The Flux Report: Meatloaf Round

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Flux Report: Meatloaf Round

This week's analysis Committee:
- Aaron.
- Saxons. (RosKilda’s favourite poster/s. :D )
- Simon, aka the Troll Hunter, aka (now finally) BFTNorway.
- BornAgainNorwegianTed12. (Still everyone’s favourite Norwegian internet troll and emerging young fiction writer.)
Norwegiantedtheodorelogan12 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:43pm I'm a troll.
- Parquetrysainter. (He is just like Ted).
- king9. (And hasn’t she settled in quickly?))
- Owen.
- Oliver Twist. (Dicko's mate.)
- Catherine. (Resigned herself. Still brought takeaway. Chunky Custard. Again. Mmmmmmmmm.)

Missing: :(
- Rodger. <swoon> Come back Rodger! We can get Kinky for you too. :cry:
- Vaas Montenegro. (Still refusing to return until he gets to ‘trigger’ a certain contract.)
- Mr Cuddly Duck. (Should be posting back here, not posting over on the Big BS. Come home Huggie.)
- Sainter K. (Where are you?)
- Jaffa Boy. (Now arguing with a straw man and a concern troll. Still.)
- Straw Man and Concern Troll. (Both bemused by Jaffa Boy. Still.)

Assessment:
Sure, we have some big outs, whom (if) they return would make a huge difference. But we're top 4 potential with the current available list. That is based that on our forward 50 numbers and shots on goal. The stats' show that we're getting it into our forward 50 more than enough. (Remember the gi-aints game? 62-42 our way, yet we lost by 41 points! :shock: :shock: :shock: ) Most games we're getting enough shots on goal too. In other words... we win enough footy.

The problem is how the forward line works.

- And that seems to be basically down to our (still) preferred method of delivery - the long bomb to the advantage of the opposition defenders. :evil:
- Plus our forwards inability to bloody spread. :evil:
- All this is compounded by, once the enemy has flooded back with all their blokes, we seem unable to set up a proper wall to at least keep the thing (bombing) back in continually. :roll:
- Instead, they too often get to sweep it our of their defence and into their open forward line. :x

And......... that's due to poor choaching!
Norwegiantedtheodorelogan12 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 4:02pm We're a pretty decent side when you disregard the efficiency and disposal up forward.
Yes, even bornagainNorwegiantedtheodorelogan12 has seen the light. Hallelujah!

Execution.

The game plan should be getting the ball into the hands of the blokes who are the best kicks. :idea:

Those who aren't good kicks should not try to be. Instead, handball, or look for a kicking option that is within the degree of difficulty that they can handle - even if that means going backwards.

And when a bloke who ain't such a good kick get hold of it - someone should be running by from behind to take a handball.

Choaching 101 basics, one would have thought... :roll:

Back to the bomb.

So the enemy has flooded back. Then why do what they want, and bomb it to them?

Move the ball across the arc just outside 50, looking for an opening.

If one doesn't appear, put the ball into the hands of someone who can bomb a long goal... Savage, Acres, Snowy (if playing), the Marshall, possibly Paton, Billings (on a good day), possibly Wilkie (not sure how long he can kick it, but at least it'd be accurate), Who else...?

And set up a proper bloody wall, so if the thing comes out, it can go straight back in!

Choaching!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :x
Norwegiantedtheodorelogan12 wrote: Fri 10 May 2019 12:10am Richo is to blame for anything that goes wrong. Fair dinkum.

We played the Skunks 3 weeks running.
Beat their girls.
Beat their ressies.
Two out of three ain’t bad.........?

The mighty Meatloaf back in the day– before he blew out his voice. A bit like the mighty Saints back in the day, before we blew out our salary cap. :(

Should have bloody well been 3 out of 3!!!! :x

The word from Billy:
The word from Billy on <the definite article deleted by Mods> Choach - pull the bloody trigger Saints!!!!!

From <the definite article deleted by Mods> Cho’s choaching manual. (With thanks to the Quiz master.)

Votes vs Pies:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98081#p1792156
Very harsh on Ted there Saintsationalists. No votes from anyone???? :shock: Ted is In career best form!
(Certainly post-match anyway.)

