Channel 7 The Final Draw on now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Channel 7 The Final Draw on now

Sainternist wrote:
asaint wrote:Will they replay the doco?
You can watch a stream of it on youtube or here: https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/the-final ... p-special/
Thanks for posting this.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:There was a lot of emphasis on the difference in facilities. I always thought it had to make at least a few points difference.
Wasn't it a fascinating juxtaposition? The Filth with their state of the art resources with the newly built Lexus Centre and hired gun experts, compared to the very run down Moorabbin facilities and old school blue collar-style regime. This would had made it an even greater story if we had won.
SaintPav wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
asaint wrote:Will they replay the doco?
You can watch a stream of it on youtube or here: https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/the-final ... p-special/
Thanks for posting this.
My pleasure!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sunil_saint
Club Player

Oh how emotional was that . I ended up feeling really tense, stomach churning and I got myself a thundering headache. I was there that day with no voice left and it brought back all those feelings again. Still it wont deter me ..I am going to watch the WHOLE match again. As the players stated it IS now History. Something to be proud about (well for me at least)..I have watched the previous GF three times now and it makes me more passionate about this team
Agree with everyone Goddard and Lenny what courageous individuals . I will never again criticize BJ for leaving after seeing this and Lenny ..what a fine individual. I thought that he was superbly eloquent in his thoughts about the game . A wonderful team man (in fact this whole team was)....we really need to get him back to this club .
Collingwood supporters ..how utterly pathetic drowning out Nick at his speech ...in the same way (I was lucky to have front row seats for the replay) ....after the final siren and the C'wood songs we up , arrogant supporters, stormed to the front and stood in my seats (I am just a small Guy) couldn't do a thing about it. I wanted to stay beyond the end to cheer our boys off and couldn't see a bloody thing . My wife and I left disgusted .
Another thing that moronic clown (Brown.....IQ..??)why even have him on interview ?? Didn't contribute much ....I felt like throwing my G&T at the tv but refrained (quality gin !!)
I know many refused to watch this and I cannot blame them. As for me it has locked me into the Saints for ever more ...I leave this country in 2 years to retire ...hope like hell I can return for a possible ..NON DRAWN ...GF in about 3-5 years ...I really feel so Elated today . ..Keep the Faith people ..It will happen again ...

The Recruit
Club Player

Cannot watch this..2009-10 horrible memories.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

My hatred of that fwit Dimwit has intensified.

His swarmy grin when Roo and Maxwell told him its bullshyte and they both wanted extra time says it all.

And how farked up is it that only this year they finally got rid of the stupid GF draw concept.

Retards.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sunil_saint wrote:Oh how emotional was that . I ended up feeling really tense, stomach churning and I got myself a thundering headache. I was there that day with no voice left and it brought back all those feelings again. Still it wont deter me ..I am going to watch the WHOLE match again. As the players stated it IS now History. Something to be proud about (well for me at least)..I have watched the previous GF three times now and it makes me more passionate about this team
Agree with everyone Goddard and Lenny what courageous individuals . I will never again criticize BJ for leaving after seeing this and Lenny ..what a fine individual. I thought that he was superbly eloquent in his thoughts about the game . A wonderful team man (in fact this whole team was)....we really need to get him back to this club .
Collingwood supporters ..how utterly pathetic drowning out Nick at his speech ...in the same way (I was lucky to have front row seats for the replay) ....after the final siren and the C'wood songs we up , arrogant supporters, stormed to the front and stood in my seats (I am just a small Guy) couldn't do a thing about it. I wanted to stay beyond the end to cheer our boys off and couldn't see a bloody thing . My wife and I left disgusted .
Another thing that moronic clown (Brown.....IQ..??)why even have him on interview ?? Didn't contribute much ....I felt like throwing my G&T at the tv but refrained (quality gin !!)
I know many refused to watch this and I cannot blame them. As for me it has locked me into the Saints for ever more ...I leave this country in 2 years to retire ...hope like hell I can return for a possible ..NON DRAWN ...GF in about 3-5 years ...I really feel so Elated today . ..Keep the Faith people ..It will happen again ...
What a lovely post.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:My hatred of that fwit Dimwit has intensified.

