A win for the True Believers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

A win for the True Believers

So proud of the club and players tonight.

They have endured so much crap of recent times, sadly mostly from thier own supporters.

I loved the passion they showed singing the club song.

With so many of the best 22 out including

Jake Carlise
Robbo
Paddy
DH

And with Jack looking like missing and playing the way he did. Just so proud.

And make no mistake about this, the selectors got it right, bringing in the 3 new guys and the way they played was astronomical.

I've been staying it for a while but our list is better than most give it credit.

We will get better and I believe we can play finals. I predict we will be 3 and 3 at the end of round 6.

A lot of really good people at the club have been working really hard since about half way through the middle of last season and they will put this win in perspective but I reckon they will be feeling very proud tonight and also have a feeling we could be seeing the signs of a good team building.

We will beat the Bombers next week.

ss1986
Club Player

Re: A win for the True Believers

PR spin at its best.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The list is fine.

GilsAuPair
Club Player

Not sure the true believers dream about beating the Suns.

The true believers believe we can win a final. That would be a win for the true believers.

Are Paddy and Robo 'best 22'?

Not sure that is realistic.

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:28pm So proud of the club and players tonight.

They have endured so much crap of recent times, sadly mostly from thier own supporters.

Jake Carlise
Robbo
Paddy
DH

And make no mistake about this, the selectors got it right, bringing in the 3 new guys and the way they played was astronomical.

I've been staying it for a while but our list is better than most give it credit.

We will get better and I believe we can play finals. I predict we will be 3 and 3 at the end of round 6.

A lot of really good people at the club have been working really hard since about half way through the middle of last season and they will put this win in perspective but I reckon they will be feeling very proud tonight and also have a feeling we could be seeing the signs of a good team building.

LOL

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
ss1986
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:28pm So proud of the club and players tonight.

Jake Carlise
Robbo
Paddy
DH

If you’ve been saying for a while “the list is better than most give it credit for”, how do you explain the underperformance?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

GilsAuPair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:34pm Not sure the true believers dream about beating the Suns.

The true believers believe we can win a final. That would be a win for the true believers.

Are Paddy and Robo 'best 22'?

Not sure that is realistic.
Robbo certainly is.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:32pm The list is fine.
Yep and I think the selectors need a pat on the back for this week, considering some of the players that weren't available for selection they had the courage to go with 3 debutants and a couple of underdone players. DMac needs a special mention, his selection shows how much high regard he is held in and I think he repaid the faith shown in spades. Could be a good year for the lad.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Jake Carlise
Robbo
Paddy
DH

Thank you for showing positivity. Won't go down well with the sad sacks on this site but thanks anyway.

<1 day ban for commenting negatively on posters>

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Yes, if you’re a f****** idiot.

<1 day ban for abusing posters>

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:40pm

Jake Carlise
Robbo
Paddy
DH

If you’ve been saying for a while “the list is better than most give it credit for”, how do you explain the underperformance?
I'm all about the people at the club who care about working hard to improve and get the best out themselves and improve. I think everyone that works for and plays for the club will be satisfied they have round one out of the way with a win after the challenges they have had to overcome in the past few weeks.

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:54pm I'm all about the people at the club who care about working hard to improve and get the best out themselves and improve. I think everyone that works for and plays for the club will be satisfied they have round one out of the way with a win after the challenges they have had to overcome in the past few weeks.
Some of those challenges have been self inflicted and the direct result of total incompetence and mind blowing stupidity by those "people at the club" you are all about.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Good post Cairnsman. I don't think we will make the 8 but I would love to be surprised. It is the true though, the club has responded strongly to the criticism of the past couple of weeks and all the soft bandwagoners that have jumped on it.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Perspective : Kudos Saints

one alternative

or another- Letting Freo win?

I have a suggestion for some of you.

https://www.positivityblog.com/how-to-stay-positive/

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:45pm
Yep and I think the selectors need a pat on the back for this week, considering some of the players that weren't available for selection they had the courage to go with 3 debutants and a couple of underdone players. DMac needs a special mention, his selection shows how much high regard he is held in and I think he repaid the faith shown in spades. Could be a good year for the lad.
Disagree.

For whatever reason, the selection over the past 3 years has been very...well...safe.

Clark should be playing. And there has to be exceptional reasoning for Marshall to not be playing.

Some 'selection integrity' s*** is just utter guff.

guitars4
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 8:35pm Good post Cairnsman. I don't think we will make the 8 but I would love to be surprised. It is the true though, the club has responded strongly to the criticism of the past couple of weeks and all the soft bandwagoners that have jumped on it.
So who are the soft bandwagoners & who has jumped on it :?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 9:01pm
Disagree.

For whatever reason, the selection over the past 3 years has been very...well...safe.

Clark should be playing. And there has to be exceptional reasoning for Marshall to not be playing.

I trust the professionals know what they are doing and the win suggests they knew what they were doing.

guitars4
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 9:40pm
rodgerfox wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 9:01pm
Disagree.

I trust the professionals know what they are doing and the win suggests they knew what they were doing.
All due respect mate but we beat a struggling team by 1 point & as much as I'm glad we won I didn't see a hell of a lot of professionalism for either team

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Jake Carlise
Robbo
Paddy
DH

Nice to get a win, but some perspective please.

Scraped in by a point against last years second bottom team who lost 4 of their best 6 players from last year including bookend co-captains and topped up with a bunch of VFL standard players.

Hope you are correct RE the Bombers next week 👍

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 9:40pm I trust the professionals know what they are doing and the win suggests they knew what they were doing.
LOL

GilsAuPair
Club Player

I dont get the negative v positive thing.

For example

You might have someone who believes Richo isnt the best long term coach available. Just an opinion. Not outrageous.

This person might believe the following:

Option 1 - Keep Richo - Win 20 games out of the next 50.

Option 2 - Replace Richo - Win 30 of the next 50 games.

If this supporter prefers option 2 - does that make them not a true supporter? Not a 'real Sainter'?

Sure it is just an opinion and nobody can predict the future. But wanting option 2 (more wins) is not an anti-Saints opinion. The person actually wants more wins.

So calling someone with a different opinion about something noone actually knows ' not a true Sainter' seems a bit harsh and uncalled for.
Last edited by GilsAuPair on Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:21pm, edited 3 times in total.

Crossy66
Club Player

GilsAuPair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:13pm I dont get the negative v positive thing.

For example

You might have someone who believes Richo isnt the best long term coach available. An opinion. Not outrageous.

This person might believe the following:

Option 1 - Keep Richo - Win 20 games out of the next 50.

Option 2 - Replace Richo - Win 30 of the next 50 games.

If this supporter prefers option 2 - does that make them not a true supporter?

Sure it is an opinion and nobody can predict the future. But wanting option 2 (more wins) is not an anti Saints opinion. The person actually wants more wins.
No

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I was not aware of it, but appreciate the effort of the team and the gesture of dedicating the win to me.......thanks boys...!!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

No. It doesn't work like that. Everyone had us as the heavy favourites

We were playing at home and we were expected to win. We also got a huge advantage during the game when they got those injuries

It's good to win and I'm happy for the players...but "A win for the True Believers" my arse

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

More like a win for the truly delusional.