Hannebery on reduced workload following hamstring setback

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hannebery on reduced workload following hamstring setback

I've been told by an ITK DH will be completey physically broken down and retired by round 6

stonecold
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:17am I've been told by an ITK DH will be completey physically broken down and retired by round 6

haha, I think your ITK is a fraud!!!!!

😁😁😁😁😁

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 5:51am
To the top wrote: Tue 12 Feb 2019 11:03pm Hannebery is 27
Turns 28 on 24 February 2019.
Still makes him 27 Joffa, however is turning 28!!!!!

📯📯📯📯📯

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:17am I've been told by an ITK DH will be completey physically broken down and retired by round 6
Does that mean we get a refund :-)

stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:14pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:14am Not much fun here anymore!!!!! 😞
Pipe down ya muppet!

:wink:

<breaches the no commentary on poster rule - one day ban applied>
I didn't take offence, harsh rule!!!!!

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 12 Feb 2019 10:47pm It does make sense Joffa. I was referring to Hamill and Gehrig when they began their career at the Saints (not their careers before the Saints).

Gehrig for example had massive foot problems in his 1st year at the Saints and was playing fb from memory. Hamill had his fair share of problems too. They both became valuable contributers over the seasons - also off field.

Point is, Dan H has had a slight hiccup or two and even if his 1st season doesn't turn out well he still has another 4 years from 2020 to have a big and lasting impact at the Saints just like Hamill and Gehrig did (irrespective of age).
Your comparison at every level is floored by the numbers.

Gehrig had plantar fascia issues as did Rob Harvey, but still played 20 games in 2001 in his first season at the saints. Hamill played 22 games in 2001 in his first season at the saints.

Hannebury will be 28 before he plays his first JLT game if he gets on the park for that series.
He has played 208 games and his last two seasons have shown a dramatic decline in his output and were reportedly marred with soft tissue injuries. Furthermore he has started under a cloud with two injury concerns. This may mean nothing or something, who knows, I have no clue whether he'll be a gun or a bust?

Gehig was 24 when recruited and entering his prime.
Hamill was 23 and entering his prime.
Both had better careers as saints than they did in their previous clubs.

Will Hannebery have a better career at Saints than Swans?
I hope so as he'll be a 4 X AA saint if he does.

Your comparison of Hannebery recruitment with Hamil & Gehrig is ludicrous in my humble opinion and the justification with Gehrig & Hamills first season totally inaccurate.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Are you allowed to say that?

Brave New World.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:11pm Are you allowed to say that?

Brave New World.
You aren't allowed to state facts now on here?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:39pm

Brave New World.
You are. You just cant mention the name of the person talking through their ass.

guitars4
Club Player

This is a storm in a tea cup I never wanted to get the mod involved. I objected to being accused of trolling & that's all it was. I didn't know the rules either & I had of known that using the word offended would have meant someone could get banned for a day or I would have chosen my words more carefully. I'm thick skinned & passionate about the St.Kilda Football Club & if you don't agree with my posts I am more than happy to be criticized as I would do the same if I objected to a post I don't agree with. As I have stated on many occasions this is a forum we all see things from a different perspective it doesn't mean its right but definitely doesn't mean its wrong & I aint no Troll :wink:

guitars4
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:29pm

Brave New World.
You are. You just cant mention the name of the person talking through their ass.
I don't think I was talking out my ass as I think what I said was pretty solid obviously you don't agree but that's your opinion I can live with that . Have a nice day :)

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:02pm

Brave New World.
I don't think I was talking out my ass as I think what I said was pretty solid obviously you don't agree but that's your opinion I can live with that . Have a nice day :)
Now now. I wasnt talking to, or about, you. It was a general observation. But while you're listening and reasserting your opinion, I wonder if you would amuse me with an answer to this question. After Hamill had played 58 games in 3 years at St.kilda, has clearly become one of our best players, was made Captain and we were enjoying unprecedented high draft picks, what sort of deal would you have given him?

guitars4
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:28pm

Brave New World.
Now now. I wasnt talking to, or about, you. It was a general observation. But while you're listening and reasserting your opinion, I wonder if you would amuse me with an answer to this question. After Hamill had played 58 in games in 3 years at St.kilda, has clearly become one of our best players, was made Captain and we were enjoying unprecedented high draft picks, what sort of deal would you have given him?
Definitely not a 5 year deal .I don't think long term contracts do the club or the player any favors. Three year max then if circumstances change then maybe a 2 year extension if warranted . Hamill was a good player but he was a human wrecking ball he never had longevity so to sign him on a 5 year deal IMO only was stupid & I say the same of Dan Haneberry 5 years is just plain silly but again IMO only. I don't expect or want people to agree with me I just call it as I see it that's it .

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:52pm This is a storm in a tea cup I never wanted to get the mod involved. I objected to being accused of trolling & that's all it was. I didn't know the rules either & I had of known that using the word offended would have meant someone could get banned for a day or I would have chosen my words more carefully. I'm thick skinned & passionate about the St.Kilda Football Club & if you don't agree with my posts I am more than happy to be criticized as I would do the same if I objected to a post I don't agree with. As I have stated on many occasions this is a forum we all see things from a different perspective it doesn't mean its right but definitely doesn't mean its wrong & I aint no Troll :wink:
In all fairness, I believe you.
I still stand by my declaration that I did not call you a troll. I thought I was defending Hamill and the clubs decision to reward his loyalty and efforts. I was frustrated by the notion that his dealings with St.Kilda were seen as an errant lesson to be learnt from.
His demise, coming from my perspective and I was fortunate enough to play amateur senior football for 23 years and watched lots of great footballers go down early, was a tradgedy and it looked like an attack on Ted's example at Aaron's and the Clubs expense.
At 26, he was a lock to be a 250 - 300 game player. 5 years, lock him in. When his body failed prematurely, he asked to be traded, when medical advise pointed out that he was beyond repair and of no value, he retired. He is also still here.

