Nauseated

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

Re: Nauseated

saynta wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 11:05am
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:24pm
saynta wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:05pm I was listening to my brother in law talking to his wife about social media and why he does not want any part of it.

He said social media is filled with bent individuals who get their kicks going on opposition forums pretending to be a supporter but whose basic intent is to try to tear the club down.

Just saying. Not that I think that would happen here :shock: .
The football club ended up at Seaford a few years back because too many members foolishly believed the spin doctoring of the Footy First administration and swallowed the garbage they fed hook, line and sinker.

The members who voted for Footy First are responsible and complicit for the mess the club is in now.

I am in no doubt you would have voted for Footy First.

Own it, acknowledge it.

You really owe the members who did not vote for Footy First an apology.
Nope. Never voted for Footy First. And was pissed off we moved to Seaford. Who owes who an apology?
I sincerely apologise to you.

I was trying to emphasise the point that sometimes people in power make incompetent decisions and should be held to account.

I see many supporters who seemingly worship and defend paid corporate stooges in positions of power at football clubs like they are rock stars.
These corporate movers and shakers employed by St.kilda in many instances have never followed St.kilda in their life and have no real passion for the club.
They primarily are looking after themselves above anything else and sometimes they make horrendous decisions and are not held to account.

St.kilda supporters who see through their spin doctoring and corporate schtick and call them out on it are then labelled as trolls, opposition supporters, supporters who should go and follow another club and are viewed as being somehow disloyal.
My grandfather and great grandfather were St.kilda supporters as far back as when the club was in the VFA in the 1800's and my father has followed St.kilda for around 80 years.
I am a St.kilda supporter and yet I and others often get labelled as not being real supporters because we have the supposed temerity to question what are sometimes incompetent and idiotic decisions by corporates who are only temporarily in these positions as employees of the St.kilda Football Club to further their own individual corporate careers.

The move to Seaford was insane.
I had a conversation with the vice president in 2008 and warned him he was making a huge mistake if the board went ahead with that nonsense.
Archie Fraser gave a power point presentation to the Footy First administration which convinced them the move to Seaford was a winner.
I knew it would be futile but nonetheless had a private meeting with Archie Fraser in the offices of Metricon ( which I secretly recorded ) in an attempt to put forward alternatives to a move to Frankston which became Seaford, which I told him would be a disaster.
Archie Fraser had no passion for St.kilda, he had passion for Archie Fraser.

The corporates get away with spin doctoring and snake oil because members don't question their decision making and play along in a game of Simple Simon.

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Seaford is finished. Time to move on. We are back at Moorabbin.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 12:23pm
saynta wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:05pm I was listening to my brother in law talking to his wife about social media and why he does not want any part of it.

He said social media is filled with bent individuals who get their kicks going on opposition forums pretending to be a supporter but whose basic intent is to try to tear the club down.

The football club ended up at Seaford a few years back because too many members foolishly believed the spin doctoring of the Footy First administration and swallowed the garbage they fed hook, line and sinker.

The members who voted for Footy First are responsible and complicit for the mess the club is in now.

Own it, acknowledge it.

Nope. Never voted for Footy First. And was pissed off we moved to Seaford. Who owes who an apology?
I sincerely apologise to you.

I was trying to emphasise the point that sometimes people in power make incompetent decisions and should be held to account.

I see many supporters who seemingly worship and defend paid corporate stooges in positions of power at football clubs like they are rock stars.
These corporate movers and shakers employed by St.kilda in many instances have never followed St.kilda in their life and have no real passion for the club.
They primarily are looking after themselves above anything else and sometimes they make horrendous decisions and are not held to account.