His swarmy grin when Roo and Maxwell told him its bullshyte and they both wanted extra time says it all.

And how farked up is it that only this year they finally got rid of the stupid GF draw concept.

Retards.
Could they have changed the rules there and then?

Somehow I doubt it.

Sunil_saint
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
My hatred of that fwit Dimwit has intensified.

Whole Heartedly agree........So can someone tell me WHY its taken this long ...when all these years they tinker with the rules that end up going nowhere . I would have thought the first line of pressure would have come from The AFL coaches themselves . .......

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:

Retards.

Somehow I doubt it.
I doubt it also. But even if he could, Dimwit wouldn't. He wanted a draw. Money grubbing bastard he is!

Reality is that the GF draw/replay concept was archaic and should've been done away with decades ago. In reality it probably should've never existed. Neither should've replays of drawn finals matches. Remember it was a drawn final I think in 1990 when they the next season added extra time for finals EXCEPT the GF. Morons not to include the GF into the equation then and there.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Retards.

Somehow I doubt it.
I doubt it also. But even if he could, Dimwit wouldn't. He wanted a draw. Money grubbing bastard he is!

Reality is that the GF draw/replay concept was archaic and should've been done away with decades ago. In reality it probably should've never existed. Neither should've replays of drawn finals matches. Remember it was a drawn final I think in 1990 when they the next season added extra time for finals EXCEPT the GF. Morons not to include the GF into the equation then and there.
Now that they have finally got rid of the draw in a grand final (and previously in the other finals), it's time to get rid of it in every match so that everyone knows what's going to happen any time there is a draw.

I heard on the weekend that in the TAC games they don't blow the siren if its a draw at the end of normal time in the 4th qtr but keep playing until the next team scores (I may have heard that wrong though - maybe it was just finals or t the end of extra time).

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saint-stu
Club Player

Like others I have not been able to bring myself to watch any of the grand finals again even though I've been tempted given we played so well (particularly the draw). But I sucked it up and watched the documentary today to see what the great man, Lenny and others had say about it all. Well worth it, even if it was tough to sit through at times. It was really well made and I was surprised to hear the collingwood people admitting that there was a bit of injustice that our team was unable to win a flag in that period.

Lenny kicking a set shot from outside 50, which he's never usually capable of. BJs mark. Picturing Milney kick a goal from that dodgy bounce. What if!

Hopefully we're building a team that can go one better this time.

1ac46a38
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Hard to watch.

Collingwood guys were pretty magnanimous.

Thought Nettelfold spoke well and he's right, we're just getting over it now not that we will truly ever get over it.
Last edited by SaintPav on Wed 28 Sep 2016 7:19am, edited 1 time in total.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Sunil_saint wrote:Oh how emotional was that . I ended up feeling really tense, stomach churning and I got myself a thundering headache. I was there that day with no voice left and it brought back all those feelings again. Still it wont deter me ..I am going to watch the WHOLE match again. As the players stated it IS now History. Something to be proud about (well for me at least)..I have watched the previous GF three times now and it makes me more passionate about this team
What a lovely post.
+1

Very uplifting post from Sunil Saint.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

I watch it. Not all of it just enough to feel proud of our boys for their great fightback. And I always weep when I see B.J's mark.

And the sight of poor old Kosi waving to gets Chip's attention as Chips boots that fateful kick forward where Maxwell marks. Kosi by himself for miles (you can see him iin the background in the footage of Maxwell's mark). No one is near him. No one.

He could run down and put us up by 11 points. Then we press forward again and again, scoring more goals as the momentum sweeps us.

I used to imagine this for months afterwards. Imagine what might have been

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

as a supporter ive replayed moments of that game over and over and for a little while afterwards it impacted for sure....
can you imagine being a player?

its just that shyte terrible feeling that between 05-10 somewhere in there somehow we had sides that monstered the comp and shouldve gotten 1 maybe 2 flags and we got zip.

