Paul Seedsman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ss1986
Club Player

Re: Paul Seedsman

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 22 Aug 2018 6:37pm The interest in Seeders is very real and he is very gettable. Is he a Vic fella or not?
LOL our club and everything about it is so embarrassing atm

saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-24/s ... h-new-deal

"ADELAIDE has signed much-improved wingman Paul Seedsman to a three-year contract.

The deal keeps him committed to the club until the end of 2021.

Seedsman, 26, had been sought after as a line-breaking runner, and is ranked No.6 in the competition for metres gained per game this season.

He arrived from Collingwood at the end of 2015 as part of a mega-trade that also involved Melbourne and Port Adelaide.

"My priority was always to stay in Adelaide and it's great to get the deal done," Seedsman told afc.com.au.

"I love it here and the footy club has been fantastic since I arrived, so it's good to be able to repay their confidence in me.

"Even though it's been a frustrating year, the culture here couldn't be better.

"The players and coaches are all committed to getting better and we'll be back up there next year."

Crows list manager Justin Reid expressed his delight at keeping the former Magpie at West Lakes.

"Paul has shown this year what he's capable of on-field, and we're thrilled to have him sign with the club for another three years," Reid said.

"Our entire senior leadership group have signed extensions in the past 12 months or so, as have a number of key players, so to add Paul to that list shows great unity within the playing group."

I think a number of these players are using us or our supposed interest in levering better deals at their own clubs.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Oh, we’re not getting Seeds.

I'm shocked. 😱

Didn't SCOOP say we were in the box seat?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Saint wagga
Club Player

Im glad we didn’t land Seedsman, he’s not much better if at all than savage! We don’t need more b graders, only A grade talent please!! Shiel, Gaff, beams etc...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 22 Aug 2018 6:37pm The interest in Seeders is very real and he is very gettable.
The SS Kiss of Death has struck again.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote: Fri 24 Aug 2018 8:35pm
parkeysainter wrote: Wed 22 Aug 2018 6:37pm The interest in Seeders is very real and he is very gettable.
Lol. He would have been a decent pickup IMO. Crows crushed that one quite early and swooped.

There is smoke around McGovern though.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Fri 24 Aug 2018 8:47pm
Lol. He would have been a decent pickup IMO. Crows crushed that one quite early and swooped.

How about we do a deal.

You don't mention any half-decent players, and then the club might have a chance of actually landing someone ;)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Scoop
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Fri 24 Aug 2018 7:18pm Oh, we’re not getting Seeds.

I'm shocked. 😱

I'm sure I didn't!! :wink:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote: Fri 24 Aug 2018 8:52pm
parkeysainter wrote: Fri 24 Aug 2018 8:47pm

How about we do a deal.

You don't mention any half-decent players, and then the club might have a chance of actually landing someone ;)
No chance. 😁

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

We are the most irrelevant club in the AFL right now.

No player of quality wants to come to us. Any faux-interest is driven by Player managers using us to drive up the value of their clients

The only players interested in us are delistings and fringe players trying to get a regular game.

We need to fix the coaching, draft well and hope we can scrape into finals in the near future- and then things will change.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Scoop wrote: Fri 24 Aug 2018 9:05pm

I'm shocked. 😱

I'm sure I didn't!! :wink:
Reported for baiting.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I'm shocked. 😱

Looks like we are missing out on Seeders as he has just committed to Adelaide after he was very gettable and we were interested just a day ago.

It’s disappointing we can’t land any of these targets when we have been in the box seat for so many only to miss at the last minute.

I hope we keep trying and go hard as hell for Sheilers as he is what we need.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 25 Aug 2018 10:52am It’s disappointing we can’t land any of these targets when we have been in the box seat for so many only to miss at the last minute.

I suspect we might be being used as a tool by player agents to drive up the price for their player's next contract.
It's not as though we are missing out on players to a rival club. They are staying where they are for more money than they were currently on.
We are a club, like the Roos, with lots of money to spend. We are going to be linked to almost every player that is available.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Sat 25 Aug 2018 11:21am
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 25 Aug 2018 10:52am It’s disappointing we can’t land any of these targets when we have been in the box seat for so many only to miss at the last minute.

I suspect we might be being used as a tool by player agents to drive up the price for their player's next contract.
It's not as though we are missing out on players to a rival club. They are staying where they are for more money than they were currently on.
We are a club, like the Roos, with lots of money to spend. We are going to be linked to almost every player that is available.
Yep, you could imagine player manager saying (insert name here) the saints, suns and kangaroos are offering $xxxxxxx for said player

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

It is entirely possible that he Crows have just conceded that they will be losing McGovern and have immediately moved to finalise any other open contract situations! These things are like dominoes and if (as you would expect) McGovern was their number one priority, then his contract would have conceivably been holding up others being completed.

The whisper within the past 48 hours is McGovern to Carlton for a swap of first round picks (or whatever the detail is), which potentially (if true) immediately leads to a bunch of others dominoes falling.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
silverhalo
Club Player

We are definitely not a destination club in our current state and my fear is that even if we do land a big fish, they'd be coming over for all of the wrong reasons - it would be money driven. It would be someone that wouldn't have aspirations of playing finals and would be content to play under Richo......

Most footballers want to taste the ultimate success and for that reason it's going to be difficult to attract a top liner unless of course their prime motivation is money - we're stuck in a vicious cycle at the moment.