So... Richo on talking footy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

So... Richo on talking footy

Sung the praises of Bill Slater. More of the same.

Sung the praises of Matt Parker. Specifically about how "grateful" he is to be playing. Differs to most.

Talked aboit Paddy. Talked specifically about playing Paddy in the backline. Talked about Paddy probably not playing this year.

IMO he isnt fit enough and would need a specific preseason to prepare.

Seemed keen to discuss the adelaide game and what went right and wrong. But that show was just not really interested.

Talked up Max King in the magoos in a few weeks.

Talk it up.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: So... Richo on talking footy

bigred wrote: Mon 29 Apr 2019 10:03pm Sung the praises of Bill Slater. More of the same.

Sung the praises of Matt Parker. Specifically about how "grateful" he is to be playing. Differs to most.

Talked aboit Paddy. Talked specifically about playing Paddy in the backline. Talked about Paddy probably not playing this year.

Seemed keen to discuss the adelaide game and what went right and wrong. But that show was just not really interested.

Talk it up.
You feel for him

I think the host and Timmy felt for him. They had this strange look at times and I was wondering what they were thinking. Tim probably thought; How the f*** has this guy lasted over 5 years?

They had a fair few stories on tonight and they made sure that they didn't spend too much time interviewing Cho and I suppose you can't blame them. They don't want to send their audience to sleep

His record may improve slightly but that will never hide the fact that Richo isn't made of the stuff required to be succesful as a head coach. Can you imagine Cho telling all his players that they can't wear long sleeves? I mean I'm not saying they wouldn't do it, but I'm saying he wouldn't be that bold or that demanding. Yeah nah he'll be a ripper whether it's long sleeves or not

We employ a bloke like Billy Slater because he inspires. He oozes leadership. Billy has credibility. He motivates you and drives you to be better. I'm sorry but it's pretty obvious.

You know when you sometimes do a piss as a bloke and you get the feeling that some of it is spraying on your pants...then you look down and you realise 'yeah'!! I am pissing on my pants. Well...it feels like he just isn't cut out to lead because basically...he isn't cut out to lead.

Special
Club Player

Love the whack Scollop you are spot on.

If Paddy plays again I will be disappointed. I mean seriously if the guy still has symptoms from a minor hit nearly 2 months ago he is cooked. Maybe it’s just spin and window dressing at this stage given how sad the story is.

Vazelos
Club Player

The club has told him not to play again but McCartin won’t accept it I think he is cooked but you never know.
What I have heard is Roberton won’t play again his career is over.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Tue 30 Apr 2019 1:54am
bigred wrote: Mon 29 Apr 2019 10:03pm Sung the praises of Bill Slater. More of the same.

Talk it up.
You feel for him

I think the host and Timmy felt for him. They had this strange look at times and I was wondering what they were thinking. Tim probably thought; How the f*** has this guy lasted over 5 years?

They had a fair few stories on tonight and they made sure that they didn't spend too much time interviewing Cho and I suppose you can't blame them. They don't want to send their audience to sleep

His record may improve slightly but that will never hide the fact that Richo isn't made of the stuff required to be succesful as a head coach. Can you imagine Cho telling all his players that they can't wear long sleeves? I mean I'm not saying they wouldn't do it, but I'm saying he wouldn't be that bold or that demanding. Yeah nah he'll be a ripper whether it's long sleeves or not

We employ a bloke like Billy Slater because he inspires. He oozes leadership. Billy has credibility. He motivates you and drives you to be better. I'm sorry but it's pretty obvious.

You know when you sometimes do a piss as a bloke and you get the feeling that some of it is spraying on your pants...then you look down and you realise 'yeah'!! I am pissing on my pants. Well...it feels like he just isn't cut out to lead because basically...he isn't cut out to lead.

Bully!

I reckon you were bullied at school. Probably still go to sleep with the light on.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I actually thought Richo went OK on this.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
nw7
Club Player

Richo has gone ok this year so far. I think he was forced into changing his coaching staff and stupid gameplan from last year (thank goodness). He has been saying and doing the right things. I hope it keeps going and the team stays competitive and keeps winning.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Richo was very good on the couch. Great interview.

Glad he has got the side up and about and playing well to sit at 4-2. Much more like 2016 and 2017 where we had a winning season and even season.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 9:53pm I actually thought Richo went OK on this.
George W went ok too. As long as everyone else makes the important decisions I suppose it'd be ok for a little while

twirlyhair
Club Player

Talk it up.
You feel for him

Total bs to suit your agenda. Clearly the way the players are attacking the season shows that they don't agree with you. Sure Billy helps, but the modern football club is all about a team effort. Not just one person. Having said that, when the team has been down at times in games, and have hit back hard, guess who was talking to them at the break?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Ted.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

twirlyhair wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 10:47am

Talk it up.
You feel for him

Total bs to suit your agenda. Clearly the way the players are attacking the season shows that they don't agree with you. Sure Billy helps, but the modern football club is all about a team effort. Not just one person. Having said that, when the team has been down at times in games, and have hit back hard, guess who was talking to them at the break?
Exactly.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Agenda shmenda. I want our team to achieve it's potential and not be held back by weak links. I see weakness in the bloke who is head coach. Don't like it? Stiff!! Put me on ignore and inform us why he is the best fit and the reasons why you think he should be retained.

