Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Playon
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down

Myron Gaines wrote:
Playon wrote:
The_President wrote:Who is Laverde?
Bombers player
http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... en-LAVERDE

Supposed to be meeting with him today or was it tomorrow..
Where'd you hear that?
I heard it from Bomberblitz. the latest one from there comes from twitter

Diane trask @mcva10
Whisper Jobe to play. Laverde offered similar deal to Langford parents told Connors to sign not happy with him

Diane trask amongst other things is a relative of Roger Merrett
Last edited by Playon on Mon 12 Sep 2016 5:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Jobe hired a personal training so it is pretty obvious he is keen to play. Otherwise why bother. He just wants to feel loved and for the club to give him a cuddle. "Please play Jobe." I imaging he is also waiting to see how much Woosha loves him before re-committing. Once he gets a few cuddles from Woosha he will be back.

I think Connors is just playing his usual game$. Laverde will not be leaving Bombers.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The 'will Jobe play?' thing has got to be biggest 'meh' story in the history of football.

I honestly can't see the relevance.

He's done. The list is done. Why are they worried, and subsequently trying to tell everyone else we should be worried, whether he plays or not?

Playon
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:The 'will Jobe play?' thing has got to be biggest 'meh' story in the history of football.

He's done. The list is done. Why are they worried, and subsequently trying to tell everyone else we should be worried, whether he plays or not?
You're right the Jobe comment is meh, But I'm not about to edit tweets to my liking.
The second part is of interest as were supposed to of offered Laverde a 400k contract. Twice that of what he's been offered by the Bombers

The_President
Club Player

Playon wrote:
Myron Gaines wrote:
Playon wrote:
The_President wrote:Who is Laverde?
Bombers player
http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... en-LAVERDE

Supposed to be meeting with him today or was it tomorrow..
Where'd you hear that?
I heard it from Bomberblitz. the latest one from there comes from twitter

Diane trask @mcva10
Whisper Jobe to play. Laverde offered similar deal to Langford parents told Connors to sign not happy with him

Diane trask amongst other things is a relative of Roger Merrett
getting your info from Bomberblitz?

Sounds promising.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

re: families being reunited -- was Dal Santo discussed in this thread? It's not outside the realm of possibilities. The Dal Santos reunite with the Riewoldts, etc.. :wink:
Last edited by samoht on Mon 12 Sep 2016 6:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:The 'will Jobe play?' thing has got to be biggest 'meh' story in the history of football.

You're right the Jobe comment is meh, But I'm not about to edit tweets to my liking.
The second part is of interest as were supposed to of offered Laverde a 400k contract. Twice that of what he's been offered by the Bombers
Not an intended knock on your post. Just an overall comment.

As for your post though, who are the parents not happy with? And who has offered him a contract?

Playon
Club Player

Take it as you please, were not the only board that has ITK's
Last edited by Playon on Mon 12 Sep 2016 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

ace wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:I tell you what. If the Gold Coast only offered O'Meara a 2 year deal, it means they consider him a significant risk. Stay away Saints.
A two year deal :roll: - enough to say to the fans we wanted him to stay but enough to tell the star player we want you to leave. :twisted:

Agreed, the Suns don't have confidence in his permanent recovery.
Wasn't the case two weeks ago

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:

If we have offered him double then that is interesting. Double is a lot.... That would give him something to think about...

Playon
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
Playon wrote:

Not an intended knock on your post. Just an overall comment.

As for your post though, who are the parents not happy with? And who has offered him a contract?
Well in other rumors were supposed to of offered Laverde a 400k contract, I've read this so many times I don't remember where it originally came from. Most likely media driven.

Bombers have been reported to of only offered him 200k or there abouts.

