Goddard training at Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Goddard training at Blues

Good luck Hugh. Might get picked up.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard training at Blues

Good luck to him, another player Richo (and I suppose the rest of the geniuses who ended up getting the sack) absolutely butchered.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 11:30pm Good luck to him, another player Richo (and I suppose the rest of the geniuses who ended up getting the sack) absolutely butchered.
wow when did it come out that Ritcho took a razor blade to his Achilles?

ace
Saintsational Legend

We may not win the wooden spoon after all.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 11:39pm
The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Nov 2018 11:30pm Good luck to him, another player Richo (and I suppose the rest of the geniuses who ended up getting the sack) absolutely butchered.
I’d take Hugh in the lineup over Brown any day.

Just another example of a pattern of Richo playing ordinary players with no upside over young players with unknown potential (who especially should have been a priority with our season effectively being over after round 2)

If I had to choose between having Brown-Longer-Geary or Goddard-Freeman-Minchington on our list for next year,I know which way I’d go every time...

saintbob
SS Life Member

They’d be better off with Gilbert

takeaway
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 2:02am

Just another example of a pattern of Richo playing ordinary players with no upside over young players with unknown potential (who especially should have been a priority with our season effectively being over after round 2)

If I had to choose between having Brown-Longer-Geary or Goddard-Freeman-Minchington on our list for next year,I know which way I’d go every time...
So your strategy would be to go for pick 1 next year? Maybe get Howard, Templeton, Saunders, etc in again and make sure of it.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Looks like history has taught us little.
Most on here agree Lyon played average mature players like Eddy & Peake over Steven to our detriment.

Now Richo has played Brown, Mav, Longer, Hickey etc and only went for youth when forced through injuries.

I wonder if he reverts this season or returns to the old fold.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Disagree with you about Brown, he is so under rated in our back line but I have to ask what did you like about Goddard? I saw him play multiple times at Sandy and he was poor. Slow, couldn't turn quickly not amazing with his hands or feet, not bad but nothing special. He basically was big and slow with a famous surname.
Also Freeman was a mistake and I am glad he has moved on. We got him for speed and he no longer has that so he was a below average inside and we have heaps of those.
Geary shouldn't be captain and he is a fringe player at best. Runs all days goes in hard never quits but just isn't that good. Meatball doesn't have a lot of luck. Guys body let him down so out of the 3 you mentioned I'd be least surprised if he comes good and I kind of hope he does
Last edited by DJ Higgins on Tue 13 Nov 2018 8:39am, edited 1 time in total.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

And hence why you have that name on a forum and not involved at the club

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
lewdogs
Club Player

Logan Austin is lightyears ahead of Goddard and only played 7 games last year. Clavarino is also coming through. That should give a fair indication as to why Goddard was delisted and MIGHT be picked up by the worst side in the comp.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

thank god you don't work for the club!! Goddard moves likes a glacier, cannot jump at all and has the turning circle of the Queen Mary, he was struggling at Sandy. Freeman went from a super quick outside mid to a muddling paced inside mid and couldn't kick further than 40 metres because of his dodgy hammies. Minchington does have great skills, unfortunately he doesn't find the pill often enough to utilise them

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Don’t be surprised if the other Goddard turns up there. Still has something to offer IMO and they always coveted him.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Why does Richo come into this thread at all? Its becoming embarrassing this distaste for Allan. So now its Allan's fault Goddard got delisted and never played alot of senior footy....give me a f****** break. People that think this have absolutely no idea how an AFL list, player development and selection works. :roll:

4 big backs were ahead of Goddard. He was given every opportunity to play senior footy and his injuries never helped. He "might" get picked up by a club on the bottom. Good luck to him.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I would imagine “Alan” the coach has reasonable influence on matters of team selection and list management.

