The Flux Report: the happy dance Round

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Flux Report: the happy dance Round

:shock: Puke.

This week's committee:
- Catherine. (Fired up again after Saturday!!!!! !!!!! Still brought takeaway though. KFC. Yuck! Puke! But Aaron is happy. Another week of vegan, and he was at serious risk of his cholesterol levels returning to normal.)
Pinched hat returned, so all the surviving members of the Hole in the Ted (HIT) gang.
- Aaron.
- Saxons. (Still RosKilda’s favourite poster. Still favourite posters, in fact. :D )
- Born Again Norwegian Teds. (Just like Teds, only is reborn! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord and pass the ammo’. Still Norway and Slo Mos’ favourite poster. Teds’ works very hard in the Saints’ marketing department, yet still gives up his Sundays to prove input here. Onya Teds.!)
- Parquetrysainter. (He is just like Teds).
- Urbane Dick. (Teds’ mentor from the internets.)
- tony1774. (Teds’ mate from Big BS.)
- The orangutang. (Teds' mate from Borneo.)
- Dorrie Evans1972. (From 1972.)

Missing: :(
- Johnny.
- Rodger. <swoon>
- Warnie.
- Simon, aka the Troll Hunter, aka (not yet) BFTNorway.
- Loris. (Where are you? Hope all’s well.)
- Mr Huggie Duck. (Should be posting back here, not over on Big BS. Come home Huggie, all is forgiven.)
- Sainter K. (Where are you?)
- Jaffa Boy. (Arguing with a Concern Troll now.)
- Concern Troll. (Bemused by Jaffa Boy now.)
- Slo Mo. (We aren’t complaining though.)
- Billy Showbags. (See Slo Mo.)

Fruit tingle angel dancing. Betty warming up pre-game. About the only moves that show pony got to pull. Well dont Dan MacK. :D

It started well - team selection:
Like the selected team (for once. :) ) Well done Grubby. Keep <the definitive article deleted by mod> Cho away from selection. And everything else. Leave that stuff to the adults.

Look out Molly!!!!!!!!! !!!!! A new gig for <the definitive article deleted by mod> Cho to replace that AFL 360 debacle. Smart thinking Grubby.

Had forgotten the Sauce is injured, and also that young defender who did such a good job last year stepping into Lever's shoes.
And I didn't realize that Jenkins is out of favour.

Still taking a risk going in one tall defender short though.

So MacKenzie for Gears is fair enough. No need to go tall and sacrifice speed/mobility. Billy aside, I like the emergencies too. (No Billy is surely a key, and hardly touched upon, reason for our improvement. I sure hope that Louey is back soon, in case the Marshall needs a rest.

Quite a team of no names the fruit tingles are fielding too. We should win comfortably. And if we kick even reasonably accurately for goal, then we will.

(Really hope the club doesn't get carried away and give Joe King a run in the seniors too soon. He needs to bulk up first. At 204cm, taking off the AFL '100', he'd need to be ~104kgs. However, allowing for his physique, and the role he'll be playing, mid 95kgs may be ok. What is he now? Still high 80's...? )

It started going not so well – team selection:
Then things started turning downwards. First, no Bryce Squibbs. But then the big blow. Marshall out, and with Lazar not match fit after his latest holiday, we took the field one man short. :shock:
saynta wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 4:18pm
Jacks Back wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 4:17pm LATE CHANGE: Rowan Marshall is out due to illness. He'll be replaced by Billy Longer.
F^^k
stmob wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 4:20pmOh dear....
spert wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 4:32pm I would feel more confident with Lonie in the ruck!
Ape_Man wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:39pm We most certainly did.

Today I watched as Longer continuously could not cover ground to get to contests. Time and time again was caught between a ball up and a clearance.

Billy just isn’t up to the modern game.

Maybe if we played him a kick behind play he could be involved in more of the contests he is meant to be a beast at.
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 28 Apr 2019 1:37am
Enrico_Misso wrote: Sun 28 Apr 2019 12:47am It was like a flashback to 2018.

