Hunter Clark - This is your moment

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Hunter Clark - This is your moment

After a flying preseason, 2 formidable JLT performances and 2 solid practice matches for Sandringham, Clark is primed to make his mark in the Saints best 22.

Following a promising first year, the highly skilled and courageous Clark has done the hard yards adding weight and muscle to his young body and making huge strides in terms of endurance, eclipsing his previous best 3k time trials in preparation for season 2019. It is fair to say, he has been chomping at the bit to get his chance.

Clark has some enviable traits as an AFL footballer, he has a good burst of speed, marks strongly and has one touch skills. He seems to glide across the turf to find time and space without hesitation, he is hard at it in and under, tackles fiercely and kicks on both feet with a good level of success. In a game where speed will count he will be a handy replacement for an underdone Steven.

The Saints have regained their pressure fueled desire for the contest but despite a 2 win start, at times they have failed to take advantage of all their opportunities. However, there is something a little less manic about the way they are moving the ball,

Ross has improved his delivery, while Billings and Gresham have added polish to a midfield that only managed 4.5 wins last year. Newnes is back to his best form. Steele and Dunstan are consolidating there place inside the stoppages and Steele has added an attacking feather to his cap elevating himself towards A grade quality. Blake Acres appears fit again and although he was a little rusty, he adds height and versatility to the midfield pack. Parker and Kent have also added greatly to the team balance impacting with forward pressure and on the scoreboard.

The stage is set for young Hunter. I expect he will play forward and add a cameo role as an outside midfielder directly replacing Steven in the team structure, a big ask but his preparation has been spot on for the task.

2 goals, 5 tackles, 4 clearances, 5 marks and 20-25 disposals is the goal I will set for him. All the best Hunter. 2019 is your time to shine.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Hunter Clark - This is your moment

Will be one of our best within 3-4 years. Same as Coffield. Bookmark them.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Interesting to see first and second year recruits making an impact in Geelongs flying start to the season.

There is a fine balance between a recruit earning their stripes and getting needed game time into them.

Clark has already shown enough to suggest he’ll be a competent league player over his career.

Haven’t seen enough of Coffield as yet but he seems composed with ball in hand.

As we have seen with GCS, regardless of talent, if the development program is not in place highly rated juniors do not make it.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 10:37am After a flying preseason, 2 formidable JLT performances and 2 solid practice matches for Sandringham, Clark is primed to make his mark in the Saints best 22.

Following a promising first year, the highly skilled and courageous Clark has done the hard yards adding weight and muscle to his young body and making huge strides in terms of endurance, eclipsing his previous best 3k time trials in preparation for season 2019. It is fair to say, he has been chomping at the bit to get his chance.

Clark has some enviable traits as an AFL footballer, he has a good burst of speed, marks strongly and has one touch skills. He seems to glide across the turf to find time and space without hesitation, he is hard at it in and under, tackles fiercely and kicks on both feet with a good level of success. In a game where speed will count he will be a handy replacement for an underdone Steven.

The Saints have regained their pressure fueled desire for the contest but despite a 2 win start, at times they have failed to take advantage of all their opportunities. However, there is something a little less manic about the way they are moving the ball,

Ross has improved his delivery, while Billings and Gresham have added polish to a midfield that only managed 4.5 wins last year. Newnes is back to his best form. Steele and Dunstan are consolidating there place inside the stoppages and Steele has added an attacking feather to his cap elevating himself towards A grade quality. Blake Acres appears fit again and although he was a little rusty, he adds height and versatility to the midfield pack. Parker and Kent have also added greatly to the team balance impacting with forward pressure and on the scoreboard.

The stage is set for young Hunter. I expect he will play forward and add a cameo role as an outside midfielder directly replacing Steven in the team structure, a big ask but his preparation has been spot on for the task.

2 goals, 5 tackles, 4 clearances, 5 marks and 20-25 disposals is the goal I will set for him. All the best Hunter. 2019 is your time to shine.
Agree with the post but geeeez that’s a big goal to set for a second year player

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 10:37am The stage is set for young Hunter. I expect he will play forward and add a cameo role as an outside midfielder directly replacing Steven in the team structure, a big ask but his preparation has been spot on for the task.

Those numbers would almost win him the Brownlow.
Lower your expectations.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 11:45am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 10:37am After a flying preseason, 2 formidable JLT performances and 2 solid practice matches for Sandringham, Clark is primed to make his mark in the Saints best 22.

Agree with the post but geeeez that’s a big goal to set for a second year player
I just have a feeling he will arrive tomorrow. Im not too sure he isnt capable of it. I am hoping for a blinder.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 11:40am Interesting to see first and second year recruits making an impact in Geelongs flying start to the season.

