More like it

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: More like it

SaintPav wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 10:52pm
rodgerfox wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 8:35am
SaintPav wrote: Fri 19 Oct 2018 12:06pm At a glance: Assessing each club's 2018 AFL trade period
Peter Ryan

ST KILDA
The Saints are struggling to attract talent and had to offer deals no other club contemplated for Dan Hannebery and Kent. If the Saints were in denial about their list this time last year, the penny has surely dropped now.
At a glance: Off the pace.

Accurate diagnosis first, then the right cure can follow...unlike the other bs I'm reading on here.
Is it accurate?

What does the List and the clubs opinion of it, have to do with the deals they made to get players?
I believe so.

We don’t appear to be a place where players from other clubs want to come.

I would have thought that was fairly obvious.
So you agree with the negative premise of the article?

Fair enough.

But it's not accurate.

They're two very different things.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 21 Oct 2018 12:42am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 10:52pm
rodgerfox wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 8:35am
SaintPav wrote: Fri 19 Oct 2018 12:06pm At a glance: Assessing each club's 2018 AFL trade period
Peter Ryan

ST KILDA
The Saints are struggling to attract talent and had to offer deals no other club contemplated for Dan Hannebery and Kent. If the Saints were in denial about their list this time last year, the penny has surely dropped now.
At a glance: Off the pace.

Accurate diagnosis first, then the right cure can follow...unlike the other bs I'm reading on here.
Is it accurate?

What does the List and the clubs opinion of it, have to do with the deals they made to get players?
I believe so.

We don’t appear to be a place where players from other clubs want to come.

I would have thought that was fairly obvious.
So you agree with the negative premise of the article?

Fair enough.

But it's not accurate.

They're two very different things.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence”.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
CarlD
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 9:41pm
Better not read Terry Wallace's assessment of the saints trading period then.
Would this be the same Terry Wallace who expected West Coast to miss the finals in 2018? :D

chico2001
Club Player

That be the one, played in many ,many games and finals and coached Richmond and been successful on all types of media for many years...….

If I may divulge a secret, I picked the saints to win this years flag.

saintadamski
Club Player

gwiltyascharged wrote: Sat 20 Oct 2018 10:40pm
lewdogs wrote: Fri 19 Oct 2018 11:52pm
However, if you believe, as I do, that the club is clearly getting its s*** together (imo made clear by a plethora of off-season additions off the field and a clear shift in direction), then power to you as well! Why silence someone for positivity? The same negativity was coming from all angles prior to our last good run circa 2007.
2005 - 14 wins
2006 - 14 wins
2007 - 11 wins
2008 - 13 wins

Hayes, Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Ball, Goddard, Fisher, Montagna all regarded as young stars of the comp.

Are you sure you want to compare circa 2007 to 2018?
HAHAHAHAH

Comparing this list to 2007...THAT IS GOLD

DELUSION: Definition
an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument.

It's hard for many on here to accept the current state of the club, it's coach and its list.

One of the main reasons for individuals telling themselves that everything is ok, is because the alternative is an absence of hope...which would bring a darkness to their world.

I understand this - WE ALL LOVE THE SAINTS. We wouldn't all post here if we didn't....and this darkness hurts.

But I say...EMBRACE THE DARKNESS!!! Understand that everything is NOT fine...and that with this current list and coach, we are going nowhere, except the bottom.

If everyone does that, then there will finally be catalyst for change. It is only change (and I don't mean BS arbitrary delistings of Freeman and Goddard) - I mean TRUE CHANGE, that can make this club great again.

1. Geary is no captain...in fact, no AFL player
2. Armitage, Newnes, Savage, Paddie etc must be moved on
3. Younger players given the opportunity to play, and grow
4. Richo is not the right man for the job - this will inevitably play out early in the season anyway
5. Start building a culture of ruthlessness, and fierceness...both in training and game day

The good news is we CAN be great again....but we can't in our current state.

We must embrace the darkness...it's ok. It hurts, but recognising the need for change is such an essential step.

derby Street
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Sun 21 Oct 2018 2:39pm That be the one, played in many ,many games and finals and coached Richmond and been successful on all types of media for many years...….

If I may divulge a secret, I picked the saints to win this years flag.
Coached Richmond - that actually doesn't strengthen your argument too much at all. Been successful in the media - I suggest many others are miles in front. Think you should have another go :D

chico2001
Club Player

Apparently he is getting much credos for the Richmond premiership, having blooded quite a few of the current crop, inc Martin, Rance, rewoldt and Cotchin. Did I mention that he coached the W/Bulldogs into the finals at least twice. I can keep going. Be fair to say his credentials in judging the ability of a player or team and recruiting would be almost second to none.;) When he says an E it would be close to the mark.