St.kilda supporters who see through their spin doctoring and corporate schtick and call them out on it are then labelled as trolls, opposition supporters, supporters who should go and follow another club and are viewed as being somehow disloyal.
My grandfather and great grandfather were St.kilda supporters as far back as when the club was in the VFA in the 1800's and my father has followed St.kilda for around 80 years.
I am a St.kilda supporter and yet I and others often get labelled as not being real supporters because we have the supposed temerity to question what are sometimes incompetent and idiotic decisions by corporates who are only temporarily in these positions as employees of the St.kilda Football Club to further their own individual corporate careers.

Great. Good to know and thanks for the apology

GilsAuPair
Club Player

Moving to Seaford - bad.
Extending Richardson - bad.

Aside from that, what other disastrous decisions have been made.
Just to be clear, in the preseason prior to the richmond premiership, two groups of negative influencial supporters tried to overthrow the board, sack the coach, but the members stuck fat and they won a flag.
So if you want to throw up the tigers as a template......
Do you remember the cats putting bomber thompson on notice? They stuck with him and look what happened.
One big difference.

Richmond paid for a genuine independent external review by Ernst and Young that took 10 weeks .

Saints conducted an internal review only and decided they were doing a good job.

Crossy66
Club Player

GilsAuPair wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 1:00pm

Moving to Seaford - bad.

Just to be clear, in the preseason prior to the richmond premiership, two groups of negative influencial supporters tried to overthrow the board, sack the coach, but the members stuck fat and they won a flag.
Do you remember the cats putting bomber thompson on notice? They stuck with him and look what happened.
One big difference.

Richmond paid for a genuine independent external review by Ernst and Young that took 10 weeks .

Saints conducted an internal review only and decided they were doing a good job.
So they paid ernst young for a 10 week consult that recommended they change nothing. Ripper.
Btw, ernst didnt recommend Balme, that was the one good idea from the factional groups. Peggy and Brendan played the dumb arses on a break .
Still waiting for your explanation as to how collingwood and Geelong "fixed" thier administration to win a flag.
Your Richmond arguement is in tatters

saynta
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 11:20am

Own it, acknowledge it.

Saynta - Do yourself a favor and don't get dragged down by stupidity from other posters.
👍

twirlyhair
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:32pm Nauseated by the faux ‘positivity’ of scraping past the Suns yet again.

Deadset, how far do we have to stoop before we realise we are going nowhere fast?

“Oh youre a sad sack, oh its Round 1, oh Hannebery will be the saviour” yaddah yaddah.

What an absolute crock of sh*te.

This club is run by a bunch of thieves and supported by a bunch of lovely people....too lovely, who demand nothing and ultimately get NOTHING in return.
[/quote

Just love a good tantrum. Sooks who have nfi

twirlyhair
Club Player

Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 11:01pm
twirlyhair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 10:39pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:54pm
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:52pm
twirlyhair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 7:49pm
Aussie Jonestown wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:50pm
twirlyhair wrote: Sun 24 Mar 2019 6:33pm Your welcome to find another team if you like. We don't need you.
I stand corrected. Please find another club
Signed, Me

Do you speak for everyone?
No, just me.
You referred to yourself as "we".
Lol, really walked him down the garden path did you
Are you writing my posts for me now ?

You attributed the highlighted bit you wrote under my name.

:?:
You are a clever boy aren't you?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

GilsAuPair wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 1:00pm

Moving to Seaford - bad.

One big difference.

So why didn't Richmond win the flag last year?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 9:36am
skeptic wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 9:04am
Ajantis wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 8:49am I heard Richardson is our 2nd longest coach in st.kilda's history ? really ....
I think st.kilda as a club has listened to many supporters and constantly given in and made choices, like replacing the coaches.
Its obvious st.kilda are going through a difficult time with strategy's and players and i think we need to steady the ship and keep what we have.

Cause everytime we change a coach we just go back to starting point.
Lets try and be positive and and just support the club and verbally vent frustrations but not always point the finger.

Cheers
Didn’t work out so bad in 2000 and 2006... certainly the results came within about two years
What results?
Outside of the 8 to prelim finals and GFs within a few years.

Might not have won the big one but certainly turned things around in a hurry