VFL Rd 8 Sandringham Vs Werribee (replay link)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: VFL Rd 8 Sandringham Vs Werribee (replay link)

saintbrat wrote:link to a replay of the game
http://vfl.com.au/replay-sandringham-v-werribee/
Or direct from here:

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

thanks Enrico and saintspremiers
I really wanted to know about the wind
I saw ball movement along wings and then front and center so goals came a plenty 21.10
As goal kicking is a strange affliction at the saints i was intrigued that the ACCURACY shown by the twos was in any way affected by the wind.

Seeya
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
chico2001
Club Player

Why would you pick Armitage again ? His form in his AFL games this year has been very poor. Can you imagine the towelling up he will get against the Eagles if selected? No wonder supporters and others are turning away in droves. Throw him on the open market and see who wants him, that is always a good indicator of a players value.

SMS
Club Player

Armo NEVER AGAIN.

I dont care if he kicks 20 and has 70 possies. ITS VFL he is not AFL elite he was getting upto a grade but never made a grade in 2015. He is now hitting 30 and cooked. His decision-making in afl is woeful. Dunstan Ross Steele - 3 players ahead and younger. Great to see Goddard inbestsand Battle kick 4!! Also.Paton is going to be a 200 her.I can feel it.
We have a good list. Stick with the saints.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote: Mon 28 May 2018 10:20pm Armo NEVER AGAIN.

I dont care if he kicks 20 and has 70 possies. ITS VFL he is not AFL elite he was getting upto a grade but never made a grade in 2015. He is now hitting 30 and cooked. His decision-making in afl is woeful. Dunstan Ross Steele - 3 players ahead and younger. Great to see Goddard inbestsand Battle kick 4!! Also.Paton is going to be a 200 her.I can feel it.
Battle kicked 3 goals not 4. One was a gimme too as the player who had the kick had to leave the ground under the blood rule.

Kicked a behind too and one out of bounds.

Long way from a recall..

elizabethr
Club Player

Some cowardly attacks on a St Kilda life member in the person of David Armitage.
The same offenders are also willing to sacrifice what little integrity in selection tht exists under Richardson.
Summarises the cesspool that exists here.

nothing to say
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote: Mon 28 May 2018 10:58pm Some cowardly attacks on a St Kilda life member in the person of David Armitage.
The same offenders are also willing to sacrifice what little integrity in selection tht exists under Richardson.
At least nobody called him a grub.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
shrodes
SS Life Member

elizabethr wrote: Mon 28 May 2018 10:58pm Some cowardly attacks on a St Kilda life member in the person of David Armitage.
Then why bother rocking up here to post? It's pretty clear from your past posts that you are more than biased in the opposite direction to the point of being unable to see any flaw in Armo, and you are more than happy to berate other posters on here who disagree with you.
If he deserves a game, give him a game. If not, don't. It's quite simple.

elizabethr
Club Player

shrodes wrote: Mon 28 May 2018 11:24pm
Then why bother rocking up here to post? It's pretty clear from your past posts that you are more than biased in the opposite direction to the point of being unable to see any flaw in Armo, and you are more than happy to berate other posters on here who disagree with you.
If he deserves a game, give him a game. If not, don't. It's quite simple.
Exactly!

nothing to say
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote: Mon 28 May 2018 10:20pm Armo NEVER AGAIN.

So for one player it is VFL but for other players that doesn't count?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
silverhalo
Club Player

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Armo has been a great servant for the club but I personally would prefer not to see him in the seniors again because I think he's well and truly cooked based on what I've seen this year. He's never been quick and unfortunately, given that he's getting on, he's as slow as treacle now and the game has passed him by.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I watched the Sandy game today. Wasnt that impressed with Armo. 40 touches but a lot of turnovers and poor decisions making. Armo goes hard and gives a good effort but his decision making is rushed and his efforts are let down by his execution. Silly things like grubber handballs through a chance gap and sweeping handballs over 2 opponents to a player in a poor position when more practical options are available.

