Gilligan must resign immediately also

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Gilligan must resign immediately also

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... xb8aj.html

OK so he may be a nicer bloke but like the stinking rotting corpse that Demetriou and Fitzpatrick have left the innards still remain in the form of McLaughlin.

He was Dimwit's 2IC and clearly a product of the regime.

So like your former boss and three others recently, please kindly piss off to somewhere else.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Gilligan must resign immediately also

He's a Saints man. Leave him be.

older saint
SS Life Member

Surely there is more to this than a couple employees ( executives) having affairs with a couple other employees ? Unlike the coward puncher who got sacked, which related directly to image and message to the public , this would be in house matter and i am sure no different to what happens at other big companies like BHP, CBA, NAB and many others. Don't get me wrong morally wrong but this wasn't public until they made it, unless it affected performance of their job? - like i said sure there is more to this ?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Sacking these guys was the best thing GM has done IMO. If the AFL wants to pull itself out of its yobbo, sexist past, then this sort of action is obligatory. People's sex lives are their own business up to the point at which there is a hint of exploitation, conflict of interest, and/or a risk of reputational damage to an organisation: this is now the case in most major business and governmental organisations.

So well done IMO.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... xb8aj.html

OK so he may be a nicer bloke but like the stinking rotting corpse that Demetriou and Fitzpatrick have left the innards still remain in the form of McLaughlin.

He was Dimwit's 2IC and clearly a product of the regime.

So like your former boss and three others recently, please kindly piss off to somewhere else.
Do you need someone new to hate?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
takeaway
Club Player

older saint wrote:Surely there is more to this than a couple employees ( executives) having affairs with a couple other employees ? Unlike the coward puncher who got sacked, which related directly to image and message to the public , this would be in house matter and i am sure no different to what happens at other big companies like BHP, CBA, NAB and many others. Don't get me wrong morally wrong but this wasn't public until they made it, unless it affected performance of their job? - like i said sure there is more to this ?
Agree. It is part of life and would go on in many companies, govt departments, etc. Must be more to it, otherwise what is the big deal? Private issue between the parties concerned.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote: He was Dimwit's 2IC and clearly a product of the regime.
I still think of Adrian Anderson as Diwmit's number 2, that puppet had a hand so far up his clacker, you could tickle his teeth....

I don't mind Gill, he comes across as much more a sports administrator than AD, who was just a weasel businessman.

These blokes getting a stiffy at work has nothing to do with Gill or his ability to do his job - Executives have been acting inappropriately with interns since the dawn of time, and it will continue long after we're all gone....

amusingname
Club Player

takeaway wrote:
older saint wrote:Surely there is more to this than a couple employees ( executives) having affairs with a couple other employees ? Unlike the coward puncher who got sacked, which related directly to image and message to the public , this would be in house matter and i am sure no different to what happens at other big companies like BHP, CBA, NAB and many others. Don't get me wrong morally wrong but this wasn't public until they made it, unless it affected performance of their job? - like i said sure there is more to this ?
Agree. It is part of life and would go on in many companies, govt departments, etc. Must be more to it, otherwise what is the big deal? Private issue between the parties concerned.

It is pretty much accepted (or expressly stated) in most big firms and companies that if you are a senior staff who gets involved with someone who you reports directly to you and it is revealed (publicly or internally), you are going to get the boot or 'part ways' with the organisation. Lethlean's position as one of the public driving forces behind AFLW makes it pretty much untenable to keep him on.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Wasn't he's TrouserSnake that raised it's head!!!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
saintspremiers wrote: He was Dimwit's 2IC and clearly a product of the regime.
I still think of Adrian Anderson as Diwmit's number 2, that puppet had a hand so far up his clacker, you could tickle his teeth....

I don't mind Gill, he comes across as much more a sports administrator than AD, who was just a weasel businessman.
I think Anderson was smart.
When he suddenly retired i thought hello something must have happened. But no it was for family and lifestyle.
Six months later the she ite hit the fan with essendope.
So around the time he jumped ship was when a couple of journos starting asking questions about the goings-on at bomberland.
He was smart enough to see the dark clouds on the horizon and got away with a clear reputation.

In red white and black from 73
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Not sure what the fuss is about. These are private matters amongst consenting adults.

Ridiculous, puritanical and extremely hypocritical.

James Hird.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone know the full facts?

supersaints
Club Player

Worked for Exxon Mobil for many years , in middle to senior management. Its about the embarrassment for the organization .. if you had sex at work ... instant dismissal for all parties, if you were having an affair with a co worker you were asked to finish it ( pun intended) or leave.
To me it looks as though there was at least perceived " pressure due to seniority" otherwise the young girls would also be on thier way .... this was the usual case
Seeing the girls ain't leaving the AFL are seriously worried about sexual harassment claims

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I don't get it. Why should he resign?

He seems to be doing a pretty good job, IMO. Probably one of the better AFL CEOs in our lifetime.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Does anyone know the full facts?

What's that got to do with anything?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Do the girls lose their jobs?

Have they been asked to resign?

Last time I checked it takes 2 to tango

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Do the girls lose their jobs?

Have they been asked to resign?

Last time I checked it takes 2 to tango
No, they were assigned to put them to the test. Looks like they failed the test.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:No, they were assigned to put them to the test. Looks like they failed the test.
So your saying the afl is hiring people to have intimate relationships with their employees? (ala wolf of wall street?)

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

What are you talking about?

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Losing 3 managers under dubious circumstances is a bit careless. AFL seems a bit incestuous with its recruitment. Not to suggest any of the parties are blood relatives. May explain the corporate smugness but. Fans? Why worry about what they want.

noddy04
Club Player

I heard over here that 1 of the females had resigned awhile ago and the other one is on leave

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I couldn't care less who is boning who. FFS. With all that's going on in the world...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Not sure what the fuss is about. These are private matters amongst consenting adults.
Ridiculous, puritanical and extremely hypocritical.
Yep makes the AFL look like a soft organisation. They should have stood by their men rather than crumbling weakly after a few dobbers went to the press. The other point is this: Shouldn't the women involved share some of the blame?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
Sainternist wrote:No, they were assigned to put them to the test. Looks like they failed the test.
So your saying the afl is hiring people to have intimate relationships with their employees? (ala wolf of wall street?)
Hahaha Jordan Belfort - eat your heart out!

supersaints
Club Player

I don't think Gilliam should resign because he is making the right noises

I'll re- iterate my point..... When your a major player ( and the AFL is on a Australian corporate level ) your image is everything ..and impacts the bottom line severely . It's not just what it does at the present , but its affects well into the future .

Stuff like this turns a lot of women against the league , they have the children and if you like it or not ....they have a lot of say if their sons play Aussie rules (particularly at Junior level) or if the kids attend games

In the year the AFL looking at women's equality , rights , teams, ending harassment etc etc , it's a very poor look

The only time the AFL acts is when they get caught out .... Have they ever come out and admitted anything ever , until social media or a journo or asks the questions??? .... It doesn't pay to embarrass yourself plenty of your employeees do it for you

It's not a corner shop .... mitagating the damage is the primary objective, it's not about moral codes or what adults do in private ,
It's about senior executives taking advantage of young female staff

Would not surprise me if the girl who left has a pending claim or a hush Money settlement , the one in leave likely stress leave pending the same, harassment can only cobme from a position of power... interested to hear the girls story.. but likely we never will

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!