The parents mentioned in the tweet are avid Bombers supporters and supposed to of told Jayden Laverde to resign with the Bombers and they're not happy with Connors. Perhaps they feel Connors is stuffing them around or perhaps they feel he'll end up doing better at the Bombers ( I dont have that info)

Playon
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Playon wrote:

If we have offered him double then that is interesting. Double is a lot.... That would give him something to think about...
I'd imagine they're feeling a little squeeze on salary cap with JOM in their sights

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Essendon's salary cap is the elephant in the room.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

The kid must learn that ....la (hierba es más) verde en el otro lado.

felix
Club Player

samoht wrote:re: families being reunited -- was Dal Santo discussed in this thread? It's not outside the realm of possibilities. The Dal Santos reunite with the Riewoldts, etc.. :wink:
Only in the retirement home I hope. We don't need Dal Santo .

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:
samoht wrote:re: families being reunited -- was Dal Santo discussed in this thread? It's not outside the realm of possibilities. The Dal Santos reunite with the Riewoldts, etc.. :wink:
Only in the retirement home I hope. We don't need Dal Santo .
Isnt Dal Santo related to Bontempelli?
The club wouldnt even consider NDS for a second. No offence to him - he was an awesome Saint and one of my personal favourites. But he doesnt fit our list profile requirements and we arent a charity. He would suit some clubs however. I hope he gets one more year elsewhere.

Wombat15
Club Player

Heard we had a meeting with Marchbank today and that we are interested in Eric Mackenzie. can anyone fill in any more details as to these rumors?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Wombat15 wrote:Heard we had a meeting with Marchbank today and that we are interested in Eric Mackenzie. can anyone fill in any more details as to these rumors?

Both are discussed earlier in the thread.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Recruit
Club Player

its weller

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

According to the Ox (yes I know....) The Hawks are a lock for JOM and Mitchell.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Which would just be awesome.....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
supersaints
Club Player

Heard that myself but the Ox has about a fifty percent strike rate at best.
So much for free agency helping clubs like us on the rise. The chance of playing in a grand final is too attractive. That being said don't think we need to throw the kitchen sink at someone, not yet anyway.... We are doing exceptionally well in the recruiting department

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Heard that myself but the Ox has about a fifty percent strike rate at best.
So much for free agency helping clubs like us on the rise. The chance of playing in a grand final is too attractive. That being said don't think we need to throw the kitchen sink at someone, not yet anyway.... We are doing exceptionally well in the recruiting department
I suppose it is possible. PIck 15 this year for Mitchell probably gets it done. They also have pick 34 plus next years picks plus whatever they get for Hill.
They also have the option of sending Hartung and/or Whitecross (a Qlder) to GC as part of it.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

This is going to come as a rude shock to the adoring media - but Hawthorn are digging themselves a huge hole that they will wallow in for some time.

It always surprises me how seemingly intelligent people that report on football for a living, can be so short sighted and have such short memories about how the game works.

Football clubs do not have cultures.

Football clubs do not make decisions.

People within those clubs make decisions. And these people move on eventually.

Hawthorn are where they are, because they fluked getting a great coach - with some serious flaws, and got some perfect support around him. The stars aligned. It happens sometimes - but there's no science to it.

They also have one of the greatest leadership groups ever to play the game. Probably the best. Hodge, Mitchell, Roughead, Franklin, Lewis and others all came to the club at the same time and built a freak team. They've been so good at it, that they've managed to bring others in consistently and flourish.

Burgoyne, Hale, Gibson, Gunstan followed by Lake, McEvoy, Frawley etc.

This is not a Hawthorn thing. It's a people thing. The moment these leaders move on, s*** changes almost immediately. Board members move on, coaches move on, players move on. When this happens, the mythical 'club culture' goes with them.

New people in those roles, make new decisions.

If Hawthorn keep trading out draft picks for players, they're in serious strife in the medium-long term. Ditto Geelong. What Geelong did this pre-season will hurt for years in the medium-long term.

These clubs have fallen for their own publicity.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Al Paton ‏@al_superfooty 1m1 minute ago
Al Paton Retweeted Mark Robinson
Another win for equalisationAl Paton added,
Mark Robinson @Robbo_heraldsun
O'Meara has chosen ..... Hawthorn @superfooty
AFL Retweeted
Nick Bowen ‏@Nick_Bowen 3m3 minutes ago
As has long seemed the case, Jaeger O'Meara wants to get to Hawks. Medical team at Waverley a big selling point

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107