Resign Richo - it’s the circuit breaker we all need

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Resign Richo - it’s the circuit breaker we all need

DWOODROW wrote: Sat 09 Jun 2018 11:47pm I don't understand why everyone just wants Richo to go. He does have a group of assistants that are helping him get flogged every week you know. Just because you see his face on the big screen doesn't mean he has the only say. I would be pretty sure he has help in this team being as s*** as it is.

Maybe get rid of a fair bit more than just Richo. If they do just get rid of him get ready for more of the same because him leaving won't be the end of it.
I think most are saying coaching panel entirely needs overhaul
Recruitment needs overhaul
Board needs reinvigorating - Prez is a numpty
Problem is it's massive change that has to start at the top

“Yeah….nah””
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Teams normally win when the caretaker coach takes over. Maybe we need 10-15 caretaker coaches (one each week) and you never know.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saint1974
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote: Sat 09 Jun 2018 11:47pm I don't understand why everyone just wants Richo to go. He does have a group of assistants that are helping him get flogged every week you know. Just because you see his face on the big screen doesn't mean he has the only say. I would be pretty sure he has help in this team being as s*** as it is.

Maybe get rid of a fair bit more than just Richo. If they do just get rid of him get ready for more of the same because him leaving won't be the end of it.
Totally agree,forty five year member and it’s the first time I’m starting to loose interest,and believe you me I have seen some dark times,
It starts from the top ,president CEO ,Football manager,recruitment ,assistant coaches,everyone is pointing blame at Ricoh,nice bloke,but sadly I hate to say the game plan is just not there,I don’t want any of the assistants appointed coach if Richo does go as they are all part of this debacle too,
It’s time for everyone who is part of running this club to be made accountable,I don’t want to see my club go,my great grandfather played for this club,we are six generations members and supporters and I am very worried about our future,haven’t posted on here for a long time,but are greatly concerned where we are heading and I hope the club read these posts,because one thing we are all united in is,the love of our club.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 12:00am

Totally agree,forty five year member and it’s the first time I’m starting to loose interest,and believe you me I have seen some dark times,
It starts from the top ,president CEO ,Football manager,recruitment ,assistant coaches,everyone is pointing blame at Ricoh,nice bloke,but sadly I hate to say the game plan is just not there,I don’t want any of the assistants appointed coach if Richo does go as they are all part of this debacle too,
It’s time for everyone who is part of running this club to be made accountable,I don’t want to see my club go,my great grandfather played for this club,we are six generations members and supporters and I am very worried about our future,haven’t posted on here for a long time,but are greatly concerned where we are heading and I hope the club read these posts,because one thing we are all united in is,the love of our club.

Hear Hear.

#RegimeChange

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Hand up the bloke who decided to put Jack Steele in the ruck?

Now, leave.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 12:07am Hand up the bloke who decided to put Jack Steele in the ruck?

Now, leave.
Saw Grigg play in the ruck. Copied.
Saw Clarko sit on bench during 3rd quarter. Copied.

Richo seriously is brainless. He copies things he sees but he doesnt even know why he is doing them.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Whilst I’m pissed off with this performance it’s what we badly needed to happen.

Bandaid matches like WCE and Richmond just mask over the cracks that are canyons.

This was good timing - only game of the night and Channel 7 coverage. Plenty of bagging the recruiting and club by the media. It has to force change. We have no choice.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Richo's press conferences should be on the comedy channel.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I dont think I've ever sat in level 2 and witnessed such a walkout by members
Was pretty scant to start with, but by half time about half had left
was a ghost town during the last quarter
Leavers are grievers and more than likely 2019 non renewers

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Rocket wrote: Sat 09 Jun 2018 11:42pm Heard on good authority that Richardson has a 3 month payout clause in contract. Club needs to pull the cord. It will cost too much money in lost gate receipts and memberships. Give us some hope and change the game ... he has to go, too many members at their lowest ebb. Time is now.
Great news!

That means he’s goneski for sure.

