Team next week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

Re: Team next week?

IN: Roo, Armo( I think out of courtesy to Roo, they've tried to make out his recovery has been remarkable, just to deflect attention from the initial enormity of the reaction to a possible career ending injury when they knew pretty early it was probably only a one week injury - bone bruising pain responds very well to local anaesthetic)
Out: Steven (inj), Savage (omit)

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Con Gorozidis wrote:
samoht wrote:According to footywire ... Gilbert's efficiency was about the same as Pendlebury's last year... 78% to 79%.

Pendlebury is an excellent user of the ball, as we all know - he wins more possessions per game, of course - but he's a midfielder.
This is when I see red.
I am hapy for people to dfend Gilbo but then they go and do something absurd like compare him to a a gun player. Absurd. Here is the comparison

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... fopt2=2016
Oh, i had Gilbo rated with Ablett, Selwood and Sloane in terms of impact on the game
seeing as how he "tucks it under his arm and takes them on"
Not sure why he doesn't poll votes in every single game.
:o :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
saynta wrote:
spert wrote:
bigcarl wrote:I just don't get the Gilbo hate.

The guy's one of our top five players season after season and the coach obviously loves him (he keeps playing him).

Find another whipping boy.
Nobody "hates" Gilbert, we just don't reckon he is much good- would be great at Sandy.
Who's "we" spert.

I love the guy.
Nice bloke, but "we" is every Saints fan I know of with no exception- was OK back in 2010.
Well, you can count me out, and for the record, I don't know any saints fans who think like you.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
samoht wrote:According to footywire ... Gilbert's efficiency was about the same as Pendlebury's last year... 78% to 79%.

Pendlebury is an excellent user of the ball, as we all know - he wins more possessions per game, of course - but he's a midfielder.
This is when I see red.
I am hapy for people to dfend Gilbo but then they go and do something absurd like compare him to a a gun player. Absurd. Here is the comparison

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... fopt2=2016
Oh, i had Gilbo rated with Ablett, Selwood and Sloane in terms of impact on the game
seeing as how he "tucks it under his arm and takes them on"
Not sure why he doesn't poll votes in every single game.
:o :shock:
You're right, having the same disposal effecieny means nothing. It's not like these players play completely different roles compared to gilbert. I mean how good a defender would Pendlebury be? Wait, that happened last year didn't it? And he was terrible :lol: and had no defensive skills. Samoht was just pointing out that his disposal isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, he just makes the occasionally mistake

The Reason the coaches pick Gilbert each week is because he plays his role

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think