Hickey dominated Nic Nat

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

suss
Club Player

Re: Hickey dominated Nic Nat

chico2001 wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 12:23am Apparently Hickey got shown up big time "on the couch" tonight
He did. It was a bad look. Roos said something like “there is a player who doesn’t want to be on the ground”.

stonecold
SS Life Member

suss wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:13am
chico2001 wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 12:23am Apparently Hickey got shown up big time "on the couch" tonight
He did. It was a bad look. Roos said something like “there is a player who doesn’t want to be on the ground”.
Like many of our players, Tom lacks concentration and a football brain!!!!!

About sums him up for me!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
stonecold
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:10am
Spinner wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 1:48am
SydneySainter wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 12:35am
Spinner wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:42pm
SydneySainter wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 12:15pm
Spinner wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 12:01pm I thought Hickey was terrible tonight and absolutely smashed by Sinclair.

Need to play Longer ASAP. Team is going no where with Hickey in the side.
I disagree. 30 hitouts and 11 disposals to Sinclair's 29 hitouts and 14 disposals. Thought Hickey was more than serviceable.

What a laughable response. Did you want to add the goals column from the stats sheet?

Absolutely laughable. Sinclair was one of their best.
Yep, Sinclair had 3 goals to Hickey’s behind. Hickey is poor defensively when his opponent goes forward, as is Longer.

Hickey was beaten, but not smashed.

I think it’s absolutely laughable that you say Longer must come in.

So 'more than serviceable' to now 'beaten'... Need to make up your mind if you are going to comment. And if going to comment, don't pick and choose stats to your liking, make an honest argument.

Sinclair killed us on Saturday. Surprised it wasn't so obvious.
I never contradicted myself. While Hickey was beaten by Sinclair, I still think he was more than serviceable. Does being more serviceable mean by definition you need to "win" your position? If that's the way you see it, fair enough, but it's not the way I see it.

As for my so-called cherry picking stats, what stats have I missed that supports your so-called honest argument that Hickey was "absolutely smashed". As far as the stats are concerned, head to head, their wasn't much separating Hickey and Sinclair, except for his 3 goals.

Take a chill pill!

Expect for the fact Sinclair was BOG at qtr time, the game was over by then (thanks to Sinclair and a few mates), the rest of the stats are just 'White Noise'!!!!!

Tom was a dismal failure when the game was up for grabs, simple!!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hickey our highest ranked player on the ground, most hitouts… centre clearances even. Sinclair was even more dominant against Kreuzer last week…

Sinclair kicked FIVE GOALS last year when Billy played, who racked up a whopping ONE KICK.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 11:26am Hickey our highest ranked player on the ground, most hitouts… centre clearances even. Sinclair was even more dominant against Kreuzer last week…

Sinclair kicked FIVE GOALS last year when Billy played, who racked up a whopping ONE KICK.
Sinclair played prominently forward last year and kicked 5 goals playing Jake!!!!! (worse game for the club)

As for ranking points, check them at qtr time (when the result was decided), then let me know, not the 'after the fact, white noise stats'!!!!!

Sinclair was BOG at qtr time and the result was beyond doubt, end of story!!!!!

Any other token stats don't count!!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I'd suggest Hickey has had his card marked DCM and unless all other ruck options are injured and is unlikely to not play again this year if there is an option. Running off the ground as he did was career ending stuff if there needed any exclamation point. Someone in recruiting must surely be drawing up a short list to recruit a ruckman/person from as we speak. Amongst other attributes Tim simply does not have the temperament to be a ruckman/person in AFL, he gets too nervous and anxious and is indecisive when thinking is required, which I and many others do too of course but non of us would consider facing the pressure of an AFL game particularly as a ruckperson. Alpha males rule that world.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 3:00pm Image
telescopic boom lift?????

dragit
Saintsational Legend

:D
It's a stone colon cherry picker!!!!!

Crossy66
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 3:05pm I'd suggest Hickey has had his card marked DCM and unless all other ruck options are injured and is unlikely to not play again this year if there is an option. Running off the ground as he did was career ending stuff if there needed any exclamation point. Someone in recruiting must surely be drawing up a short list to recruit a ruckman/person from as we speak. Amongst other attributes Tim simply does not have the temperament to be a ruckman/person in AFL, he gets too nervous and anxious and is indecisive when thinking is required, which I and many others do too of course but non of us would consider facing the pressure of an AFL game particularly as a ruckperson. Alpha males rule that world.
I feel a bit for the bloke. He had 3 score assists in the first five minutes, unfortunately not for the saints and seemed to drop his bundle. I tracked him on Saturday night and couldnt work out why he was ambling around in that first Qtr when the game was on. Anything after that didnt matter. On the other side of the equation, Webster and Gresham stood out when it mattered, but not many others gave a yelp.
If i were AR, i would use this opportunity to my advantage:
Send a message to the group, give Tom a kick in the pants by putting him back to Sandy and tell Billy here's your opportunity - dont stuff it up!
Start playing the big guys off against each other. Have a bad game, the other bloke comes in.
Blokes that wont chase and cant stick a tackle should be dropped - that's a demonstration of attitude more than talent.
Just have to win this week so need to include Billy, JB and Armo.
Whilst i think Armo is probably cooked, we could have done with his voice and leadership last week and he has racked up good numbers at Sandy.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Dumb decision by the coach not play Armo against Sydney when Gears and other experienced leaders were injured or out