Hard to see why the dots wouldn’t be connected

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 9:54am thank god you don't work for the club!! Goddard moves likes a glacier, cannot jump at all and has the turning circle of the Queen Mary
Unlike Brown...
BringBackMadDog wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 9:54am Freeman went from a super quick outside mid to a muddling paced inside mid and couldn't kick further than 40 metres
Unlike the super quick long-bombing Geary...
BringBackMadDog wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 9:54am Minchington does have great skills, unfortunately he doesn't find the pill often enough to utilise them
Unlike that ball-magnet Longer...

I’d rather give the young guys a chance of possibly becoming something over playing 3 known quantities (known ordinary footballers) with no upside to them.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

"The Blues reportedly met with Goddard's management in July and all signs point towards the 196cm defender receiving a second shot at the highest level."

July, eh? Interesting.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 8:32am

Disagree with you about Brown, he is so under rated in our back line but I have to ask what did you like about Goddard? I saw him play multiple times at Sandy and he was poor. Slow, couldn't turn quickly not amazing with his hands or feet, not bad but nothing special. He basically was big and slow with a famous surname.
Also Freeman was a mistake and I am glad he has moved on. We got him for speed and he no longer has that so he was a below average inside and we have heaps of those.
Geary shouldn't be captain and he is a fringe player at best. Runs all days goes in hard never quits but just isn't that good. Meatball doesn't have a lot of luck. Guys body let him down so out of the 3 you mentioned I'd be least surprised if he comes good and I kind of hope he does
I never saw Brown do anything that I think Goddard couldn’t do. And with Goddard there was a possibility, however slim, that he could turn in to something. Why not give him a good run of 10-15 games in the firsts to see if anything ‘clicked’ once our season was over, what possible downside was there?

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Watch Brown thus year with an open.mind. Watch where he is when the ball is coming down the corridor or on the wings. He isn't quick so he puts himself in the best spots to compensate for this. Not saying he doesn't get marks taken.on him or make mistakes but he does a.lot of good, he really does and this is what needs to be taught.

He has played on quicker guys which is wrong but not his fault, he shouldn't be picked if forwards aren't monsters that's Richo brains there.

I can't defend his delivery so won't try

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Again I think the argument is balance...

I would have liked to have seen Goddard play a 3-4 games ahead of Brown to see what he could do.

It’s not like it was going to cost us a finals spot

But yes, Brown is the better player by far

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 1:53pm
BringBackMadDog wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 9:54am thank god you don't work for the club!! Goddard moves likes a glacier, cannot jump at all and has the turning circle of the Queen Mary
Unlike Brown...
BringBackMadDog wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 9:54am Freeman went from a super quick outside mid to a muddling paced inside mid and couldn't kick further than 40 metres
Unlike the super quick long-bombing Geary...
BringBackMadDog wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 9:54am Minchington does have great skills, unfortunately he doesn't find the pill often enough to utilise them
Unlike that ball-magnet Longer...

I’d rather give the young guys a chance of possibly becoming something over playing 3 known quantities (known ordinary footballers) with no upside to them.
I guarantee you that Brown is quicker than Goddard, f***, I'm 54 and quicker than him!
Geary brings far more to the table than Freezer ever will

And comparing a small mid/fwd to a ruckman is just plain stupid and shows your complete lack of footy knowledge

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 13 Nov 2018 10:21am Why does Richo come into this thread at all? Its becoming embarrassing this distaste for Allan. So now its Allan's fault Goddard got delisted and never played alot of senior footy....give me a f****** break. People that think this have absolutely no idea how an AFL list, player development and selection works. :roll:

4 big backs were ahead of Goddard. He was given every opportunity to play senior footy and his injuries never helped. He "might" get picked up by a club on the bottom. Good luck to him.
Believe it or not, Richo is not above criticism.

If the head coach wants a player to play, he plays. If a head coach wants a player on the list, the player is on the list. If the head coach doesn’t have these powers, then that says a lot about how he is rated internally at the club.

Repeatedly playing known ordinary players over unknown youngsters with potential once the season was done (about round 2 this year) is on Richo’s head.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Freeman toured Suns facilities.

Good luck to these blokes, but the fact Goddard and Freeman might only get a go at the two bottom clubs probably says alot as to why we delisted them.

Total = 1.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

lol

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.