Nauseated

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Nauseated

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:53pm I am just bewildered. If this was ANY other club, they’d be screaming from the rooftops.

WHY do we just continue to put up with it?

Richo’s resigning, selection policy, the Hannebery rort... it all stinks to high heaven of short term ass covering/job saving/corruption. Of course no one can definitely say it is for fear of being banned... but any good ethics policy in business means that even something “perceived” is a real issue.
Who's screaming from the rooftops?

axcellence
Club Player

Clearly... the OP wASN’t there in the 80s when saints were getting beltings... (I wasn’t there to witness it either ):)

How dare the OP expect anything from the club’s administration

/sarcasm

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

A win is a win. Yep, it wasn't great or perfect but it's a win and a step forward. Rd 1 is dangerous for any favourite as proven by the results this weekend.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I think Richo should have been sacked half way through last year, and I think his sacking is inevitable. I think the club is going nowhere with him (as the last 5 years has shown) so the quicker we move on the better.

This means I’m torn watching games, as a win is what I obviouslywant to see, but I also want to see Richo gone, which will happen a lot quicker if we lose...

The powers that be have been shown to be gutless, so if their hand needs to be forced so be it.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I am repeating this for those who need to find the 'positives from today-
Perspective : Kudos Saints

one alternative

or another- Letting Freo win?

I have a suggestion for some of you.

https://www.positivityblog.com/how-to-stay-positive/

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ss1986
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:40pm I think Richo should have been sacked half way through last year, and I think his sacking is inevitable. I think the club is going nowhere with him (as the last 5 years has shown) so the quicker we move on the better.

This means I’m torn watching games, as a win is what I obviouslywant to see, but I also want to see Richo gone, which will happen a lot quicker if we lose...

The powers that be have been shown to be gutless, so if their hand needs to be forced so be it.
Totally agree - the two completely irrelevant wins against the Suns by a collective winning margin of 3 points, will ultimately cost us a few years of redeveloping under a decent coach.

I would far rather we have lost both of those games for the long term good.... not every win is relevant. At the end of the day, in the words of Ricky Bobby’s Dad - if you aint first, youre last.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Our club is easily the worst run = with Suns. We absolutely won’t have success until this is rectified.. that’s a fact. There is a reason the successful club on field nowadays are the most successful and professional off the field

Crossy66
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:45pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:40pm I think Richo should have been sacked half way through last year, and I think his sacking is inevitable. I think the club is going nowhere with him (as the last 5 years has shown) so the quicker we move on the better.

Totally agree - the two completely irrelevant wins against the Suns by a collective winning margin of 3 points, will ultimately cost us a few years of redeveloping under a decent coach.

I would far rather we have lost both of those games for the long term good.... not every win is relevant. At the end of the day, in the words of Ricky Bobby’s Dad - if you aint first, youre last.
Fascinating view. I have never met a saints supporter that thinks like this. Probably still havent.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:57pm Our club is easily the worst run = with Suns. We absolutely won’t have success until this is rectified.. that’s a fact. There is a reason the successful club on field nowadays are the most successful and professional off the field
?

Are you able to explain that? Or provide some evidence of that?

ss1986
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:58pm

Fascinating view. I have never met a saints supporter that thinks like this. Probably still havent.
I don’t understand how people DON’T think this way.... what good is a win now to simply paper over the cracks that Stevie Wonder can see?

ss1986
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 9:03pm
mightysainters wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:57pm Our club is easily the worst run = with Suns. We absolutely won’t have success until this is rectified.. that’s a fact. There is a reason the successful club on field nowadays are the most successful and professional off the field
?

Collingwood fixed their administration, won a flag
Sydney fixed their administration, won flags
Geelong fixed their administration, won flags
Richmond fixed their administration, won a flag
Hawthorn..... dont even need to be mentioned.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 9:03pm
?

Are you being facetious? Check the past 5 years decisions by our club and tell me this isn’t a fact... our admin is a legit rabble

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Did you enjoy watching Nick Riewoldt, one of the greatest, if not the greatest St.kilda player of all time and six time best and fairest winner ?
How do you think St.kilda were able to secure his services ?

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
Crossy66
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 9:16pm

I don’t understand how people DON’T think this way.... what good is a win now to simply paper over the cracks that Stevie Wonder can see?
Do you really think "a win" papers over anything?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

It was a s*** win.

If there is such a thing, this was it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I remember not wanting to win back in early 2000’s when priority picks were up for grabs.

I think it was less than 5 wins at the time.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:32pm Nauseated by the faux ‘positivity’ of scraping past the Suns yet again.

Deadset, how far do we have to stoop before we realise we are going nowhere fast?

“Oh youre a sad sack, oh its Round 1, oh Hannebery will be the saviour” yaddah yaddah.

What an absolute crock of sh*te.

This club is run by a bunch of thieves and supported by a bunch of lovely people....too lovely, who demand nothing and ultimately get NOTHING in return.
You’re welcome to find another team if you want. We don’t need you.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Crossy66
Club Player

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 9:27pm

Did you enjoy watching Nick Riewoldt, one of the greatest, if not the greatest St.kilda player of all time and six time best and fairest winner ?
How do you think St.kilda were able to secure his services ?
Your point was you want the saints to lose games so we sack the coach. What does that have to do with nick R?
Different arguement, that would be tanking you're getting confused with

GilsAuPair
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:29pm
ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:35pm
twirlyhair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:33pm Your welcome to find another team if you like. We don't need you.
Classic Saints fan’s response. How dare ANYONE actually question this club and demand accountability?

