McCartin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: McCartin

If he's not back training yet, and won't be in the short term future his season is finished. This makes the fifth season in a row he has taken an early bath, although in 2016 he did play some games relatively late in the year.
Obviously, if he's contracted for next year he will get another go at it, but I have lost the faith I had in him to be honest. He isn't anywhere near durable enough and if we ever play a final and Paddy is in our team, our opposition will play through him. He has too many deficiencies in his approach to the game according to the experts and these should have been coached out of him a long time ago.
It's boom or bust for Paddy next year. Forget him this season.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I don’t understand where he’s going to fit in the backline? He’s already behind Carlisle, Brown, Wilkie, Roberton, Joyce and Battle at least.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
silverhalo
Club Player

I don't want to see the kid play again - defence or attack - his health is more important than a game - he needs to move on

leighsaintsince66
Club Player

Playing in defence didn't prevent Sean Dempster from a concussion related retirement.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 12:24am I don’t understand where he’s going to fit in the backline? He’s already behind Carlisle, Brown, Wilkie, Roberton, Joyce and Battle at least.
Battle & Paddy drafted as forwards, now defenders.

Bruce & Carslile recruited as defenders move forward.

I’d love to see Carslile go forward on his return and provide back up ruck to Marshall with Marshall resting forward.

Would certainly give us better options for a contested mark when we bomb to the top of the square. Carslile also our one of our best marks and best finisher in front of goal.

Forwards:
Membrey Carslile Lonie
Parker Bruce Long

Rotations forward: Marshall, Billings, Acres, Gresham
Back ups: Kent, Young, Battle, Clark

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I have suggested Carlisle moving forward in the past but someone mentioned he doesn't want that and wishes to remain down back...may have been Ted ?

freely
SS Hall of Fame

The Fireman wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 12:52pm I have suggested Carlisle moving forward in the past but someone mentioned he doesn't want that and wishes to remain down back...may have been Ted ?
I think this was well-publicised when he came to us - from memory, it was part of the reason in fact.

King12
Club Player

freely wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 1:31pm
The Fireman wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 12:52pm I have suggested Carlisle moving forward in the past but someone mentioned he doesn't want that and wishes to remain down back...may have been Ted ?
I think this was well-publicised when he came to us - from memory, it was part of the reason in fact.
Correct.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Yes it was publicized as such, but I’m more old school that you play where the team needs you.

He certainly didn’t seem to mind kicking a goal when he was swung forward a few times last year.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
King12
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 4:45pm
Yes it was publicized as such, but I’m more old school that you play where the team needs you.

He certainly didn’t seem to mind kicking a goal when he was swung forward a few times last year.
Where has the team/club stated that they need Jake to play forward?

portosaint
Club Player

King12 wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 5:44pm

I can't seem to find the post inferring that the club has stated this?

Simply posters floating ideas

King12
Club Player

portosaint wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 6:10pm

You won't find that club statement, not anywhere!

I was pointing out that it was Monty Burn's idea and that Monty was reinforcing his own idea!

OK to float idea's, seems like some on here like to pump up their own tyres, not surprising really.

Each to their own!

<1 day ban for commenting negatively on another poster >

portosaint
Club Player

King12 wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 6:28pm

I was pointing out that it was Monty Burn's idea and that Monty was reinforcing his own idea!

OK to float idea's, seems like some on here like to pump up their own tyres, not surprising really.

Each to their own!
I didn't pick up on the tyre pumping.

I find the fact I can come on here and read others opinions interesting... You see, I dont have to agree. Kind of the point of a forum.

If I logged on to read everything the St Kilda Football Club had already released in a statement, there would be no need to log on at all.

And for what it's worth, I remember Jake playing forward on a few occasions. So, club statement or not, it has been required and may be again in the future.

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good s*** stir :wink:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 6:35pm

Each to their own!

I find the fact I can come on here and read others opinions interesting... You see, I dont have to agree. Kind of the point of a forum.

If I logged on to read everything the St Kilda Football Club had already released in a statement, there would be no need to log on at all.

And for what it's worth, I remember Jake playing forward on a few occasions. So, club statement or not, it has been required and may be again in the future.

well said Porto

King12
Club Player

Each to their own!

What facts, that Monty is pumping up his own statement!

Jake went forward when things weren't working, never started forward!

portosaint
Club Player

King12 wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 7:12pm

Each to their own!

So, regarding Joffas statement, he went where the team needed him to.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 12:41pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 12:24am I don’t understand where he’s going to fit in the backline? He’s already behind Carlisle, Brown, Wilkie, Roberton, Joyce and Battle at least.
Battle & Paddy drafted as forwards, now defenders.

Bruce & Carslile recruited as defenders move forward.

I’d love to see Carslile go forward on his return and provide back up ruck to Marshall with Marshall resting forward.

Would certainly give us better options for a contested mark when we bomb to the top of the square. Carslile also our one of our best marks and best finisher in front of goal.

Forwards:
Membrey Carslile Lonie
Parker Bruce Long

Rotations forward: Marshall, Billings, Acres, Gresham
Back ups: Kent, Young, Battle, Clark

That’s the type of lateral thought I’d like to see more of from the club. Would make us a more dangerous team

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

To the best of my knowledge they have not publicized they wish for Jake to play forward.

I am unsure why you would write that question as I have never suggested they have.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Correct Porto, just floating thoughts on a fan forum 👍

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

King12 wrote: Wed 01 May 2019 7:12pm

Each to their own!

Yes!!!!!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The_President
Club Player

Posted on his instagram story that he had a cortisone injection to the head.

In the two posts he showed his blood sugar levels after the cortisone injection - which really messed them up.

Just curious as to how he would go having to get a jab mid game after rolling an ankle or something if it messes with his blood sugar so much?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The_President wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 10:01pm Posted on his instagram story that he had a cortisone injection to the head.

In the two posts he showed his blood sugar levels after the cortisone injection - which really messed them up.

Just curious as to how he would go having to get a jab mid game after rolling an ankle or something if it messes with his blood sugar so much?
Hopefully he retires and we never find out.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
guitars4
Club Player

Lets just wait until he actually gets on the park before we even decide where he is going to play.

ss1986
Club Player

The_President wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 10:01pm Posted on his instagram story that he had a cortisone injection to the head.

Saw this too - surely it’s over. HOW was this not picked up in all his time of playing football?

How many times would we have jabbed him and he goes lame not knowing he needed twice the amount of insulin?

Def not claiming to know anything about diabetes- but I can’t understand how this is a revelation to Paddy... or IF its his first cortisone injection.... surely this makes his footballing life near on impossible.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This guy has to stop kidding himself

Posting 20 years of holey crap!