stats but I did say he was playing well.

Enjoy your imaginary argument and good job keep the thread positive

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

GOBrucey! 2 today and tipping he'll kick 5

Nee!
Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Carlton are just VFL standard today, if we are any good at all we need to win this by 100+ points. Haven't smashed a team at all this year

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

23 to 84

Nice

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:23 to 84

Nice
It's nice to rub somebody into the dirt every once in a while... Hope we get tripe digits

stjohnc
Club Player

We deserved to give up those last few goals esp the last. Stuffing around with it.

saintbob
SS Life Member

That last goal was a direct result of Montagna coughing up the ball, not once but twice!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Go Saints...taking the foot off the pedal near the end of that quarter.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Our pressure has been spectacular . Just got lazy with our disposal in the 2nd half of the 3rd. Bury these flogs

Bring back the Lockett era
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
skeptic wrote:

I take exception to your post that ppl want Gilbo to fail. That is not and has never been the case and both Con and I were full of praise for Sam in the game against Geelong esp when he made that late spoil but whatever. As far as this game goes, I'm not watching so I'm only really going off the stats but I did say he was playing well.

Enjoy your imaginary argument and good job keep the thread positive
Take exception to what you like, was just getting sick of all the posts wanting to see Gilbo dropped when he was clearly the better option to select. Anyway won't allow the negative posters to stop me enjoying this game :)

spert
Saintsational Legend

Good work Saints, but Carlton are bloody hopeless. Fisher looks like he is on his last legs and DMac should be there instead. Gresham looks like he has been playing top level for years. We definitely took the foot off the accelerator in the second half of that quarter and didn't attack the loose ball hard enough. Good signs but reckon we need another class player in the midfield.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan hurt

#1 Ryder fan
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Dunstan doesn't look good. Arm? Shoulder again? Think he's in serious doubt for next week.

Always loyal
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Popped a shoulder by the looks

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Acres goal

#1 Ryder fan