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: Sat 09 Jun 2018 7:52pm I see where Witts has had 54 hitouts v 18 between 2 GWS players

Leading Gold Coast to an easy win

The online footy app has the scores in that Gold Coast v GWS the wrong way around

You just posting that just shows how poor your reasoning skills are.

It would be like me posting that game in 1993 where Ablett kicked 14 and they lost and concluding that kicking the most goals has no influence.

Moronic.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:13am

Wow might take a look at this then.

Surely an indication that he was less than serviceable.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Coaches rated Sinclair's game the same as a myself and a few others on here:

I'm happy to keep such elite/knowledgeable company!!!!!

)

ST KILDA v SYDNEY
9 Josh Kennedy (Syd)
5 Callum Sinclair (Syd)
4 Luke Parker (Syd)
4 Isaac Heeney (Syd)
4 Lance Franklin (Syd)
2 Zak Jones (Syd)
2 Oliver Florent

How's Tom's game looking now?????

Flagless
Club Player

stonecold wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 10:26am
bbm wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 1:20am
stonecold wrote: Sun 03 Jun 2018 12:52am
bbm wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 11:54pm Great game by the big man. He can play don't worry about that

Dominated Nic Nat?????

Wowwee, check the best players and stats!!!!!

Clueless, as for two soft goals Red, he got two yes, 1 through soft 50 and 1 in a non contest out marking hickey, so yes, I spose your correct!!!!!

Softest player in the AFL and still cannot lead us to a win, hasn't done for a long time now!!!!!

At least he got a couple of goal assists, which Josh Kennedy was really grateful for!!!!!
Check the stats yourself.

hickey 28 Hit outs Nic 18
Hickey 8 clearances nic 4.
We win the overall clearances for the game.
We are 16th on the ladder they are top playing on their deck.

Leading innto the game Nic the best in the comp.

go figure softy
Hitouts was 38-32, Eagles way, not sure what game you were watching but they had two Ruckman!!!!!

No presence, way too soft, if your happy with that performance, well that explains a lot!!!!!

Another loss with Tom as #1, just keeps racking them up!!!!!
If we are placing our trust on Hickey being our number one ruckman then god help us- he has the presence of a praying mantis

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 5:40pm Coaches rated Sinclair's game the same as a myself and a few others on here:

)

ST KILDA v SYDNEY
9 Josh Kennedy (Syd)
5 Callum Sinclair (Syd)
4 Luke Parker (Syd)
4 Isaac Heeney (Syd)
4 Lance Franklin (Syd)
2 Zak Jones (Syd)
2 Oliver Florent

Notice how there are no St Kilda players in that list at all?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Billy might be an in this week for Tom but ffs, if Bruce comes in don't f****** play him as relief ruck.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

we will probably do well against GC and everyone will think all is good again..the stupidity of our supporters astounds me at times.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 3:05pm I'd suggest Hickey has had his card marked DCM and unless all other ruck options are injured and is unlikely to not play again this year if there is an option. Running off the ground as he did was career ending stuff if there needed any exclamation point. Someone in recruiting must surely be drawing up a short list to recruit a ruckman/person from as we speak. Amongst other attributes Tim simply does not have the temperament to be a ruckman/person in AFL, he gets too nervous and anxious and is indecisive when thinking is required, which I and many others do too of course but non of us would consider facing the pressure of an AFL game particularly as a ruckperson. Alpha males rule that world.
Most good ruckman are Alpha males, trust me, I know, I get in strife on here all the time for being an Alpha male and a ruckman!!!!! ;)

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 5:46pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 5:40pm Coaches rated Sinclair's game the same as a myself and a few others on here:

)

ST KILDA v SYDNEY
9 Josh Kennedy (Syd)
5 Callum Sinclair (Syd)
4 Luke Parker (Syd)
4 Isaac Heeney (Syd)
4 Lance Franklin (Syd)
2 Zak Jones (Syd)
2 Oliver Florent

Notice how there are no St Kilda players in that list at all?
Yeah saw that, funny, cause the game was over by qtr time, so any other efforts were considered 'Not Relevant towards the result 'by either coach!!!!!

Notice how Sinclair also made AFL team of the week?????

