Gold Coast are taking fringe players... Are we actually sending them Mav Weller?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

groupie1
Club Player

Gold Coast are taking fringe players... Are we actually sending them Mav Weller?

Any1 know?

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gold Coast are taking fringe players... Are we actually sending them Mav Weller?

I think he’s got an offer from a North on the table.
4 years at $700k was reported :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gold Coast are taking fringe players... Are we actually sending them Mav Weller?

I had a terrible dream last night that mav was still on the list in 2019... and the round 1 side had longer, brown and mav in it.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 7:55am I had a terrible dream last night that mav was still on the list in 2019... and the round 1 side had longer, brown and mav in it.
You can sleep easy on one of those, Brown is suspended for round one.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 6:40am I think he’s got an offer from a North on the table.
Reported around the same time as Longer's offer from Geelong.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
ss1986
Club Player

To be fair, Mav was alright there for a while. Poor man's Aaron Hamill with his tackling.

Would rather a crocked Mav Weller than Jack Newnes...... that's how low Newnes is in my estimations. If he starts Round 1, we have a serious problem.

stonecold
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 8:55am
Joffa Burns wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 6:40am I think he’s got an offer from a North on the table.
That statement just proves how little you know and are!!!!!

Nice one, Cowboy!!!!!

Flog!!!!!

You love Billy, you never stop talking about him!!!!!

Billy had an offer from Geelong, but you wouldn't know that as you are out of the loop up there in Bum Sniffa Land!!!!!

Billy will either stay at St.Kilda or retire from AFL, as I stated at the time!!!!!

Make yourself useful, go and shine your torch on the 'Big House' again, like you probably did with all the other Flogs up there last week!!!!!
Last edited by stonecold on Tue 16 Oct 2018 9:51am, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

The Suns will easily get the spoon next year. They are actually getting worse, even with all these draft picks. What was Lachie Weller thinking...

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
takeaway
Club Player

dragit wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 7:55am I had a terrible dream last night that mav was still on the list in 2019... and the round 1 side had longer, brown and mav in it.
Agree re Mav, but have no problems with the other 2. Brown is our best tall stopper, and may even become more valuable with the new rules, which may lead to more one on ones. He has done little wrong in his stint at the Saints, and is still a better bet than Austin, who needs better defensive skills. As for Longer, if he is fully fit (hasn't been for some time), he will be fine.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I really rate Longer. Get his body and mind right over summer and he will have a big year. He is a good ruckman. On a physical and body on body front, other ruckman don't enjoy playing against him.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 9:59am I really rate Longer. Get his body and mind right over summer and he will have a big year. He is a good ruckman. On a physical and body on body front, other ruckman don't enjoy playing against him.
It seems as though he’s been backed him in.

We’ll see if your faith/theclub’s faith is rewarded
Last edited by skeptic on Tue 16 Oct 2018 10:25am, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Pity he cant get a kick as well.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Or take a mark.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigred
Saintsational Legend

or anything else.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

stonecold wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 9:41am

Nice one, Cowboy!!!!!

Flog!!!!!

Billy had an offer from Geelong, but you wouldn't know that as you are out of the loop up there in Bum Sniffa Land!!!!!

Billy will either stay at St.Kilda or retire from AFL, as I stated at the time!!!!!

Make yourself useful, go and shine your torch on the 'Big House' again, like you probably did with all the other Flogs up there last week!!!!!
Never stop talking? I’m not the one who loves Hickey so much I have to make references to him on my signature.

You’re a hypocrite.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
stonecold
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 10:29am

Nice one, Cowboy!!!!!

Flog!!!!!

Never stop talking? I’m not the one who loves Hickey so much I have to make references to him on my signature.

You’re a hypocrite.
No mention of Tom's name in my signature, never has been, just a number, like you!!!!!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

stonecold wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 10:33am

Nice one, Cowboy!!!!!

Flog!!!!!

You’re a hypocrite.
No mention of Tom's name in my signature, never has been, just a number, like you!!!!!
So it must be another No. 1 who is also think is ordinary?

Billy had an offer? Strange that you seem to be the only one in Victoria who knew anything about it.

You act like a child when you get your nose out of joint.

Take a chill pill.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 9:59am I really rate Longer. Get his body and mind right over summer and he will have a big year. He is a good ruckman. On a physical and body on body front, other ruckman don't enjoy playing against him.
It seems as though he’s been backed him in.

We’ll see if your faith/theclub’s faith is rewarded
But still uncontracted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
stonecold
SS Life Member

SydneySainter wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 1:38pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 10:33am

Nice one, Cowboy!!!!!

Flog!!!!!

You’re a hypocrite.
So it must be another No. 1 who is also think is ordinary?

Billy had an offer? Strange that you seem to be the only one in Victoria who knew anything about it.

You act like a child when you get your nose out of joint.

Take a chill pill.
As stated, Billy had/has an offer, you know different, do you?????

The way I see it, you stated (you know who' name), not me, I stated #1!!!!!

As for Nose's out of joint, mine is fine, but have adjusted many others throughout my life!!!!!

Thankfully the old #1 is gone, thus the overpaid salary with him!!!!!

Move along, as those in 'the know' have!!!!!

Pills may be your thing, not mine, not even Chill Pills as you say!!!!! ;)

chico2001
Club Player

bulls***....he is no good. Cant get a kick, cant handball, never taken an overhead mark in his life and puts on feeble shepherds for the small blokes...Played one good game in 3 years. But he has a few bitches on here who who keep supporting and pumping him up. let some of the bitches who keep supporting him go back and watch some of his games.....fkn useless. Would rather not have a ruckman if he was it.

Flagless
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 9:30am To be fair, Mav was alright there for a while. Poor man's Aaron Hamill with his tackling.

Would rather a crocked Mav Weller than Jack Newnes...... that's how low Newnes is in my estimations. If he starts Round 1, we have a serious problem.
I have news for you- it wont take Newnes starting in round 1 to indicate we have a serious problem- we already have a serious problem- we have the second worst list in the league and have done very little to improve it during the trade window

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 6:15pm

bulls***....he is no good. Cant get a kick, cant handball, never taken an overhead mark in his life and puts on feeble shepherds for the small blokes...Played one good game in 3 years. But he has a few bitches on here who who keep supporting and pumping him up. let some of the bitches who keep supporting him go back and watch some of his games.....fkn useless. Would rather not have a ruckman if he was it.
Grow up. I could understand your behaviour in the heat of a match or even a couple of days after a bad loss but you are just embarrassing yourself.

chico2001
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 7:33pm

Grow up. I could understand your behaviour in the heat of a match or even a couple of days after a bad loss but you are just embarrassing yourself.
How understanding of you, but I dont need it. Since when have you been appointed the moral judge on comments on here ? Keep your fat trap shut unless you have a particular comment to make about the subject. If you want to have a go at me , it can work both ways, you worm.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 8:00pm

How understanding of you, but I dont need it. Since when have you been appointed the moral judge on comments on here ? Keep your fat trap shut unless you have a particular comment to make about the subject. If you want to have a go at me , it can work both ways, you worm.
Just trying to help you out young fella, your angry tough man persona is just coming across as someone who's very young and immature and it is a mostly cringe worthy experience for anyone reading your posts I'm sure. I just thought you might benefit from knowing.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 8:18pm
chico2001 wrote: Tue 16 Oct 2018 8:00pm

Just trying to help you out young fella, your angry tough man persona is just coming across as someone who's very young and immature and it is a mostly cringe worthy experience for anyone reading your posts I'm sure. I just thought you might benefit from knowing.
Don't waste your time and energy on a Turkish Roll, nice try!!!!!