Big Day:
tony74 wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 7:32pm The boys are up big time. Great training. Play the MCG well. I think it will be a big day.
We should have had a big day. We would have had a big day. If our choaching was even half way decent. :roll:
Norwegiantedtheodorelogan12 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 1:49pm Richo is destroying my love of the game.

History repeats:
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 8:58pmI just heard from a person connected to the club that Jack has asked to be traded at season end and the consensus within the club is that is best ( but not desired) due to his actions.
So, we’re looking another heartbreaking GF loss in 2020 when we had the game in the bag, followed by a couple Richmond flags.......?
\

Post of the week – unfortunately:
thecrevis wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 11:15am I don't follow posts on here religiously so forgive me if this is something that's been said already. One really worrying thing I notice about Alan Richardson in his interviews/ press conferences is that he always is able to DESCRIBE a situation: E.g, we butchered the footy, we didn't play four quarters, we didn't take our opportunities etc etc.

But you very rarely hear him describe WHY a particular state of affairs took place. I encourage you to ask "Why?" when listening to him make statements in press conferences and interviews. My contention has been for a long time that he's a decent player manager, but has very littlle capacity for tactical understanding. Some may argue this is the role of the assistant coaches around him. I would argue that this is something a coach needs to be absolutely brilliant at.

Why don't we maximise our opportunities? Why don't we have polish? Why doesn't he ever EXPLAIN the reasons for WHY particular events are happening.

Why are our inside 50 so bad an inefficient?

Why has our goal kicking been so terrible for 3 years?

Why didn't we take our opportunities?

He literally only ever talks in platitudes - "we'll review the game strongly", "we'll get back on the training track", "make sure we don't have these lapses next week", without actually articulating a sufficiently intelligent answer for what needs to be done.

And for the most part, particularly with inaccurate goalkicking and lapses - and I know this isn't only St Kilda this happens to- it's all in the player's heads. Get a decent sports psych in there or if they one already have them, replace them. And get a decent coach who can look at a game a footy and be able to not just describe, but to unpack the WHY.
evertonfc wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:23pm
ss1986 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:21pm
evertonfc wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:20pm Obviously we are missing some good players, too.

But to lay down in the final quarter, when the game was on the line - who the hell does that?

Why is this suddenly OK?
Yeh, but theyll say we were brave, good effort for 3/4... yaddah yaddah.

All shite.
That will hurt - because we know it's coming.

Nobody will actually take a stand and say losing four in a row isn't OK.

Nobody will actually take a stand and say falling apart in the last quarter isn't OK.

"Yep, pleasing how we went about it. Can't fault the effort. Pleasing that we matched them. We'll learn a lot. It's about moving forward. Not a great final quarter, but that happens in footy. We live and learn and move on. Most of the things were pleasing. We'll regroup, pick ourselves up and go again. We were pleased and satisfied on the whole with how we played."
:roll:

Post of the week worth repeating:
We’ve been waiting for this one. We knew it was there. That’s the ice broken now. Many more to come we hope. :D
King9 wrote: Thu 09 May 2019 2:34pm
That's your opinion, fair enough.

However a couple of questions/statements for you to ponder.

Do you really think the club doesn't have a plan for Hunter, our other young players and all of our playing list?

Before you answer, ponder the following, if the club had no plans in place,why are the all putting pen to paper?

Hunter would know exactly where he stands before the coach announces anything to the press.

You can't tell anyone their in for 4 games, what about the guys working their backside off @ Sandy trying to get back in?

'Oh, you killing it down there,but, sorry we have guaranteed Hunter and others that spot in the one's the next 4 weeks'.

It simply doesn't work like that, I understand your point, but it's not the simple.

He had a great preseason, yes, however preseason is just that, preseason, way different to what we are in at the moment.

Hunter's KPI's would be individually based like all players, so no comparison with more seasoned players, that's a fact at every club.

I see and understand what your are saying, however, it is way more complex than that.

Once again, I stress I'm not having a go at you and understand your points, however, my opinion (and it's only an opinion), is that I think your blatant dislike for Richo is compromising your judgement.

PS, the head coach is not always in charge of the player development solely, most of that work is actually done by development/line/assistant coaches, so in short, yes, Alan is in charge and accountable, however if players weren't happy, they wouldn't all be re-signing!

As I said, no offence to your post/opinion intended, it might just be easier for you to just not always point the finger at Alan.

Have a lovely day!
Oliver Twist wrote:Please sir, can we have some more?