Pretty good at winning the ball but sub-standard at using it.
- missing targets
- no-one presenting as a target
- handballing to players under the pump
- kicking direct to an opponent
- kicking long to a contest where we were outnumbered
- the Ben Dixon failing to convert straightforward set shots factor
- invoking the "switch" as a defensive (desperate) tactic rather than an agressive move
- thrashed in the clearances

What happened to that fast efficient precise football from last week?
Could add:
Billy Longer
Is Newnes playing?
McCartin watching on
Richo sucking his lips
Comprehensively outskilled
Can't kick a goal while they can't miss
Soft frees for the opposition
bigred wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 7:37pm Longer has had absolutely no influence on this game at all.

Manhandled by a sixth gamer. No impact at either the center bounce or boundry.

Just not good enough. There is no way to put any spin on this.
But most damning, have to agree with this assessment also
samuraisaint wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:23pm I'm going to be controversial here and say that tonight's game was perhaps Billy Longer's best since he joined us from Brisbane.
In other words, that’s the best Billy’s got. :(

That said,
Billy took not one, but two, overhead marks!! :shock: :shock:

Though that was about it for Billy. Beaten by a wily 6-game veteran. And couldn’t even get any presence on that Lachlan Murphy goal that sailed through grass-high. Un-bloody-believable. (Actually, in Billy’s case, very bloody believable.)
Ghost Like wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:59pmMarshall, even in his infancy, could arguably be our most important player. We gave Billy a one year contract for insurance, unfortunately we lost the game and our no claim bonus. He really is more liability than value to the way we have been playing and have to play this year. I cannot remember him helping our backs out and was banished to full forward at one point...I've never seen that before.
Or as someone who knows a bit about footy described Billy's presence even more succinctly......
stonecold wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:58pm
👎👎👎👎👎

The Good:
- As his fitness and confidence grows, ‘Peter’ Parker is becoming more like Spiderman each week.
- MacKenzie kept that show pony Betty pretty quiet.
- Savage.
- Jimmy W.
- Battle! And he was even thrown forward late in the game.......... too late. :(
- Paton. Unheralded. Probably for not all that much longer.
- Paddy didn’t get concussed. (We think...................?)
- Hannerbery didn’t get concussed. (We know.........)
- Hannerbery still hasn’t been listed as the career-ending ‘2 weeks’. In fact, Born Again Norwegian Teds is prepared to cut 49 year old Hanners’ some slack for at least a decade.

The bloody fantastic! :D :
- Air Parker!!! (Don’t worry if you blink and miss it. He does an encore. :D )

- Air Parker aside, the highlight of the evening came post match. The Dark Lord himself, Darth Vader, channeling the force, and rocking out on his Gibson Les Paul Studio guitar (the Sith black edition), on Spencer Street, right out front of Southern Crustacean. :mrgreen: Melbs' may be changing, but the old girl still has it. :)

Stayed till nearly everyone had left Linton Lodger stadium, so unfortunately missed much of the show. :(

The Bad:
- An unwelcome return to form by the scumpires. :evil:
- Sure, we kicked more goals then behinds, but that figure is a misleading statistical fluke. Shots on goal were generally poor. (Paton being an exception. Hopefully Seb was watching his running goal – made it look easy.)
- The bloody bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :evil: Bombed long to the advantage of their defenders. But this week, we took the bomb to a whole new level. Bombed long around the ground, generally to an outnumber. And no matter where around the ground we bombed, there were always Crones waiting front and centre!!!!!!!! Un-bloody-believable!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Argggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :x :x :x :x :x
- Parker’s two hangers, followed by goals. They were bloody fantastic, but, we shouldn’t be having to rely on that sort of genius to get a goal. :idea:
- Seb. Got plenty of it. Being the acting captain, he was obviously trying to concentrate on his delivery to team mates............ but usually didn’t succeed.
Captain Marvel wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:00pm Ross sought mastery of dumb footy.
- Here’s the ‘highlights’ package from Saturday evening.

