SS’s favourite journo - Damian Barrett - admits he got us wrong

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

diddley
Club Player

SS’s favourite journo - Damian Barrett - admits he got us wrong

“Saints back up style with substance
Got it wrong with the Saints, as I said last week.

Thought their words in the off-season were just that, words. They have more far more substance than that.

May still miss the finals, but no matter what happens from here, St Kilda is a tough club. And coach Alan Richardson is a tough man.

SAINTS GO TOP Richo's men put Dees to the sword

There has been adversity with injury and unavailability and poor due diligence (and no, we won't let the Dan Hannebery thing go) but underlying its operations in 2019 is a resolve which is pure.

Jack Billings is now the star he was meant to be, and a massive well done to him given the questions since his first game in 2014.”

Straight from his column on afl.com.au

I think he hates the saints, and is waiting to dig the heels in as soon as we stumble, but for now, he is owning the fact he has been wrong about our team. For now.

His predictions earlier this year are a bit laughable 5 rounds in. Let’s hope they are hilarious towards the end of the year.

diddley
Club Player

Re: SS’s favourite journo - Damian Barrett - admits he got us wrong

Damian Barrett

Premier: Adelaide
Runner-up: West Coast
Wooden spoon: St Kilda
Moving up: Fremantle
Set to fall: Hawthorn
Brownlow Medal: Josh Kelly (GWS)
Coleman Medal: Lance Franklin (Sydney)
NAB AFL Rising Star: Nick Blakey (Sydney)
Recruit of the year: Jesse Hogan (Fremantle)
Surprise All Australian: Tim Taranto (GWS)
Headline you'll see: Ablett bags eight
Headline you won't see: Illicit drugs policy catches player
How many times will Carlton score 100+ points and when will they break the streak: Four. Round five v Western Bulldogs.
Big call: Tim Kelly re-signs with Cats
Game-changer: Simon Goodwin to devise a centre-square strategy which bamboozles all opponents.

Ladder prediction
1. Adelaide
2. West Coast
3. Richmond
4. Melbourne
5. Collingwood
6. Greater Western Sydney
7. Sydney
8. Fremantle

9. Geelong
10. Essendon
11. North Melbourne
12. Hawthorn
13. Port Adelaide
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Brisbane
16. Gold Coast
17. Carlton
18. St Kilda

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

He still seems to think people care what he thinks. Knob, I believe, is the technical term.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 11:22pm “Saints back up style with substance

Thought their words in the off-season were just that, words. They have more far more substance than that.

May still miss the finals, but no matter what happens from here, St Kilda is a tough club. And coach Alan Richardson is a tough man.

There has been adversity with injury and unavailability and poor due diligence (and no, we won't let the Dan Hannebery thing go) but underlying its operations in 2019 is a resolve which is pure.

Jack Billings is now the star he was meant to be, and a massive well done to him given the questions since his first game in 2014.”

I think he hates the saints, and is waiting to dig the heels in as soon as we stumble, but for now, he is owning the fact he has been wrong about our team. For now.

His predictions earlier this year are a bit laughable 5 rounds in. Let’s hope they are hilarious towards the end of the year.
Yeah, well he is still a creepy little turd/knob. Take your pick.

Premium89
Club Player

diddley wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 11:22pm
Don’t reckon he’s the only expert who’s predictions have been way off. I’m a card carrying member of the blue sky kool-aid brigade and I wouldn’t have seen us on top after 5 rounds!
Good to see Damo eat some humble pie, but I think you’re right that he’ll be straight back into us as soon as he can...

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Reckon he got a few of those predictions right....

Carlton 100 points against Footscray in round 5 is an excellent prediction.

Hawks to slide is likely, and illicit drugs policy is a scam and the AFL will ensure no player is exposed.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

We give Barret too much air time on here.

He reminds of a burnt Kransky from a local fish and chip shop. Looks like s***, is full of s*** and tastes like s***.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Giving us a small wrap while still inserting a couple of fingers in about Hannebery. Blokes a dog.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 22 Apr 2019 10:52am Giving us a small wrap while still inserting a couple of fingers in about Hannebery. Blokes a dog.
Yeah it's a very familiar style for some reason. I can't put my finger on why though.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

diddley wrote: Sun 21 Apr 2019 11:22pm “Saints back up style with substance

Don’t read Barrett as I don’t like his writing style or negativity.

Turn off triple M when he’s on as I’d prefer not to listen to his opinionated views.

But I give him credit here in admitting he is wrong at this point in time. Could have written nothing at all.

On triple M, they have assembled the biggest bunch of Blokey ego maniac ex players & media people in the country.

The worst being Judd followed by Carey, Brayshaw, Barrett & Howard.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.