A no brainer!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
leighsaintsince66
Club Player

52 years a supporter. 22 year member.
Not there tonight.
Losing passion for the club for the first time in my life.
Why have I cared so much I sometimes ask?
Do I care more about footy & the club than this current regime?
PLEASE RESIGN someone...Richo, Danny, president whoever...?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Hate to say it, but as long as Finnis and Summers are at the helm, Richo ain’t going anywhere. At least, not until he reaches the end of his extension, or, he resigns...

I doubt that even they still have all that much faith that he’s the man, but to sack him before his extension begins would make them look like even bigger turkeys than they already do.

If rumours are true about a recruitment overall, then Trout will likely be the “statement” dismissal, because he’s out of contract.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
David-Lee
Club Player

It just dawned in me, Richo IS still team player!
HES DOING THIS SH!T ON PURPOSE!!!.

#1 DRAFT PICK ALL DAY LONG!
LONG LIVE RICHO!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 12:44am I dont think I've ever sat in level 2 and witnessed such a walkout by members
Was pretty scant to start with, but by half time about half had left
was a ghost town during the last quarter
Leavers are grievers and more than likely 2019 non renewers
I agree with all of this. I was sitting on level 1 but it was similar. A lot of empty seats in Bay 41, many of the seats that were taken had Swans supporters in them. Sainters weren't even getting angry, there were a couple of sarcastic comments, but nothing overtly critical. Some St. Kilda supporters walked out after about half a quarter, people just walking out, looking completely emotionally checked out.

There was a feeling of a real lack of passion out there today.

The night was summed up by some kids sitting in front of us, who were given a supporters banner promotional sign to hold up by some young bloke. the camera was panning the crowd for kids and other supporters holding up these banner hoping to win a prize. Suddenly a young lady appeared with an envelope and gave it to the boys' father. It was a lucky supporters prize. The boys and the dad thanked the young lady, and she walked off telling them that the prize was worth $75. After she left the dad opened the envelope. He said it was a family ticket to a game we had already played in May.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sun 10 Jun 2018 1:18am, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
wally
Club Player

I think our problems are we wont attract FA or any players,and I don't reckon any assistant coaches either.
Sydney have Dean Cox ruck coach do we actually have a ruck coach?
A few years ago Port Adelaide were a shamble, Hinkley was the only one who would take the job.

David-Lee
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 12:48am
Rocket wrote: Sat 09 Jun 2018 11:42pm Heard on good authority that Richardson has a 3 month payout clause in contract. Club needs to pull the cord. It will cost too much money in lost gate receipts and memberships. Give us some hope and change the game ... he has to go, too many members at their lowest ebb. Time is now.
Great news!

That means he’s goneski for sure.

A no brainer!
No! Not now! Richo has coached us into a winning position.
The #1 pick is so close. We get a caretaker and win a few we are f#cked.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Death spiral
It feels like a new level of despondancy

I'm not even angry, I actually feel sorry for everyone involved in this very public death spiral.

All the excuses were used up some time ago.
The media will now crank it up ...they have actually been relatively kind until now.
A bit like you are when someone is gravely ill, tiptoeing around just how bad things are, and trying to highlight anything positive.
This more than anything spells the end, but the end of what?
Richo? Some players and coaches? Or is the club finally at some serious existential crisis?

To me it feels that way.

Nee!
ace
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote: Sat 09 Jun 2018 10:25pm But who do we get in?
We could give the job to Trout and then give the coaching assistant jobs to his recruiting team.
It would be justice for them to suffer the consequences of their failures.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

ace wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 1:29am
ROLS-LEE wrote: Sat 09 Jun 2018 10:25pm But who do we get in?
We could give the job to Trout and then give the coaching assistant jobs to his recruiting team.
It would be justice for them to suffer the consequences of their failures.
Lol. They need to be more accountable.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Which assistants should get the flick, DWOODROW?

DWOODROW
Club Player

saynta wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 11:01pm

I can think of 1 that I would like to help out the door. I will catch up with him at the Gold Coast game hopefully :evil:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 11:04pm
saynta wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 11:01pm

I can think of 1 that I would like to help out the door. I will catch up with him at the Gold Coast game hopefully :evil:
I will be at the game too.

He the one that doesn't want your brother in the Firsts. If he is, I would be only too willing to help you give him a push. :twisted:

DWOODROW
Club Player

hahah sounds good to me. I'll see what I can do, :)