Hope

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Hope

Someone please tell me Richo has coached his last game & we can finally move ahead from this utter mess.

If not we are in a state of hopelessness & I can see 2019 being worse than this year & for the club to finally sack Richo half way through next year.

Why delay the inevitable?

The coach is only the first component. Unfortunately the club has failed many talented players & we have reached a point where we will need to cut ties with unfulfilled talent.

Acres, Billings, Newnes, Bruce, Paddy. They are all on the block & it saddens me that the club I love has created an environment where it’s been incredibly difficult for them to succeed in.

We are Melbourne Demons circa 2013. We need to cut the Cale Morton’s, Jimmy Toumpas’s & Jack Watts’. But most importantly we need to cut our Mark Neeld.

We need hope because right now we have none.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hope

It's all good bro...

Out hickey, acres, billings, pick 3

In Lycett, hanners, Menzel

We are back in town if we can pull off this coup.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

A never was and two has been crocks.,Great.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Sun 26 Aug 2018 10:42pm It's all good bro...

You forgot Ross

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't believe the first half
What was the point of playing a loose man in defence ?
Was it just to stop brown the chance of kicking 8.

Went to the game thinking we were a chance to win .
After five minutes i knew he wasn't even trying

In red white and black from 73
Tommyj
Club Player

Keep billings out Ross armo Newnes gillbo Weller and I thought he was a player Sinclair and the next 5 should thank their lucky stars

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

mr six o'clock wrote: Sun 26 Aug 2018 10:57pm Couldn't believe the first half

North were pushing their half forwards onto the wing. Carlisle wasn't getting dragged up there with them, so he was the extra. We never played more than 6 in the backline.
If we'd played man on man there would have been more space and we would have conceded more goals.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
shrodes
SS Life Member

I actually think the players hate the loose man thing. It is well documented after the Geelong game where we kicked to Tom Stewart 322 times in a row that the players weren't happy.
I get why it's done to stem the flow but to do it to begin a quarter or game is just overly cautious and weak.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Not sure what the stat was for goals to North from our turnovers but I just wish our blokes would stop switching the play and playing keepings off in the backline when there's an option for a 1-1 contest.

Trust in your team mate to at least have a 50-50 chance of getting the football, rather than being rushed after we pissfart around and handball or overpossess with short kicks that eventually turn out to be clangers and you jst give the footy away cheaply.

Every now and then when we moved it quickly and we backed the big guys and just kicked the damn ball to a 1-1 our guys won most of those contests. Carlisle, Austin, Pearce and Gilbo competed well as did both Marshall or Membrey in the forward line. The problem was that we didn't move the ball quick enough or look for the 1-1 contest in the air.

We need to back our bigger guys with kicks around the ground to a genuine 1-1. I reckon Lonie and Gresh had as much ball kicked to them in the air in 1-1 contests as did the talls and that's just not right.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 26 Aug 2018 11:44pm Not sure what the stat was for goals to North from our turnovers but I just wish our blokes would stop switching the play and playing keepings off in the backline when there's an option for a 1-1 contest.

Trust in your team mate to at least have a 50-50 chance of getting the football, rather than being rushed after we pissfart around and handball or overpossess with short kicks that eventually turn out to be clangers and you jst give the footy away cheaply.

Every now and then when we moved it quickly and we backed the big guys and just kicked the damn ball to a 1-1 our guys won most of those contests. Carlisle, Austin, Pearce and Gilbo competed well as did both Marshall or Membrey in the forward line. The problem was that we didn't move the ball quick enough or look for the 1-1 contest in the air.

We need to back our bigger guys with kicks around the ground to a genuine 1-1. I reckon Lonie and Gresh had as much ball kicked to them in the air in 1-1 contests as did the talls and that's just not right.
Exactly as I saw it

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Myron Gaines wrote: Sun 26 Aug 2018 10:26pm Someone please tell me Richo has coached his last game & we can finally move ahead from this utter mess.

If not we are in a state of hopelessness & I can see 2019 being worse than this year & for the club to finally sack Richo half way through next year.

The coach is only the first component. Unfortunately the club has failed many talented players & we have reached a point where we will need to cut ties with unfulfilled talent.

Acres, Billings, Newnes, Bruce, Paddy. They are all on the block & it saddens me that the club I love has created an environment where it’s been incredibly difficult for them to succeed in.

We are Melbourne Demons circa 2013. We need to cut the Cale Morton’s, Jimmy Toumpas’s & Jack Watts’. But most importantly we need to cut our Mark Neeld.