The Fugly:
- Another statistical anomaly. We won 28 clearances???? More like 8! Fake news!!!! We couldn’t buy a bloody clearance!!!!!! !!!!! (Though at times it looked like that’s what the opposition had done. ‘Crowd affirmation’ only seems to apply interstate! :evil: )
Clearances! That’s where we lost the bloody game! :evil:
- Unfortunately, Grubby failed to keep <the definitive article deleted by mods> distracted for long enough. Here’s the footage from <the definitive article deleted by mods> choachs' pre-game planning meeting.

The tried so bloody hard:
Sorry, all the committee members have really tried so very bloody hard, but just can’t stop laughing.
ace wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 2:55pm
ace wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 2:49pm Latest Essendondope scandal.
Overdose of Thymosin Beta 4
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victo ... 93e0dde5a8

MCG food poisoning outbreak: Diners at Essendon President’s Function fall ill during Anzac Day game
Attended by about 600 people.
Tickets to the $725-a-seat lunch were difficult to come by. For Essendum supporters to attend they needed to have purchased a premium four-game dining package that costs $1750.
600 x 1750 = $ 1,050,000
OK, didn’t really try that hard. Karma bus. Toot toot. :twisted: :lol:

Opposition player to bag:
Bryce Squibbs – for not playing. That hurt us.

Posts of the week:
asiu wrote: Thu 25 Apr 2019 2:30pm or get Warnie into India wearing his Saints jumper
flogging the new Saints/Afl experience based out of Linton St

flog em some merchandise ,
take em to game and send em home happy
(but slightly financially leaner)

how hard can it be
Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:00pm In regards to Goodes, I agree it wasn't racism. However, he never said he hated Australia, he said that he believed that 200 years ago Australia was invaded.

Firstly, I don't think the Thought Police should tell us when we can or cannot boo. That sets a dangerous precedent. At the same time I thought it was disappointing that Goodes was booed at a footy match because of his political views. The uninformed nationalism was a bit concerning.

We can quibble about the term 'invasion', yet any way you slice it, Great Britain claimed Australia illegally under International Law of the time. They claimed there was no one here when there was. It wasn't an honest oversight.

So whilst I don't want booing banned, Goodes was booed for stating a fact.
stkfc1 wrote: Wed 24 Apr 2019 9:51pm I was almost about to start a thread on this but this will do.

We have some serious contract negotiations coming up with Billings, Gresh, Marshall, Carlisle and Savage the main issues. The way Newnes is playing, him too.

What I'd like to see is Roo, Dal and Monty go down have a chat to these boys and say, with hindsight I wish we'd taken $100, 000 less a year, got in some decent 'role player, bottom six' players and we'd all be known as premiership players right now. That alone would be worth an extra $100, 000 a year in sponsorship deals (Billings and Gresh, looking at you)

I believe in hindsight , if you asked our ex players if they were asked to take a $100,000 a year pay cut, if it meant a premiership they'd have done it in a heartbeat. That unfortunately, was a big part of the reality of 09,10. Of course there were other factors but the reality was we had our top 6-8 players taking the lions share of our cap and the rest could please themselves.

If we had taken the Geelong/Hawthorn route, with a more even pay structure , so that we could have attracted a few more decent players, I have no doubt we'd have won at least one. Imagine we'd had manged to pry a Kerr or Didak away in 08, as from memory they were gettable at the time. Massive upgrade on a McQualter or an Eddy. (Yes I know they had their problems at the time and it could have been another Lovett all over again!). Still you know what I mean! Im sure we could have enticed some better players to the club. I think we ended up with Brett Peake that year.
09 Jolly, Burgoyne and Gibson were available. Imagine one of them in our team, at the time.

I know its 'pie in the sky' stuff but if our top 6 to 8 players, all took that $50,000 to $100, 000 year cut and we had an extra $600,000 to $800,000 to play with. Suddenly we have a Burgoyne or Jolly (ironically) in the team and we win the draw of 10.

All that being said, considering half of that 09 Geelong side now own half of Geelong thanks to Cook and Co, this brings it back full circle to this thread.

