Josh Battle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

one point
Club Player

Re: Josh Battle

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 8:26pm
The_President wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:33am How do they fit Membrey, Bruce, Battle and Paddy in the one forward line?
I watched Bruce in the the Zebras match against Williamstown this afternoon. Fair to say he looked a bit rusty but never stopped trying. Poor and difficult conditions but the Zebras had 15 St. Kilda players in the side, failed to kick a single goal, thereby becoming the first team in 100 years in the VFA/VFL to achieve this dubious feat, and were the lowest scoring Zebras team in Sandringham's entire VFA/VFL history. Barring a calamitous injury run I think it's safe to say that anyone playing in the forward line for Sandy today will face a very long wait before they are considered for senior selection, particularly with Long and Acres still to return.
In the last quarter Willy kicked 8.5 to 0.1! :shock:
I'll bet the Sandy supporters are so very happy with our alignment right now. :lol:

Player development anyone :?
Richmond managed to kick 0.8 in a game against St.kilda in I think 1961 at the Punt Rd oval. The saints having a comfortable win on a cold winter's day.

chico2001
Club Player

Re: Josh Battle

Battle is not a big key forward so may struggle against the better fullbacks early on in his career until he learns his craft. A good sign for the future. I would give Josh Bruce another year . See how he goes in 2019 fully fit and give it a red hot go, he is a top footballer when he is on song and proven 50 goals a year player and is only 26. He is in the "experienced " group of players so must stay. He may squeeze in 6/7 games this year.