There is a fine balance between a recruit earning their stripes and getting needed game time into them.

Clark has already shown enough to suggest he’ll be a competent league player over his career.

As we have seen with GCS, regardless of talent, if the development program is not in place highly rated juniors do not make it.
Joffa, mate, you and I are so singing out of the same hymn book regarding development. I have been critical of this at the club for years. It is so frustrating watching Stanley, Lynch, McEvoy and Hutchings play important roles at their respective clubs after receiving critical player development at their new clubs.
That's why I'm pinning my hopes on Darren O'Shaughnessy to bring our ongoing development of players up to par.
Listen to his program at the Saints here:
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-03/ ... ZtZcg1zDRQ

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 12:39pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 10:37am The stage is set for young Hunter. I expect he will play forward and add a cameo role as an outside midfielder directly replacing Steven in the team structure, a big ask but his preparation has been spot on for the task.

Lower your expectations.
Not expectations. More opportunity, need, and capability inspired. I wont be disappointed if he doesnt deliver the goal.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 3:22pm

Lower your expectations.
Not expectations. More opportunity, need, and capability inspired. I wont be disappointed if he doesnt deliver the goal.
Lol. Im not backing him for a brownlow. Im just talking up the importance of this game for Hunter and the Saints.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 3:24pm

Lower your expectations.
Lol. Im not backing him for a brownlow. Im just talking up the importance of this game for Hunter and the Saints.
neither am i
but it would be very nice to finally have someone who is going to be AA standard and in contention for \ a Brownlow

Seeya
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Lower your expectations.
He's not Dangerfield, you know.
In an ideal world, yeah...
Hey, I'd like Ricciardo to finish in the top 6 in most of his F1 races, but you know, this ain't The Matrix
(or is it?)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

sunsaint wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 3:59pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 3:24pm

Lower your expectations.
neither am i
but it would be very nice to finally have someone who is going to be AA standard and in contention for \ a Brownlow
we're only 2 games in, and I know I'm going way too early (that used to really annoy my ex)
but if, a big IF, the standard is maintained,
here's our AA contenders
Gresh
Ross
Baroose

Steele (geez, I almost forgot him, shame on me)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 3:04pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 11:40am Interesting to see first and second year recruits making an impact in Geelongs flying start to the season.

Joffa, mate, you and I are so singing out of the same hymn book regarding development. I have been critical of this at the club for years. It is so frustrating watching Stanley, Lynch, McEvoy and Hutchings play important roles at their respective clubs after receiving critical player development at their new clubs.
That's why I'm pinning my hopes on Darren O'Shaughnessy to bring our ongoing development of players up to par.
Interesting listen, thanks fir the link Samurai.

Agree with you 100% on development!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 9:30pm

Get a room boys!!!!! ;)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 9:34pm

Get a room boys!!!!! ;)
I like samurai, but I love TTT and we have formed an alliance apparently 😂

stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 9:38pm

Get a room boys!!!!! ;)
I heard you are the same person anyway!!!!! 💑

guitars4
Club Player

He showed glimpses on the weekend but had an ordinary day overall. IMO he will be an A grader in a couple of years & I hope Coffield can follow suit but at the moment Clark is way ahead of him.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 9:41pm

Get a room boys!!!!! ;)
If that’s what you have heard you probably have the same source as a self proclaimed ITK forumite who is yet to get a single piece of information posted on this forum correct.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Corfe!!!

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 9:57pm Corfe!!!
Very original ParkeyTed, using Corfe and exclamation marks.

Next you’ll be copying SC and calling the dud “Dudley”.
Oh, too late.

Imitating Stonecold, I preferred you when you were pretending to be an ITK and posting fabricated rumors 👍

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

All good Corfe!!!! That is a classic!!!! 😂🙃😛

Total = 1.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 9:48pm
stonecold wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 9:41pm

Get a room boys!!!!! ;)
If that’s what you have heard you probably have the same source as a self proclaimed ITK forumite who is yet to get a single piece of information posted on this forum correct.
Haha Corf, no worries old son!!!!! 💨

guitars4
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 10:04pm All good Corfe!!!! That is a classic!!!! 😂🙃😛
Ted stick to the positive thing the bad Ted just doesn't work for you :wink:

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Bad Ted? No such thing.

I just find Corfe funny. I heard he's a vegan! 🐷🐷🐷

Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2019 11:09am Bad Ted? No such thing.

I just find Corfe funny. I heard he's a vegan! 🐷🐷🐷
Yep you know me, I’m a vegan & I regular answer to the name of my idol, Joffa Corfe 👍

I’ve even styled my hair and look to be just like him 😉