guitars4
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:01am
guitars4 wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:52pm This is a storm in a tea cup I never wanted to get the mod involved. I objected to being accused of trolling & that's all it was. I didn't know the rules either & I had of known that using the word offended would have meant someone could get banned for a day or I would have chosen my words more carefully. I'm thick skinned & passionate about the St.Kilda Football Club & if you don't agree with my posts I am more than happy to be criticized as I would do the same if I objected to a post I don't agree with. As I have stated on many occasions this is a forum we all see things from a different perspective it doesn't mean its right but definitely doesn't mean its wrong & I aint no Troll :wink:
In all fairness, I believe you.
I still stand by my declaration that I did not call you a troll. I thought I was defending Hamill and the clubs decision to reward his loyalty and efforts. I was frustrated by the notion that his dealings with St.Kilda were seen as an errant lesson to be learnt from.
His demise, coming from my perspective and I was fortunate enough to play amateur senior football for 23 years and watched lots of great footballers go down early, was a tradgedy and it looked like an attack on Ted's example at Aaron's and the Clubs expense.
At 26, he was a lock to be a 250 - 300 game player. 5 years, lock him in. When his body failed prematurely, he asked to be traded, when medical advise pointed out that he was beyond repair and of no value, he retired. He is also still here.
As I said storm in a tea cup no bad blood from me I'll move on as I'm sure you will too

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:52pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:28pm

Brave New World.
Now now. I wasnt talking to, or about, you. It was a general observation. But while you're listening and reasserting your opinion, I wonder if you would amuse me with an answer to this question. After Hamill had played 58 in games in 3 years at St.kilda, has clearly become one of our best players, was made Captain and we were enjoying unprecedented high draft picks, what sort of deal would you have given him?
Definitely not a 5 year deal .I don't think long term contracts do the club or the player any favors. Three year max then if circumstances change then maybe a 2 year extension if warranted . Hamill was a good player but he was a human wrecking ball he never had longevity so to sign him on a 5 year deal IMO only was stupid & I say the same of Dan Haneberry 5 years is just plain silly but again IMO only. I don't expect or want people to agree with me I just call it as I see it that's it .
Fair reasoning. But he left one of the most successful clubs at 23 because he was undervalued. Gehrig was the same. Had he stayed fit, his market value at 29 would have been astronomical in a team that had several developing stars. No risk no reward. These types of deals working have made good clubs great. We may have won 3 flags in 11 years had he stayed fit. After the Grant Thomas era, Lyon virtually took over the recruiting and development and was overwhelmingly risk aversive and one dimensional. We now lament the full impact of that.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 11 Feb 2019 4:28pm

Glad the fitness staff tailor a program to an individual these days
You do realise that tailored fitness programs have been the norm since Harvey used to overtrain with extra private work that he did off his own bat as he often considered that he had not trained hard enough with just the club work?
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 11 Feb 2019 4:28pm instead of flogging them until they break like the old days.
And when exactly was this? There was a period in the GT days when soft tissue injuries were rife, but that had naught to do with over-training and everything to do with the wrong type of training.

The old training methods in the main were just not efficient. Modern training methods means that players get fit better in shorter time.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
asiu
Saintsational Legend

When his body failed prematurely, he asked to be traded, when medical advise pointed out that he was beyond repair and of no value, he retired. He is also still here.
and on retiring , freed the club from further expense ?
(contract wise)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 1:02am
When his body failed prematurely, he asked to be traded, when medical advise pointed out that he was beyond repair and of no value, he retired. He is also still here.
and on retiring , freed the club from further expense ?
(contract wise)
Im unaware of the details. Contract wise, you would assume he would be forwarded some compensation for his losses due to his workplace injuries. It does seem that a mutually satisfying agreement was reached.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Round 19 2005. Just before Hamill got injured.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:16am
Pipe down ya muppet!

Yep, what an absolute joke.

If anyone was up for a little bit of harmless banter I knew it would be you Stoney. It was obvious my tongue was well and truly in my cheek.

A big thanks to those few who are ruining this place for the rest of us. Good job guys.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:12pm
stonecold wrote: Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:16am
Pipe down ya muppet!

Yep, what an absolute joke.

If anyone was up for a little bit of harmless banter I knew it would be you Stoney. It was obvious my tongue was well and truly in my cheek.

A big thanks to those few who are ruining this place for the rest of us. Good job guys.
You and I don't always agree Dudley, but I couldn't agree more on this occasion, with both this post and your statement at the bottom of your page!!!!! I am really sad to be honest!!!!!

R.I.P. indeed, will miss our banter!!!!! 🙁

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Just wondering if anyone has watched any training and can give any sort of update on how Hannebery is tracking after his setback. I received a smartarse text message today from a mate claiming certain things about our newest recruit and I'd like to shut him up.....

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Moods wrote: Mon 18 Feb 2019 8:18pm Just wondering if anyone has watched any training and can give any sort of update on how Hannebery is tracking after his setback. I received a smartarse text message today from a mate claiming certain things about our newest recruit and I'd like to shut him up.....
yeah hes doing laps - following the white line

Seeya
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Hearring the same rumours about him running laps around the white line... please tell me this isn’t true