Which footy and radio shows will you tune to in ‘19?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Which footy and radio shows will you tune to in ‘19?

Nearly seven months since our last game and nearly seven weeks til our next, what TV shows are you gonna watch for season 2019. Being O/S I rely on bits and pieces uploaded to YT. Footy Classified was a favorite but the uploads vanished mid-2018 and Zso I watched Talking Footy.

What are your opinions of the various footy shows on TV and on radio for that matter, from where a Saint overseas can catch comments about the Saints games and players etc.?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Which footy and radio shows will you tune to in ‘19?

AFL 360 and 3AW for radio coverage are what i'll be tuning into when the season starts.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Sunil_saint
Club Player

I have now retired to Sri Lanka after 35 years in Australia and 25 years following Saints . Lucky to have discovered "Watch AFL"....costs around $180\year. Has All the regular shows : Afl 360 , on Couch etc . In addition ABC Australia (International ) broadcasts all AFL games ...in fact just saw the women's games this w/end .

Otherwise I have no choice if I am keen to watch . I will be in Melbourne just for 2 weeks in March and should catch 2 games opening round :D

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely nothing that Richardson appears on - the guy is so simple it makes my stomach churn to watch him represent our club.

Premium89
Club Player

AFL 360 - got the digital pass so I can watch it and all the Fox footy programs online, 5 bucks a month. Being interstate without without a Foxtel subscription means I’ll often stream the radio calls, usually triple M or ABC depending on who’s calling the game.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Sunil_saint wrote: Sun 03 Feb 2019 9:56pm I have now retired to Sri Lanka after 35 years in Australia and 25 years following Saints . Lucky to have discovered "Watch AFL"....costs around $180\year. Has All the regular shows : Afl 360 , on Couch etc . In addition ABC Australia (International ) broadcasts all AFL games ...in fact just saw the women's games this w/end .

Otherwise I have no choice if I am keen to watch . I will be in Melbourne just for 2 weeks in March and should catch 2 games opening round :D
Sri Lanka!
Great.
Perhaps I can see ABC (International) in Japan too?
I am really curious about Sri Lanka and if you can use get a pension from Aus there? Thinking of coming back to Aus but so, so expensive to live there now.
I would like to watch Footy Classified if possible and I hope the person uploading to Youtube continues this year. Seemed to stop mud way through last year.
I never imaged I could actually watch games from Japan. I hope it is true about the ABC thing.

About Richo, yes, I guess it wasn't the most inspiring but I can't really imagine any fan wanting to watch the coach of their team spewing up generic platitudes for a TV show like 360. Especially if it is a regular gig. Footy Classified gets some genuine moments amongst all its BS, as visitors lash out...Steve Silvagne etc.,

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Only going to watch one show for ALL of my St Kilda news - The Winners - each and every week for 25 weeks!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 04 Feb 2019 12:00am Absolutely nothing that Richardson appears on - the guy is so simple it makes my stomach churn to watch him represent our club.
Our manager at work (installed about a year ago) is also like Richo - very uninspiring which doesn’t motivate you at all. Nearly all staff hate or don’t respect her as a result, plus can’t be trusted as there isn’t open two way communication. I reckon similar problems lie at our club with Richo and why he is being pushed firmly sideways with Ratts and Billy aboard to improve morale and coheasiveness.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sun 10 Feb 2019 9:22am Our manager at work....also like Richo - very uninspiring which doesn’t motivate you at all. Nearly all staff hate or don’t respect her as a result, plus can’t be trusted as there isn’t open two way communication.
My boss is the same as yours in that respect. He deliberately wears a, “leave me alone, ask at your own peril” kind of look on his face. It is his defense. However, unlike most places of employment, in my field, almost nobody wants a promotion. They dread it and many adopt a “minimalist” posture. “Don’t ask me” . It is a wag of mitigating and hedging against being manipulated by staff. One tactic they use is to immediately relay your question higher up the chain, thus warning you that they are not open for business and that you wear the cost of your own ambitions and misssteps. I can’t blame them really.

However, I don’t think Richo is in that category. I think he wants, genuinely, or at least really wanted, to have a red hot crack at this caper. It is just so lame to hear his measured tones especially as he is already measured by nature, at least externally. I think an assistant coach or former coaching director like Malthouse or Parkin would be better in this 360 role. And then you have the loose cannon and unpredictable rabble that is Robbo coming at you. Surely that is an even greater incentive to be on guard and press DIVE underwater fast in the control tower off Richis head. It was awful enough with Robbo as is, but poor richo couldn’t win.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107