Gubby Allan joins the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Gubby Allan joins the Saints

Why chico?
So only people like yourself can agree with each other every day and be negative about everything together? What a sad joint that would become.

This isn't the USSR, the forum is a democracy and anyone can post what they like and think. Joseph would be proud of you having the hammer and sickle tattoo on your forearm.

Anyway, thank you for giving me (and others) more motivation now to act as a positive counter balance on the forum. Plus I don't know why I don't report you for constantly using the word "flog" but petty and uncouth insults stem from those that can't accept different viewpoints or when the truth hits deepest.
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:25pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

takeaway wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 12:11pm <snip> Should the club have made no changes?
no the viewpoint of the MAJORITY was simply the club only had to make two changes:
# Coach
# A-grade big name signature

neither happened and the rest is mere window dressing - pretty as it may seem

Seeya
chico2001
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:20pm Why chico?
So only people like yourself can agree with each other every day and be negative about everything together? What a sad joint that would become.

This isn't the USSR, the forum is a democracy and anyone can post what they like and think. Joseph would be proud of you having the hammer and sickle tattoo on your forearm.

Anyway, thank you for giving me (and others) more motivation now to act as a positive counter balance on the forum. Plus I don't know why I don't report you for constantly using the word "flog" but petty and uncouth insults stem from those that can't accept different viewpoints or when the truth hits deepest.
This isn't about sadness, or any other feeble reasoning you throw up. The good thing is that now the saints have stopped recruiting we don't have to put up with your overpraise of duds. You also need to go back and read my beautiful posts and your ugly superfluous posts to find the reason I call you a flog. Calling me a nutter has no impact on me. Whats wrong with you...seriously? I have already justified my stance on your so called "positivity".

And I thank you for giving me the opportunity to take you to task in any debate regarding the St Kilda FC, especially when you submerge into the ridiculous which is often.

You cannot report the unreportable.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:20pm <snip>
the forum is a democracy and anyone can post what they like and think.
pretty much not a democracy and you cant post what you like

and lets get one thing clear
I believe that vast majority of stkilda supporters are positive and always have "hope"
but that is a very long way removed from accepting the reality of the past and being factual

Seeya
DJ Higgins
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:23pm
takeaway wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 12:11pm <snip> Should the club have made no changes?
no the viewpoint of the MAJORITY was simply the club only had to make two changes:
# Coach

I see your point but disagree.
Richo was never going to go due to financial reasons, we all know that. Probably another reason we are taking the China deal to make our loss less next year due to less bums on seats at games
A-Grade player was always going to be hard and yes we didn't land any but at least we were in the conversation which is a huge step up on previous seasons.
Not sold on all the coaches e.g. Lade but Ratten coming from under Clarkson is a huge get.
Billy Slater shoud depart his training ethic on the guys which shoudl be huge and hopefully teach them to tackle

So not a fail over all, but not a stellar outcome either

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

No, thank you for making me see the light chico.

I just realised you're always right, everyone else that disagrees with you is always wrong. How did I miss that little chestnut coming from an intellectual and educational giant of this forum. Silly me.

Thank you again for giving me the motivation to bring more and more positive news on the club on a weekly basis. It will be like a breath of fresh air to everyone's eyes, just like when the sea air hits your nostrils at a sandy beach.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
takeaway
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:23pm
# Coach

The majority of what?

takeaway
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:40pm

This isn't about sadness, or any other feeble reasoning you throw up. The good thing is that now the saints have stopped recruiting we don't have to put up with your overpraise of duds. You also need to go back and read my beautiful posts and your ugly superfluous posts to find the reason I call you a flog. Calling me a nutter has no impact on me. Whats wrong with you...seriously? I have already justified my stance on your so called "positivity".

And I thank you for giving me the opportunity to take you to task in any debate regarding the St Kilda FC, especially when you submerge into the ridiculous which is often.

He's away again.
Chico the great, holding the fort against upsurges in positivity, with his "beautiful posts" (obviously on not on SS, must be on the Pies forum), immune from being called a nutter, (heard it often), and unreportable due to unfathomability.

Not finished recruiting as yet, Chico - the draft, picks 4 etc or whatever we end up with - obvious future duds, just to help your cause.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

What a bizarre thread.

Saintly66
Club Player

HitTheBoundary wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 6:08pm What a bizarre thread.
Indeed, not sure what’s more silly...the back and forth garbage between posters or the fact I find it funny.

chico2001
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:59pm No, thank you for making me see the light chico.

I just realised you're always right, everyone else that disagrees with you is always wrong. How did I miss that little chestnut coming from an intellectual and educational giant of this forum. Silly me.

Thank you again for giving me the motivation to bring more and more positive news on the club on a weekly basis. It will be like a breath of fresh air to everyone's eyes, just like when the sea air hits your nostrils at a sandy beach.
Lovely piece of writing ted, after reading that I was even thinking of inviting you over to the dark side and tackling those nasty little "positive" suckholes. But I thought better of it and I hope you don't mind. The reason being that your followers (all 2 of them) would be totally lost on their own and may have followed you to the gloomy side. That would have taken away any worthwhile challenge for me and I am also fussy with whom I mix.

I am looking forward to your next positive news and the feeble support you get from your sycophants.

chico2001
Club Player

takeaway wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 5:27pm
chico2001 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:40pm

He's away again.
Chico the great, holding the fort against upsurges in positivity, with his "beautiful posts" (obviously on not on SS, must be on the Pies forum), immune from being called a nutter, (heard it often), and unreportable due to unfathomability.