If he can string together some form over 3 or 4 weeks then he deserves to play in the 1's, just like everyone else but AR has already canned him as a midfielder.

Id rather give Connellan a go as a forward.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Draft no 5 that plays in the guts. He is a gun. 24 years old. Gets 30 touches every week and has good skills.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
elizabethr
Club Player

Armitage will outlast Richardson who is indecisive and has put his trust in fainthearts.

nothing to say
bigred
Saintsational Legend

That is actually quite amusing.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 8:31am

Whilst Auntie Lizzie is getting all upset about Dave, she forgets that many on here (including myself) recognise that Armo in the past has been a great Saints player. Probably in our Top 50 of all time in fact. But all things come to an end at some stage, and that appears to be the case here.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
elizabethr
Club Player

Respect your kind responses.

nothing to say
saynta
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 12:47am I watched the Sandy game today. Wasnt that impressed with Armo. 40 touches but a lot of turnovers and poor decisions making. Armo goes hard and gives a good effort but his decision making is rushed and his efforts are let down by his execution. Silly things like grubber handballs through a chance gap and sweeping handballs over 2 opponents to a player in a poor position when more practical options are available.

If he can string together some form over 3 or 4 weeks then he deserves to play in the 1's, just like everyone else but AR has already canned him as a midfielder.

Seems Aaron Hamill has a different opinion on how Dave played to you. I’ll go with Aaron’s assessment I think.

Oh and it’s not Richardson that is keeping him out of the midfield

elizabethr
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 10:27pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 12:47am I watched the Sandy game today. Wasnt that impressed with Armo. 40 touches but a lot of turnovers and poor decisions making. Armo goes hard and gives a good effort but his decision making is rushed and his efforts are let down by his execution. Silly things like grubber handballs through a chance gap and sweeping handballs over 2 opponents to a player in a poor position when more practical options are available.

Seems Aaron Hamill has a different opinion on how Dave played to you. I’ll go with Aaron’s assessment I think.

I can't get the link to play
What did big Aaron say regarding Armo ?

nothing to say
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Im not going to get into a slanging match with you but what else would Aaron say.

He has 12 years experience. He was playing VFL and is probably the best player on the field by a fair margin. I dont want to see him playing VFL. I'd like to see him racking up those numbers in the ones.

Watching your brother playing VFL is not pleasing! I really hope he can get elevated and do well in the St.kilda side.

Richo stated in a presser a few weeks ago that David isnt going to play in the midfield much and will need to go forward and play defensive football. That's what Im alluding too. Richo might not be the catalyst but he is the coach. If he wanted it changed he could change it.

Tell me this. Is he back now? Can we expect him.to produce his best this week after such a dominant display against a VFL team that hasnt won a game in four weeks. Would be happy if he could bring his leadership back to St.Kilda.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 9:57am
bigred wrote: Tue 29 May 2018 8:31am

Whilst Auntie Lizzie is getting all upset about Dave, she forgets that many on here (including myself) recognise that Armo in the past has been a great Saints player. Probably in our Top 50 of all time in fact. But all things come to an end at some stage, and that appears to be the case here.
Top 50 Saints of all time??? Surely you jest? He's played nearly as many reserves games as he has senior games. He's been a good servant and by all reports is a ripping guy, but let's not get carried away.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Required player.

Needs to reinvent himself a bit.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I just watched the first half of the Sandy game again.
Thought I might have been harsh.

Unfortunately not. 6 turnovers, 5 one metre handballs and only 1 kick actually went clean to a team mate. Oh and 3 bombs to a pack in the goal square. Not one clearance and he let his opponent get the ball while he waited to tackle. He played a possession game hut gained very little in terms of metres.

I have always been a fan. Have met him a few times and dont want to bag him. But his first 20 possessions were cheap and he did very little with them.

I stand by my opinion based on what I watched. If he gets a game I will be surprised.