Can somebody direct me to the Saints fan site?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Can somebody direct me to the Saints fan site?

Seriously - why do I keep reading that anything positive that can possibly be said about the club I love must be delusional garbage? I follow the team and like to feel good about that. What on earth is the point of a supporters' site that is all about slagging them off? Shouldn't I go to the Magpies site for that?

There were 17 clubs that weren't the best last year. There will be 17 clubs that aren't the best next year. I'll tell you what's delusional - thinking that getting on here and dishing out foul-mouthed insults about the coach and the recruiters and the players and every other b*gger that has ever had anything to do with the running of the club since Loris was 3 is going to make a difference. The bad-mouthing does nothing but stir up bile in yourselves and all the rest of us that read it.

Come on, people - it's a game and we're here for the fun of it.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can somebody direct me to the Saints fan site?

freely wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 10:04am Seriously - why do I keep reading that anything positive that can possibly be said about the club I love must be delusional garbage? I follow the team and like to feel good about that. What on earth is the point of a supporters' site that is all about slagging them off? Shouldn't I go to the Magpies site for that?

There were 17 clubs that weren't the best last year. There will be 17 clubs that aren't the best next year. I'll tell you what's delusional - thinking that getting on here and dishing out foul-mouthed insults about the coach and the recruiters and the players and every other b*gger that has ever had anything to do with the running of the club since Loris was 3 is going to make a difference. The bad-mouthing does nothing but stir up bile in yourselves and all the rest of us that read it.

Well said mate, well said.

I too am sick of the insulting crap that is posted on here on a daily basis.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

freely wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 10:04am Seriously - why do I keep reading that anything positive that can possibly be said about the club I love must be delusional garbage? I follow the team and like to feel good about that. What on earth is the point of a supporters' site that is all about slagging them off? Shouldn't I go to the Magpies site for that?

Exactly beautifully put

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I actually think it’s more of an issue around free speech.

Around the time the scrutiny around Richo’s job was at its highest... a lot of anti-Richo posts came up.

Following that a number of forumites emerged pro-Richo.

This was fine but then what happened was the tone changed. The discussion changed to if you’re anti-Richo or critical of the Saints then you’re not a true supporter.

Now instead of discussing football it’s about positive vs negative discussion.

Even now ppl are jumping accusing one group of supporters as wanting to destroy the club.

It should be a discussion about football

Moods
Saintsational Legend

It's a forum, not a fan site. Some ppl are overly negative about everything that happens at the club, but others think being a good supporter means you support EVERYTHING that happens, when clearly there are plenty of things going wrong.

The forum is a reflection of how many supporters are feeling right now. We are only behind GC and Brisbane as the most disappointing club of the last 7 years. Our marquee draft selections have failed to deliver in Paddy and Billings and every other club has more star quality on their list than we do. How did it get to this? Why have we failed to develop any elite footballers in 7 years? Jack Steven and Carlisle are the only ones that come close to it. Even the Blues have Cripps and Curnow. We all desperately want the club to improve but if we all stand by silently then the club cops no heat for some very poor decisions. I don't think we are at risk of going under but I do think we are at risk of being relocated unless we become relevant again, and fast.

guitars4
Club Player

Moods wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 12:23pm It's a forum, not a fan site. Some ppl are overly negative about everything that happens at the club, but others think being a good supporter means you support EVERYTHING that happens, when clearly there are plenty of things going wrong.

The forum is a reflection of how many supporters are feeling right now. We are only behind GC and Brisbane as the most disappointing club of the last 7 years. Our marquee draft selections have failed to deliver in Paddy and Billings and every other club has more star quality on their list than we do. How did it get to this? Why have we failed to develop any elite footballers in 7 years? Jack Steven and Carlisle are the only ones that come close to it. Even the Blues have Cripps and Curnow. We all desperately want the club to improve but if we all stand by silently then the club cops no heat for some very poor decisions. I don't think we are at risk of going under but I do think we are at risk of being relocated unless we become relevant again, and fast.
Well said I agree 100%

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Yep.

http://m.saints.com.au
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter closely follow the website too.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't bother being on a site that only sees one side of the coin.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Yep it's a footy forum and absolutely free speech should be a key component of any forum. Negative and positive speech should rain supreme.