“Yeah….nah””
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

I don't mind the drawn GF scenario. Don't forget, too, that the Saints got a huge windfall out of the replay -- more
than a normal GF.

Now I understand that with so many interstate teams it's no longer fair, but there's romance in a draw, as
evidenced by the existence of this documentary and an opera, for heaven's sake.

Would we really have won with an extra ten minutes? Who knows?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:I don't mind the drawn GF scenario. Don't forget, too, that the Saints got a huge windfall out of the replay -- more
than a normal GF.

Now I understand that with so many interstate teams it's no longer fair, but there's romance in a draw, as

Each to their own. But sorry you are wrong. There is no place for replays of Grand Finals in sport anywhere in the world.

This is professional sport, and no team prepares to replay a Final the following week. I agree who knows who would've won in extra time, but at least it's the same players, same day, same situation. The players from both sides immediately after the draw desperately wanted extra time remember. You start again a week later and the dynamics are totally different. Sure, the Pies could've been the ones psychologically spent for the replay not us and we would've won.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Retards.

Somehow I doubt it.

Now that they have finally got rid of the draw in a grand final (and previously in the other finals), it's time to get rid of it in every match so that everyone knows what's going to happen any time there is a draw.

I heard on the weekend that in the TAC games they don't blow the siren if its a draw at the end of normal time in the 4th qtr but keep playing until the next team scores (I may have heard that wrong though - maybe it was just finals or t the end of extra time).
Different issue entirely as you get two points for a draw and 4 for a win, so it's sorted out nicely on the ladder. In soccer they don't play extra time for a draw in the regular season. The chance of a draw is still about 1% so I don't see it as an issue during H&A as there is no need to replay the game.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I was musing yesterday that if you swapped the team performance on the day in each of 09 and 10 GFs we prolly win both. If that makes sense

The 2010 last qtr wouldve been enough for us to beat Geelong and the 09 class overall would've done the job v Pies. Just MO

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: I heard on the weekend that in the TAC games they don't blow the siren if its a draw at the end of normal time in the 4th qtr but keep playing until the next team scores (I may have heard that wrong though - maybe it was just finals or t the end of extra time).
they certainly do this in the Development League of the VFL

as I was confused last year when watching one of the finals and the game just kept going- with time unknown- till one team scored a point.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:I don't mind the drawn GF scenario. Don't forget, too, that the Saints got a huge windfall out of the replay -- more
than a normal GF.

shhh waltzing you cant play negative hypotheticals only positive result ones
it is amusing the ones that are screaming about extra time are usually the same people that scream about the AFL throwing history out & changing rules

Seeya
jaxons
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Hard to watch.

Thought Nettelfold spoke well and he's right, we're just getting over it now not that we will truly ever get over it.

Nettlefold embarrassed himself with the comment that after the draw 'we wouldn't do anything differently now' after withdrawing players from the club function after the draw, and then getting walloped the following week.
The second worse CEO in our club's history.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Nettlefold wrapped up in his tan/designer jeans..

I thought that was arrogant and dumb - basically suggesting that he would learn nothing from the drubbing we received
Would it have made the difference?
Probably not but but with hindsight based on the result you would do that differently surely...

“Yeah….nah””
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

Nettlefold embarrassed himself with the comment that after the draw 'we wouldn't do anything differently now' after withdrawing players from the club function after the draw, and then getting walloped the following week.
Agree. At least his idiotic comment confirmed what you said. Glad he is gone and never to return in an official capacity

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:

Heard the stories about him as well but I wasn't speaking about his management or leadership performance.

I was referring to one particular comment he made and thought he articulated what the club went through quite well. Perhaps I got carried away with the emotion of it all. For me personally, this was a rollocoaster that began in 2004.

Don't think going to the function would have made any difference at the end. Players were spent.

Anyway, Ross said the same thing and said he wouldn't do anything diffferently. That was much worse coming from him.