It’s only been 53 years....
To be fair, you didn't question the club and demand accountability - you just had a whinge.

The club is in a funk, no doubt. But in an 18 team comp with a draft, a salary cap, and a revenue driven fixture - you can't click your fingers and be awesome overnight.

I'm all for the bagging the club, no issue with that at all. But highlighting errors doesn't mean s***, unless there was something specific they should have done instead.

Like picking McCartin. Disaster.

Really?

Petracca is no world beater. So although Paddy has turned out to be a complete waste of a no. 1 pick, is it really that big an error?

We recruited Hannebury on big dough. So what? Is he dead? No.
Did it cost us another player? No.

The alternative as it stands, is that we simply don't have him, and instead are overpaying some spuds currently on our list.

When put in context, it actually isn't really tantrum worthy.
Who says we had to pick Petracca either?
This seems to be accepted logic based on what? The media? Online phantom drafts? Hindsight AFTER he was picked 2?
If we just copy the media or phantom drafts why bother with paid recruiters? Just copy the phantom draft.

Why couldnt we have selected Angus Brayshaw or JDG?

I really dont understand this 'accepted order' thing when it comes to the draft. There is no accepted order until AFTER the draft. It is pure hindsightery.

There is no reason we couldnt have gone for AB or JDG at the time. None.

And lets be honest. At least Petracca actually plays. He gets on the park. That's a good start.

DH and PM cant even get on the park.

Also we gave up our 2019 2nd round pick for DH.

Plus opportunity cost - why couldnt we get a better and younger and healthier player for that kind of money?
E.g. Brisbane got Lachie Neale. He is a gun. They got Charlie Cameron last season. A gun.
Last edited by GilsAuPair on Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I was listening to my brother in law talking to his wife about social media and why he does not want any part of it.

He said social media is filled with bent individuals who get their kicks going on opposition forums pretending to be a supporter but whose basic intent is to try to tear the club down.

Just saying. Not that I think that would happen here :shock: .

Crossy66
Club Player

GilsAuPair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:00pm
rodgerfox wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:29pm
ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:35pm
twirlyhair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:33pm Your welcome to find another team if you like. We don't need you.
Classic Saints fan’s response. How dare ANYONE actually question this club and demand accountability?

It’s only been 53 years....
To be fair, you didn't question the club and demand accountability - you just had a whinge.

The club is in a funk, no doubt. But in an 18 team comp with a draft, a salary cap, and a revenue driven fixture - you can't click your fingers and be awesome overnight.

I'm all for the bagging the club, no issue with that at all. But highlighting errors doesn't mean s***, unless there was something specific they should have done instead.

Like picking McCartin. Disaster.

Really?

Petracca is no world beater. So although Paddy has turned out to be a complete waste of a no. 1 pick, is it really that big an error?

We recruited Hannebury on big dough. So what? Is he dead? No.
Did it cost us another player? No.

The alternative as it stands, is that we simply don't have him, and instead are overpaying some spuds currently on our list.

When put in context, it actually isn't really tantrum worthy.
Who says we had to pick Petracca either?
This seems to be accepted logic based on what? The media? Online phantom drafts? Hindsight AFTER he was picked 2?
If we just copy the media or phantom drafts why bother with paid recruiters? Just copy the phantom draft.

Why couldnt we have selected Angus Brayshaw or JDG?

I really dont understand this 'accepted order' thing when it comes to the draft. There is no accepted order until AFTER the draft. It is pure hindsightery.

There is no reason we couldnt have gone for AB or JDG at the time. None.

And lets be honest. At least Petracca actually plays. He gets on the park. That's a good start.

DH and PM cant even get on the park.

Also we gave up our 2019 2nd round pick for DH.

Plus opportunity cost - why couldnt we get a better and younger and healthier player for that kind of money?
E.g. Brisbane got Lachie Neale. He is a gun. They got Charlie Cameron last season. A gun.
Everyone had petracca at 1. The paddy haters on ss have been holding up petracca as the missed messiah for 4 years. Truth is, he isnt top 10.
No point trying to rewrite history.
As for lachie neal and cameron, thevproblem is we can only recruit players that want to actually play for us.

Greg T
Club Player

GC,north,Essenscum,Carlton feel a lot more nauseated than any of us,
Jesus we won FFS

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
ss1986
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:05pm I was listening to my brother in law talking to his wife about social media and why he does not want any part of it.

He said social media is filled with bent individuals who get their kicks going on opposition forums pretending to be a supporter but whose basic intent is to try to tear the club down.

Born a Saint since 1986. Experienced my fair share of ups and downs over that time - including being bullied by my cousins who are Blues supporters whilst I was just a kid in the early to mid 90s.

No troll here - just completely had it with the club’s administration.... who are really just individuals who are likely not, nor ever will be, emotionally attached to St.Kilda and its past.

Crossy66
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:20pm
saynta wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:05pm I was listening to my brother in law talking to his wife about social media and why he does not want any part of it.

Born a Saint since 1986. Experienced my fair share of ups and downs over that time - including being bullied by my cousins who are Blues supporters whilst I was just a kid in the early to mid 90s.

No troll here - just completely had it with the club’s administration.... who are really just individuals who are likely not, nor ever will be, emotionally attached to St.Kilda and its past.
LOL

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

The football club ended up at Seaford a few years back because too many members foolishly believed the spin doctoring of the Footy First administration and swallowed the garbage they fed hook, line and sinker.

The members who voted for Footy First are responsible and complicit for the mess the club is in now.

I am in no doubt you would have voted for Footy First.

Own it, acknowledge it.

You really owe the members who did not vote for Footy First an apology.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.