The ability of some clubs to be offering financial "legups" to FA players in itself an absolute inequity that the AFL must stamp out. Theres a reason why the Bombers, Geelong, Magpies of this world seem to always get the FA. Its not the 'playing in front of 80,000 every week' crap line thats pushed around. The AFL are saying its all above board. BS!!

What its not acknowledging is that now its out there to possible FA, looking around at other clubs, is "Come to the Bombers, Geelong etc and we'll look after your retirement". That stinks to high heaven, as clubs like us, Roos Doggies and Co don't normally have those type of 'White Knights' and cashed up' Fat Cats' sitting in on our presentation nights to be offering such deals. There's a salary cap for a reason. You start putting in incentives outside of that and we'll be having the same look as like the EPL in no time.

Post/rant of the week:
evertonfc wrote: Fri 26 Apr 2019 2:05pm I actually think it's extremely valuable for our club to leverage high-profile supporters.

It won't do much for our playing group, but it will have impact on our brand value and the kind of sponsors we attract.

We need to get muscled up in this department. We need to get beyond the Dare Ice Coffees and XBlades - 2nd rate brands.

To get into the elite echelon, you need to be winning games of footy, but you also need to push yourself as a strong brand with flair, profile and poise. Hell, you want to be exciting...and celeb fans are a huge part of that. Just look at what Kennett and McGuire alone have done for their clubs.

We have so many top-tier profile supporters: Shane Warne, Eric Bana, Molly Meldrum, Geoff Ogilvy.

And a stack on the next tier: Jane Bunn, Philip Dalidakis, Rhys Muldoon, Sandy Roberts, Peter Hitchener, Michael Klim, Tex Perkins.

There's also heaps more I can think of. We need to push as hard as possible to get them front and centre. Whether you like the celebrity fan or not, ours are legitimate supporters, and they do generate eyeballs, clicks and interest. We can certainly leverage them in a big way.

Whenever Gil moves on from his current role, I'll be shoving a scarf on him and reminding him of where his next big contribution in this game lies. If it's good enough for Ben Buckley to go back to North...
Always award massive bonus points for a rant. Love a good rant. :D And bloody well agree with it!

The what does this even mean post of the week? :shock: :
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 28 Apr 2019 9:42pm Anyway, back to the crowd. 28k v an interstate side! I reckon Richo was why we got an few extra thousand turn up.
That one even floored parquetry sainter. :oops:
Love your work Teds! :D

Rejoice:
All is not lost. It’s not all doom and gloom. Smile. Be happy. Dance. Yes. The magical six weeks are now up. So <The definite article deleted by Mods> Cho out – good bye, and thanks for all the fish.

Changes for next week against the Gi-aints in Cantberra:
We need to bounce back. And it won’t be easy. This mob are tough and passionate. They have a better ruck than we fielded against the Fruit Tingles, and they kick accurately for goal. Also, it has to be admitted, they have the best post match celebration ever seen. (Just needs some words. Something about Owen would be good.)

IN:
Hind,
Marshall.
OUTski:
Lonie (inj),
Billy (no-stats),
<the definite article deleted again by Mods) Cho (no clue).

If Bruce doesn’t come up, Louey or Lazar come in, so that the Marshall can go forward.
(Lazar, behave yourself!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! We c*n’t afford you getting anymore holidays when you’re needed to help out the Marshall! :idea: )
And, Young in if Long doesn’t come up.
Kent – you’re on notice from Teds, mate. Again! (Teds’ says he doesn’t need anyone to make him look silly.)

Badger’s ass (whatever that means? :? ):
Anyone on our list who doesn’t get picked ahead of Billy No Stats.

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon>

Thoughts, Johnny?

Thoughts, Saintsationalists?

- Aeon.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Flux Report: the happy dance Round

Caption suggestion.
Oh when!.... Owen!.... the Saints go marching in... this count means we are going to be 32 short. In Canberra, of all places.

guitars4
Club Player

Re: The Flux Report: the happy dance Round

The highlight of my week so far very entertaining, keep it coming Flux :wink: