Who would I consider off the table for trade?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who would I consider off the table for trade?

saintadamski wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 1:15am
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 1:06am
saintadamski wrote: Fri 07 Sep 2018 11:58pm
Freebird wrote: Fri 07 Sep 2018 11:31pm
Wayne42 wrote: Fri 07 Sep 2018 9:06pm
BadRossco wrote: Fri 07 Sep 2018 7:51pm Would add both Billings and Acres to keep list. Trade Sinclair, McKenzie and Rice ( slow) but may not have much currency. Lonie is uncontracted so has no trade value. Agree we need to give more time to Marshall, Long and Austin. Joyce will not make it, we can't develop recruits that have grown up with the game so an Irishman has no chance. We must keep in mind that we need to field a team of twenty two so can't get rid of all the dead wood or we would end up with a list of about twelve.
It's proven over a number of years that we can't develop players.

Gilbert started at Stkilda with no disposal ability on his right side, he has now been delisted after 200 plus games with the same deficiencies, that is not RICHO's fault.

We have not been able to develop a clearance winning midfield for an eon, Richo not solely to blame.

BTW, what number was Pedantic ?
Hird only kicked with his right foot and he was ok
I am so damned tired hearing this same old can't develop players nonsense - like from Wayne 42.

These are f****** AFL grade players !!!! If they don't have the basic know how to improve their skills through shear experience, then they may as well be children!

Do we have to give them warm bottles of milk to suckle on at half time?!

OUR LIST IS s***!!!! REPEAT....OUR LIST IS s***!!!!!!!

We have recruited average, slow, soft spuds....none of which have any fierceness in them, because they always have to be from 'Good families' and pass some Bull Sheit politically correct psychology test.

OUR RECRUITING SYSTEM IS TERMINALLY FLAWED!

Yes Richo is not a great coach.....but for crying out loud, coaches don't wave magic f****** wands.

This is soooo frustrating
Who cares if your so damn tired of it, we can't develop players, there is ample proof of it. Hopefully that's why Lethlean is making changes.
No, there is ample proof of poor recruiting... but then again, I couldn't give a toss about your opinion either,. Especially with bulls*** "who cares" comments like you're in primary school
There is ample proof of poor development, kindergarten education at best if you can't understand it, i don't care if you don't get it, as long as Simon Lethlean considers it when he changes the way the club
goes about it. That's what really counts, not the crap we read on here.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintadamski
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 1:27am
saintadamski wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 1:15am
Wayne42 wrote: Sat 08 Sep 2018 1:06am
saintadamski wrote: Fri 07 Sep 2018 11:58pm
Freebird wrote: Fri 07 Sep 2018 11:31pm
Wayne42 wrote: Fri 07 Sep 2018 9:06pm
BadRossco wrote: Fri 07 Sep 2018 7:51pm Would add both Billings and Acres to keep list. Trade Sinclair, McKenzie and Rice ( slow) but may not have much currency. Lonie is uncontracted so has no trade value. Agree we need to give more time to Marshall, Long and Austin. Joyce will not make it, we can't develop recruits that have grown up with the game so an Irishman has no chance. We must keep in mind that we need to field a team of twenty two so can't get rid of all the dead wood or we would end up with a list of about twelve.
It's proven over a number of years that we can't develop players.

Gilbert started at Stkilda with no disposal ability on his right side, he has now been delisted after 200 plus games with the same deficiencies, that is not RICHO's fault.

We have not been able to develop a clearance winning midfield for an eon, Richo not solely to blame.

BTW, what number was Pedantic ?
Hird only kicked with his right foot and he was ok
I am so damned tired hearing this same old can't develop players nonsense - like from Wayne 42.

These are f****** AFL grade players !!!! If they don't have the basic know how to improve their skills through shear experience, then they may as well be children!

Do we have to give them warm bottles of milk to suckle on at half time?!

OUR LIST IS s***!!!! REPEAT....OUR LIST IS s***!!!!!!!

We have recruited average, slow, soft spuds....none of which have any fierceness in them, because they always have to be from 'Good families' and pass some Bull Sheit politically correct psychology test.

OUR RECRUITING SYSTEM IS TERMINALLY FLAWED!

Yes Richo is not a great coach.....but for crying out loud, coaches don't wave magic f****** wands.

This is soooo frustrating
Who cares if your so damn tired of it, we can't develop players, there is ample proof of it. Hopefully that's why Lethlean is making changes.
No, there is ample proof of poor recruiting... but then again, I couldn't give a toss about your opinion either,. Especially with bulls*** "who cares" comments like you're in primary school
There is ample proof of poor development, kindergarten education at best if you can't understand it, i don't care if you don't get it, as long as Simon Lethlean considers it when he changes the way the club
goes about it. That's what really counts, not the crap we read on here.
Right, so Newnes, Weller, Geary, Sinclair, Savage etc etc would take us to a glorious flag of they were 'developed' properly?
Haha.