Not finished recruiting as yet, Chico - the draft, picks 4 etc or whatever we end up with - obvious future duds, just to help your cause.
Well aware of the recruiting/draft status, pick 4's etc takeaway, I was talking about the present time.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Mr righteous has nfi when or how he is offensive and doesn't like being called out on his racist views.

Mr righteous thinks it's excelllllent to slag other people's beliefs or associate different cultures and nationalities with his own racist stereotypes...and then he reckons I need to see it HIS way.

btw...Gubby was only hiding Whitfield from his ex girlfriend

Crossy66
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 8:23pm Mr righteous has nfi when or how he is offensive and doesn't like being called out on his racist views.

Mr righteous thinks it's excelllllent to slag other people's beliefs or associate different cultures and nationalities with his own racist stereotypes...and then he reckons I need to see it HIS way.

btw...Gubby was only hiding Whitfield from his ex girlfriend
Makes it hard to understand why posters think Gubby is a scumbag for take a hit for a player. Didnt he just tell him to lay low for a few days at Lamberts house?
Hardly a hanging offence.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Crossy66 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:17pm
freely wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 3:46pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:21am No, voodoo isn't a religion (its from West Africa) and has nothing to do with Lankans.

It obviously went over fish and chips head aka Human Rights Commissioner.
I don't care much - but I think you're mistaken. I think Voodoo is a religion - and I think most practitioners of Voodoo regard it as a religion. Not sure why you would think that the fact it originates in West Africa means it's not. I forget now though what it had to do with Gubby Allan. He's a scumbag, as I understand - but I don't know if he's a religious one.
So why is gubby a scumbag?
Well, he was caught covering up for a drug cheat - and that's just what he was caught for. He called it an error of judgement and pretended he was trying to do the right thing. All great additions to the lauded Saints culture!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Oh, FFS. :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Fair call, particularly if the flog is jumping up and down celebrating it as a great appointment.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Crossy66
Club Player

freely wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 9:32am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:21am No, voodoo isn't a religion (its from West Africa) and has nothing to do with Lankans.

I don't care much - but I think you're mistaken. I think Voodoo is a religion - and I think most practitioners of Voodoo regard it as a religion. Not sure why you would think that the fact it originates in West Africa means it's not. I forget now though what it had to do with Gubby Allan. He's a scumbag, as I understand - but I don't know if he's a religious one.
Well, he was caught covering up for a drug cheat - and that's just what he was caught for. He called it an error of judgement and pretended he was trying to do the right thing. All great additions to the lauded Saints culture!
A bit of a harsh judgement i think. IIRC it had more to do with a spurned young lady. The kid had a bit going on in his private life, hes living away from home and a couple of club officials tried to look after him. Not sure that many of us wouldnt do the same. In any case, i dont think Whitfield ever tested positive and only got a 6 month ban. I reckon 17 other AFL clubs would recruit him in a heartbeat. Yet some want to give Gubby life?

Allen has been at the top of his profession for more than 30 years, and has done more good than evil , i think we should cut him some slack.
Just on your reference to "the lauded Saints culture", do you think we are worse than say a collingwood? Do you think Eddie doesnt jump on the phone to media outlets to spin a negative story? Didak, Swan, Shaw Cloke, Murray Thomas, Okeefe, Degoey etc. etc.
What about the family club? They have had their fair share of issues, most clubs have. So Saints culture to me is a media driven myth.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

If that makes him a scumbag then the world is completely f***ed and you must be the most perfect human on the planet.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Look - it wasn't me that decided he'd brought the game into disrepute. And I'm not saying he shouldn't work, I'm just sorry we couldn't do better. Also added to Lethlean, it just makes us look like a dumping ground. Re our culture, my meaning was that it's something we've been working hard to address - and (whatever everybody else is doing) this doesn't help.

Crossy66
Club Player

freely wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 11:14am Look - it wasn't me that decided he'd brought the game into disrepute. And I'm not saying he shouldn't work, I'm just sorry we couldn't do better. Also added to Lethlean, it just makes us look like a dumping ground. Re our culture, my meaning was that it's something we've been working hard to address - and (whatever everybody else is doing) this doesn't help.
I understand your point. I would just say that "bringing the game into disrepute" doesnt equate to "scumbag"
Also think that he will prove to be a terrific acquisition. Lethleans a bit the same, A consensual dalliance with a coworker is hardly unusual or a hanging offence. I have no idea of his personal circumstances so prefer not to Judge. If he does a great job for us then i am happy.
There are enough people outside our club that throw muck at us, so important we dont have our own supporters join them.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

A drug cheat who were were more than happy to have play for us I might add.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 11:14am Look - it wasn't me that decided he'd brought the game into disrepute. And I'm not saying he shouldn't work, I'm just sorry we couldn't do better. Also added to Lethlean, it just makes us look like a dumping ground. Re our culture, my meaning was that it's something we've been working hard to address - and (whatever everybody else is doing) this doesn't help.
bulls***.

minneapolis
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 4:59pm No, thank you for making me see the light chico.

I loved Sandy Beach. He was such a great actor. Him and Dusty Rhodes were in a couple of classics.

Who could forget: High and Mighty (with Big Bill Dollar) and Up There! (with Lorne Green).

Thanks for pricking my memory!!

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 6:47pm

I loved Sandy Beach. He was such a great actor. Him and Dusty Rhodes were in a couple of classics.

Who could forget: High and Mighty (with Big Bill Dollar) and Up There! (with Lorne Green).

Thanks for pricking my memory!!
I once met Lorne Green. He was on his singing/speaking tour 1964 or 65. My dad who was the local airline manager (TAA) picked him up at the airport and drove him to his hotel.

I came along for the ride. Deepest voice I have ever heard. Nice man too.