That's 2 weeks in a row now our Ruckman has allowed that to happen, Not Funny That!!!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Neanderthal bumbling ranter ≠ Alpha male.

stonecold
SS Life Member

dragit wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 7:49pm Neanderthal bumbling ranter ≠ Alpha male.
Each to their own, rather be an Alpha male, than a hen pecked pussy!!!!!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 3:31pm
I feel a bit for the bloke. He had 3 score assists in the first five minutes, unfortunately not for the saints and seemed to drop his bundle. I tracked him on Saturday night and couldnt work out why he was ambling around in that first Qtr when the game was on. Anything after that didnt matter. On the other side of the equation, Webster and Gresham stood out when it mattered, but not many others gave a yelp.
Send a message to the group, give Tom a kick in the pants by putting him back to Sandy and tell Billy here's your opportunity - dont stuff it up!
Start playing the big guys off against each other. Have a bad game, the other bloke comes in.
Blokes that wont chase and cant stick a tackle should be dropped - that's a demonstration of attitude more than talent.
Whilst i think Armo is probably cooked, we could have done with his voice and leadership last week and he has racked up good numbers at Sandy.
Agree with some of this but don't think there is any more point bringing guys back in who when they were in the side last didn't make any difference anyway. No, I think a lot of the older guys need to be at Sandy helping out the new guys, and guys like Billings who has just been dropped need to play a few more games at Sandy to make sure they are ready. I'm not potting any of our players, but sorry, bringing back guys into the squad who turned the ball over time and again, or kicked out on the full consistently are better off at Sandy helping the young guys out. Joyce, Connellan, maybe Freezer in instead for mine. Carlisle and Goddard too. We need to make use of our experienced players a bit more strategically rather than expect them to be match winners for us when they have done their bit for the club.
And while I'm at it, Hickey was hung out to dry when the selection was made to only play one ruckman. I mean, come on! Blind Freddy could see what was going to happen. Way I see it, either leave Hickey in AND play Billy as well, which is what I've been saying all year, or play Longer AND Marshall. Marshall didn't get really get a fair go when he was dropped, for mine. I thought he was going alright. No more playing a lone ruckman because, as has been stated on here many times, by me included, we have a weakness in the ruck, despite having a plethora of ruckmen. If we had played Billy as well Saturday night he could've given Hickey a chop out and worked Sinclair over in the ruck duels, and put a bit of physical pressure on every time the ball was bounced or thrown in. Or Marshall could have at least offered a bit in the ruck and dropped back into defence. Anyway, just my take.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
stonecold
SS Life Member

samuraisaint wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:48pm
Crossy66 wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 3:31pm
Agree with some of this but don't think there is any more point bringing guys back in who when they were in the side last didn't make any difference anyway. No, I think a lot of the older guys need to be at Sandy helping out the new guys, and guys like Billings who has just been dropped need to play a few more games at Sandy to make sure they are ready. I'm not potting any of our players, but sorry, bringing back guys into the squad who turned the ball over time and again, or kicked out on the full consistently are better off at Sandy helping the young guys out. Joyce, Connellan, maybe Freezer in instead for mine. Carlisle and Goddard too. We need to make use of our experienced players a bit more strategically rather than expect them to be match winners for us when they have done their bit for the club.
And while I'm at it, Hickey was hung out to dry when the selection was made to only play one ruckman. I mean, come on! Blind Freddy could see what was going to happen. Way I see it, either leave Hickey in AND play Billy as well, which is what I've been saying all year, or play Longer AND Marshall. Marshall didn't get really get a fair go when he was dropped, for mine. I thought he was going alright. No more playing a lone ruckman because, as has been stated on here many times, by me included, we have a weakness in the ruck, despite having a plethora of ruckmen. If we had played Billy as well Saturday night he could've given Hickey a chop out and worked Sinclair over in the ruck duels, and put a bit of physical pressure on every time the ball was bounced or thrown in. Or Marshall could have at least offered a bit in the ruck and dropped back into defence. Anyway, just my take.
Sydney only played one Ruckman as well, so, couldn't Tom handle one opponent, doesn't look like it!!!!!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think we play better when we have two rucks in. At the beginning of the year we all thought Marshall was the answer. I think he shows a bit. Then he gets dropped. For some reason we struggle when we go with only one ruckman. Our progress was going well until round 16 last year, we could've even beat Port over there with an inexperienced side in, but even then the ruck (and forward line not kicking straight) was the problem. It's good that there's the competition between Longer and Hickey (and Marshall) but this should make our rucks better not more limited. I remember a few seasons ago we played the Eagles and the Swans with no recognised ruckman at all (and got smashed) and we had something like four ruckmen on the list.
We just have too many holes in our defence with injuries and suspension, and mids looking like they need a rest. An extra tall who can ruck would help out there. I don't want to see Steele, Bruce or Acres in the ruck again. They're just going to get injured.
Who knows; maybe in the future we look back at this year and we say that it was a very important development year where a lot of our young guys got games experience, but that first quarter was an absolute shocker and AR needs to have a look at some of the selection decisions, because this week we have to win.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.