However irrespecticective of your posting type, if you relentlessly go on the attack of individuals at the club then that is crossing the line and is entirely different to the occasional negative feedback or maybe even the occasional emotive outburst. And by negative I mean mostly constructive, objective and measured.

Relentless postings about what you think or feel towards the club or an individual at the club is legally defined as harassment and bullying respectively. So I find it interesting that posters object to other posters constantly challenging them or thier relentless posts that are harassing the club or are bullying an individual at the club. What this suggests to me is they don't even know they are harrasing or bullying and is why it leads me to think some posters have some issues with mental health.

So by all means let's crack away, positively and negatively, because I know I have been negative in the past and I will be negative again, I will probably even be one of the first to call for Richo to go if we have lost the first 6 games in 2019, you see becsuse somewhere in my post history you will find negative comments from me, or rather constructive and measured criticisms with occasional angy rants, that are about aspects of Richo, the club and players, but they are made and I move on. I have made those points, no need to bang on about them.

While I'm at it I want to touch on another type of relentless negative comment, false claims, especially false claims that focus on an individual at the club that only serve to harrass, bully and denegrade the individuals character. The posters that engage in this type of attack also tend to draw a lynching mob and before long the false claims gain credibility as genuine fodder. Even though the claims are highlighted to the poster's as false, the attacks continue.

And what gets up my nose is these attacks are sustained on individuals that can't defend themselves. Yet you challenge these individuals and they are the first to complain about harassment or bullying or want a ceasfire.

theoracle
Club Player

Correct. The absolutely vitriolic and hysterical commentary that arises on this "forum" is incredible, just beggars belief. It is the main reason I don't check in as much as I used to. My god, if most of you had lived through the first half of the 1980s you would have slashed your wrists after shooting the five head coaches we had and blowing up the social club. It's not all doom and gloom, we are not as bad or in as bad a position as is thought. The people being positive on here are not Pollyanna's or club apologists - they just get a bit sick of the tone of the 'debate'.

The Oracle sees all, hears all, knows all.
derby Street
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 21 Oct 2018 9:45am Yep it's a footy forum and absolutely free speech should be a key component of any forum. Negative and positive speech should rain supreme.

However irrespecticective of your posting type, if you relentlessly go on the attack of individuals at the club then that is crossing the line and is entirely different to the occasional negative feedback or maybe even the occasional emotive outburst. And by negative I mean mostly constructive, objective and measured.

Relentless postings about what you think or feel towards the club or an individual at the club is legally defined as harassment and bullying respectively. So I find it interesting that posters object to other posters constantly challenging them or thier relentless posts that are harassing the club or are bullying an individual at the club. What this suggests to me is they don't even know they are harrasing or bullying and is why it leads me to think some posters have some issues with mental health.

So by all means let's crack away, positively and negatively, because I know I have been negative in the past and I will be negative again, I will probably even be one of the first to call for Richo to go if we have lost the first 6 games in 2019, you see becsuse somewhere in my post history you will find negative comments from me, or rather constructive and measured criticisms with occasional angy rants, that are about aspects of Richo, the club and players, but they are made and I move on. I have made those points, no need to bang on about them.

While I'm at it I want to touch on another type of relentless negative comment, false claims, especially false claims that focus on an individual at the club that only serve to harrass, bully and denegrade the individuals character. The posters that engage in this type of attack also tend to draw a lynching mob and before long the false claims gain credibility as genuine fodder. Even though the claims are highlighted to the poster's as false, the attacks continue.

And what gets up my nose is these attacks are sustained on individuals that can't defend themselves. Yet you challenge these individuals and they are the first to complain about harassment or bullying or want a ceasfire.
Agree 100% . Just like life, there are pessimists and there are optimists. To say that everything at the club is fantastic or that everything the club does is wrong is fanciful. Where it constantly becomes personal and spiteful/ vindictive to club employees is where things lose there way. By all means criticise (or in remote cases) praise but play the ball

shrodes
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 11:35am This was fine but then what happened was the tone changed. The discussion changed to if you’re anti-Richo or critical of the Saints then you’re not a true supporter.
No true Scotsman...