Almost post of the week:
Joffa Burns wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 5:12pm Come on guys, if you park the last 1/4 we were in it up to our necks.
A slight ‘adjustment’ if we may Joffa:
Come on guys, if you park <the definitive article deleted by Mods> Cho, we’re in it up to our necks.

Stuff to like:
- Paddy didn't get concussed again. (We think....................?)
- Hanners' didn't get concussed again. (We know.)

Stuff to not like:
- Why Paddy didn't (and can't) get concussed again.
- Why Hanners' didn't (and can't) get concussed again. Because he’s goneski. has finally been sentenced to the terminal (at St Kilda) “2 weeks”.
saynta wrote:F^^k & f^^k.

Stuff to hate:
- The bomb!
- Cho – bloody well stop playing injured players!!!!! If their form is dropping off whilst trying to play injured..........................then surely that should suggest that the tactic is crap!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
saynta wrote:F^^k & f^^k.

Some good news :D :
Joe King kicked four! In a losing side - which suggests that the opposition can't have been totally crap. Based on the Skunks game... that's an incredible improvement!

We could well be on a (huge) winner with this bloke.

But Saints, no matter what, do not play Joe in the seniors till he's bulked up more!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Maintaining the mandate:
Minimum of 20% non-footy content on SS.
Actually, that's not true. Groucho made a career out of parodying our Choach.

saynta wrote:F^^k yeah!

Vale:
The Silver Bodgie.

Tardar Sauce... aka Grumpy Cat'. (April 4, 2012 – May 14, 2019)

Vale (from footy):
Tom Boat Anchor. The most outrageously over-hyped 8 possessions in the history of our game.
But good luck to him.

Stuff to ponder/ what does that even mean??? :? :
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 3:24pm The patient Panda always wins in the end on most occassions.

Report on The Ted Report:
Word is that after reading that last Ted Report the ex-AFL footballers paid up again. (It’s whispered that their names are Vidovic and Lazar.) So there’s no again Ted Report this week. :cry:

Opposition player to bag:
And and Jamie 'seagull' Cripps also!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Yeah, that was last week. But we believe in maintaining the rage!!!!!!
Scollop wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 12:09am Down hill skier. Soft. Has pace and is a good shot at goal but easily replaced

Looks good in a team with a strong midfield

Loves bruise free footy.
Big Mart was right!

Next week:
We play the Paper Bag Under the Table mob back at The Linton Lodger Stadium. If we don’t win this one, nothing will save <the definite article deleted by Mods> Cho from having his contract triggered by Vass.

INS:
Kent, Long and Parker must be on thin ice. But no one who could be a like for like replacement stood up at Sandy.

Options we're considering/not considering.................
- Long. (Shirley he'll perform on the Indigenous Round).
- Hind.

OUTski:
Kent.
Newnes. (Stop playing injured player Cho!!!!)

On bloody notice:
Too many to bloody mention!!!!!
saynta wrote:F^^k.

Badger’s ass (whatever that means? :? ):
Joyce, Lazar, Rowe.

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon>

Thoughts, Saintsationalists?

- Aeon.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
guitars4
Club Player

Re: The Flux Report: Meatloaf Round

Love the drovers dog Fluxinator (RIP Bob ). I was a big Redgum fan back in the 70's & 80's brought back some fond memories. Keep up the good work look forward to next weeks edition :lol:

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The singer, sitting next to a gushing AFL chief Andrew Demetriou, said he was going to "kick arse" on Saturday.The cheeky 64-year-old mocked journalists' questions during a press conference, which Demetriou said had him more excited than any other moment of the football season.Wearing a red, white, and black jacket bedazzled with daggers and skulls that could have turned Brynne Edelsten's eye, Meat Loaf told one reporter he could expect him to turn into a flying turtle during Saturday's performance. "Bat out of Hell is extraordinary," Demetriou said. Meat Loaf said he approached live performances similar to the way footballers prepared for a big game.Those little shorts and that shirt with no sleeves. You get in the zone, you focus and you go," he said. "There is no pain, there is nothing, you just go." Meat Loaf for coach 2020! Go Sainters.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure you're fair dinkum, AeonFlux, with your committee as I understand Aaron was in Bali during your meeting and I further understand that he got himself a St Kilda tat on his wrist.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!