Whiskey
Club Player

Unbelievable that anybody thinks his performance is remotely satisfactory after these 5 years. A few wins and all of a sudden hes not the issue anymore? Gee you people forget quickly.

damienc
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 1:20am Richo was very good on the couch. Great interview.

Glad he has got the side up and about and playing well to sit at 4-2. Much more like 2016 and 2017 where we had a winning season and even season.
Gee Ted, the club must be so happy to have you on here.

Never critical, never questioning just accepting. Accepting. Accepting.

I'm sure there is a word for it but I can't, for the life of me, remember.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 1:47pm Agenda shmenda. I want our team to achieve it's potential and not be held back by weak links. I see weakness in the bloke who is head coach. Don't like it? Stiff!! Put me on ignore and inform us why he is the best fit and the reasons why you think he should be retained.

Settle pettle. The point is, as everyone in the footy world knows, Richo will be sacked if we win, what, maybe 6 games this year? But that will be at the end of the year, not during the season. Those days are gone. If we win more than that, then imo he won't be sacked, and would only be sacked if he was thought of as not being up to it by those in the know, not dufus online warriors who have never met the guy. So the result? Let it go until the end of the season and enjoy the ride. It's been pretty good so far.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 5:29pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 1:20am Richo was very good on the couch. Great interview.

Gee Ted, the club must be so happy to have you on here.

Never critical, never questioning just accepting. Accepting. Accepting.

I'm sure there is a word for it but I can't, for the life of me, remember.
How does a pliant vegetable sound?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 11:56pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 1:47pm Agenda shmenda. I want our team to achieve it's potential and not be held back by weak links. I see weakness in the bloke who is head coach. Don't like it? Stiff!! Put me on ignore and inform us why he is the best fit and the reasons why you think he should be retained.

Settle pettle. The point is, as everyone in the footy world knows, Richo will be sacked if we win, what, maybe 6 games this year? But that will be at the end of the year, not during the season. Those days are gone. If we win more than that, then imo he won't be sacked, and would only be sacked if he was thought of as not being up to it by those in the know, not dufus online warriors who have never met the guy. So the result? Let it go until the end of the season and enjoy the ride. It's been pretty good so far.
He won’t be extended either because of “dufus online warriors who have never met the guy”.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 10:39am
George W went ok too. As long as everyone else makes the important decisions I suppose it'd be ok for a little while
Ronald Reagan did brilliantly.
When visiting leaders raised an issue he was not able to answer (which was most of the time) he would simply defer to one of his advisers to provide the answer.
He was simply the manager and let the professionals he employed do their jobs.
The best POTUS in the last 50 years, easily.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Fri 03 May 2019 1:01am
Scollop wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 10:39am
Ronald Reagan did brilliantly.
When visiting leaders raised an issue he was not able to answer (which was most of the time) he would simply defer to one of his advisers to provide the answer.
He was simply the manager and let the professionals he employed do their jobs.
The best POTUS in the last 50 years, easily.
Apparently the Reagan’s were dining out in Washington a number of years back and the waiter was taking Nancy’s steak order when he asked:

Waiter: how would madam like her steak cooked?

Nancy: medium rare, thank you.

Waiter: and the vegetable?

Nancy: he’s having what I’m having.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I’d put a line through Paddy and Robbo’s career. Bloody sad for both of them.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Well...Alan survived Rd 6 (when he was meant to get chopped for contract reasons). He is coaching on Saturday for Rd 7. Well done to Alan for getting past this milestone.

Total = 1.
beebarry
Club Player

Last year was terrible - no one denies that ...but before that, we went from bottom of the ladder to 9th across 3 seasons, and all and sundry talked AR up as a good developing coach and a good teacher.

If nothing had changed in the offseason, then I would be front of the line calling for AR to be sacked. But it did change. Lots of change. And it shows. Any manager that suddenly finds himself out of his depth surrounds himself with quality advisors. I think STKFC have done just that.

Like all on here I just want success, and am prepared to see how we go over the next 4 months before getting my pitchfork out and marching on Linton st with the rabid AR haters!

Come on Sainters - lets see if we can jag a win or two in the next very tough month and really build something for 2020.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Thu 02 May 2019 11:56pm

I've done my bit. Perhaps you are right and my continual criticism of his worth can take a break.

As you know, it has to be a team effort if we are going to improve and I reckon there'll be plenty of other posters who will step up and give him a whack when it's warranted and when they see fit. I'm betting you'll see a 'Sack the coach' thread at some stage this year. After all, we've lost all the usual whipping boys to retirement...and now Lonie and Geary are injured