Great post
The test for Lethlean and club comes now
Remove deadwood in 5he coaching ranks THE REAL problems not tinkering with a few sacrificial assistants
Trade those who don’t want to be there
Do not recruit and pay desperate overs for likes of H@nnerbury
Be smart and we’ve actually got a core of kids we c@n add to with some elite talent

“Yeah….nah””
Myron Gaines
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Sun 26 Aug 2018 11:53pm
Myron Gaines wrote: Sun 26 Aug 2018 10:26pm Someone please tell me Richo has coached his last game & we can finally move ahead from this utter mess.

Great post
The test for Lethlean and club comes now
Remove deadwood in 5he coaching ranks THE REAL problems not tinkering with a few sacrificial assistants
Trade those who don’t want to be there
Do not recruit and pay desperate overs for likes of H@nnerbury
Be smart and we’ve actually got a core of kids we c@n add to with some elite talent
Yup no one should be safe on & off field.

I look at players such as Billings, Acres, Dunstan, etc as similar to children growing up in a poor family environment thus not having the same opportunities as other kids to do well at school & have a successful career. Dal Santo recently said kids coming into St Kilda’s system do not have a great opportunity to flourish as footballers. Alarm bells.

Unfortunately we are at a point where we need to let the kids go & work it out for themselves in the real world. I can just see Acres & Billings being extremely successful at other clubs & good luck to them. If I were their father or manager I’d be encouraging them to get the heck out of St Kilda cos their careers are being ruined by an incompetent coach & football department.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

All will be fine with Richo head coach & Geary captain leading this club forward...

bigred
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 26 Aug 2018 10:54pm

You forgot Ross
Look, best chuck Jack Steven in with the lot leaving too...

Just to make sure we get this excellent trade period off the ground.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
chico2001
Club Player

Be crazy to even look like trading Billings and Ross out, plain stupid. Not even sure why it is bought up.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Mon 27 Aug 2018 9:41am Be crazy to even look like trading Billings and Ross out, plain stupid. Not even sure why it is bought up.
After the Geelong debacle the playing group lead by Seb Ross approached Richo & said this current set up is not working. 80% of the players have regressed & are playing like they have checked out. What I think we are seeing is a player mutiny & fortunately for Alan the club has back him in. As such, players will request trades. Too much noice for it to be BS.

takeaway
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 27 Aug 2018 9:46am
chico2001 wrote: Mon 27 Aug 2018 9:41am Be crazy to even look like trading Billings and Ross out, plain stupid. Not even sure why it is bought up.
After the Geelong debacle the playing group lead by Seb Ross approached Richo & said this current set up is not working. 80% of the players have regressed & are playing like they have checked out. What I think we are seeing is a player mutiny & fortunately for Alan the club has back him in. As such, players will request trades. Too much noice for it to be BS.
So I guess we'll wait with baited breath for which players will request trades.

chico2001
Club Player

Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 27 Aug 2018 9:46am
The players still have their own pride to play for but if they have checked out then that problem is going to continue in 2019. Saints might think they can get away with Richardson still coaching by paying big bucks for recruits and move on a few of those who have checked out. But Gun players are not going to come to the saints this year or next so that scenario wont work. If players like Steven and Ross want to move on then the club will be relocating to Tasmania, nothing surer.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

shrodes wrote: Sun 26 Aug 2018 11:04pm

I actually think the players hate the loose man thing. It is well documented after the Geelong game where we kicked to Tom Stewart 322 times in a row that the players weren't happy.
I get why it's done to stem the flow but to do it to begin a quarter or game is just overly cautious and weak.
The worst thing about that Geelong game was that our coaches thought so little of our chances to compete with Geelong's midfield that they put our loose man around the fvcking ball. From the start. It took Ross and Steven to barrel the 'coaches' at half time imploring them to even up the on-ball numbers so that they weren't constantly kicking to Paddy and Membrey who were always 2 on 1 + Tom Stewart.

Fvcking moron coaches - our players had to goddam coach themselves.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Myron Gaines wrote: Mon 27 Aug 2018 9:14am

All will be fine with Richo head coach & Geary captain leading this club forward...
It's factual and it's been that way for two whole seasons now but it doesn't make it any less unpalatable. In fact - it just makes me just sick reading it. Still. The last thing you ever want as a supporter is to feel embarrassed to the point you can't defend it.

Right now - I'd not be unhappy if Richo was punted and Jack Steele became Captain (he's clearly the player in my mind who's actually really put up his hand to stem this tide of sh!t in the 2nd half of the year). And he's got a bit of C U Next Tuesday in him too.

PS - I do not want that cheap possession accumulating; hoist it high merchant in Ross as Captain either. Just another bland, poorly skilled, vanilla version of what we already have.

Go you red, black & white warriors