You're right... there IS a lot of crap on here !

chico2001
Club Player

It is a combination of both. Recruiting has not been the best and we all admit that. But I am sure that if Newnes and Savage were in a better side with better coaching then they would improve and become a vital part of that list. Both can kick long and reasonably accurately. Not so sure about types like Geary, Mckenzie and co who cannot kick properly, if they cannot kick now they will never be able too so therefore no development upside at all. It is well known that it is not a good list. The club even said so.

Club Player

There is no point thinking that players like Newnes, Sinclair or Savage would attract trade interest. to get into the draft, or to trade for quality we will have to be prepared to let go players other recruiters may believe they can do something with. Many on here believe that Billings in another environment will be a star - hopefully there are a few willing to trade for him on that basis. So a late first round if offered would be enough to do a deal.
Ross would also have currency - early 2nd round would be enough.
So many on here are calling for some sort of shake-up. Well........

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
Rocket
Club Player

The question is ... when will Dunstan come out requesting a trade back to Adelaide? Ended year in 2’s with 35 disposals each game. He can’t be happy under Richardson

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Isn't it the sum of all parts. You have to get them all mostly working don't you?

Ross
Billings
Acres
Sinclair
Paddy
Membrey
Steele
Gresham
Steven
Carlisle
Webster

All off the table for mine

Long
Marshall
Austin
Sinclair
McKenzie
Rice
Paton
Pierce

Agree too early to tell and show enough potential to justify keeping

Newnes is a special mention because he's been unfairly and harshly judged by some supporters due to having a down year. Super courageous and it wasn't that long ago some supporters spoke about him as captain potential. So keep for mine.

Overall, like the coaching department, the core list is worth rolling the dice again for in 2019 to see if 2018 was an aberration.

This year's trade focus should be about list enhancement and trying to procure depth of quality, especially in the midfield.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Untouchables:

Gresham
Clark
Steele
Billings
Carlisle
Long
Marshall
Battle
Coffield
Paton
Membrey
Clavarino

Steven, McCartin or Acres only for a really good deal that involved getting a gun.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Getting a gun for McCartin now that is the very definition of impossible. As for getting anything at all for Clavarino...

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 12:28am Untouchables:

Gresham
Clark
Steele
Billings
Carlisle
Long
Marshall
Battle
Coffield
Paton
Membrey
Clavarino

Steven, McCartin or Acres only for a really good deal that involved getting a gun.
Prefer to keep Steven and Acres, but if the orice was right we have to be maxing out.
Jack Sreven could be the finishing touch to a team in tge premiership window....if we got overs eg a first and second rounder for him we would likely take it.

Nee!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

fugazi wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 11:54am

Gresham
Clark
Steele
Billings
Carlisle
Long
Marshall
Battle
Coffield
Paton
Membrey
Clavarino

Prefer to keep Steven and Acres, but if the orice was right we have to be maxing out.
Jack Sreven could be the finishing touch to a team in tge premiership window....if we got overs eg a first and second rounder for him we would likely take it.
If Geelong really want him, and he would take them up a level, their 1st pick & another pick & Nakia Cockatoo.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Picks?

We’d probably mess it up.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Hemi Baxter wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 11:37am Getting a gun for McCartin now that is the very definition of impossible. As for getting anything at all for Clavarino...
Not in a direct swap perhaps, and if you didn't you wouldn't trade him. I had Clavarino as untouchable.

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

My point he was way off it in the VFL this year. If the VFL reserves competition was still around he would have been playing in it most weeks. But I imagine that you know that and had him as untouchable because he isn't worth anything.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Hemi Baxter wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 1:22pm My point he was way off it in the VFL this year. If the VFL reserves competition was still around he would have been playing in it most weeks. But I imagine that you know that and had him as untouchable because he isn't worth anything.
We drafted him to develop him long term as a key defender, why would we trade him after 1 year?

chico2001
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 12:19pm
fugazi wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018 11:54am

Gresham
Clark
Steele
Billings
Carlisle
Long
Marshall
Battle
Coffield
Paton
Membrey
Clavarino

If Geelong really want him, and he would take them up a level, their 1st pick & another pick & Nakia Cockatoo.
I dont think Geelong have much left in the basket, the new rules have stymied them because they onsold to get Dangerfield and others. A club only gets so many goes at onselling picks