Matty Parker Goal Celebrations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Matty Parker Goal Celebrations

lewdogs wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 9:02am
saintbrat wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 12:49am someone in media likened Stack's dance to Goodes- The difference for me being Goodes dance was directed at the Crowd- Stack's was directed at his opponent- ala the Moari Haka.- I liked this -

Difference between Matty's and Goodes was also obvious- Matty's was just done as a celebration- and Goodes was directed at crowd in an aggressive manner.
I hope all those people in the crowd that day have recovered from the Goodes dance. Must have been quite shocking for them.
An imaginary spear can be quite dangerous.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 11:43pm
asiu wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 11:31pm
Whether its scripted post match interviews, honed banana kicks, drilled dribble kicks, staged free kicks or rehearsed goal celebrations, we are going to have to get used to the sport becoming a marketing spectacle in ways never imagined.
hmmm

true that

pity

i’d also like it kept low key
pay respect back down the chain
then to the game in hand

thats how you win i figure

anyways
we’ve been goin all gangsta
for years

given ourselves up to the yankee way

dumb skips
rekin yo rite
Hopefully Matty will unleash the Shanghai Shuffle this week.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 10:17am
saintbrat wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 12:49am someone in media likened Stack's dance to Goodes- The difference for me being Goodes dance was directed at the Crowd- Stack's was directed at his opponent- ala the Moari Haka.- I liked this -

Difference between Matty's and Goodes was also obvious- Matty's was just done as a celebration- and Goodes was directed at crowd in an aggressive manner.
I hope all those people in the crowd that day have recovered from the Goodes dance. Must have been quite shocking for them.
Time to bring back Lockett's bogan beauties like the '2 finger salute' the 'get stuffed' stunted fist raise and the 'killer falcon' stab pass. Oh and I forgot the 'flying crutch'.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Back to footy discussion and not the politics, Matty P has kicked 11 this year. If he can get around 25 a year going forward then he is definitely doing his job and is a massive bonus to our scoring.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

do you not see that footy is politics
in the Age of Anger ?

the people are being played
... thats politics

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
outside66
Club Player

Wowee, some folk must lead boring lives when they reach a point where they're sulking about goal-celebrations... There's a reason why Matty Parker has captured the hearts of many a Sainter (particularly the young ones) and that's because he plays with excitement and has displayed more passion in his 10 games than some blokes have in 10 years.

FWIW, Billy Slater has come in from arguably the most successful Aussie sports club and identified the importance of celebrating a goal and getting around each other. Some forumites would be well served to follow Billy's advice and celebrate the little wins rather than sit back and carry on like an old fart.

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 10:17am

And quite right for a proud man to direct his anger towards the rabid unnaproving mob that he had to contend with every time he went out to play.

The Peanut
Club Player

Moods wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 7:19pm Thought he carried on like a goose for a bloke who has played 10 games. Was embarrassing ...
The sour people on this forum sometimes assounds me ...

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote: Fri 31 May 2019 12:43pm
Moods wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 7:19pm Thought he carried on like a goose for a bloke who has played 10 games. Was embarrassing ...
Sour?? How so? I'm wondering if the outrage about my remarks would be as strong if I was criticising a young stevie Milne after 10 games? We'll never know but I suspect not.
Carry on being offended and outraged though. :lol: :lol:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Fri 31 May 2019 7:52pm
The Peanut wrote: Fri 31 May 2019 12:43pm
Sour?? How so? I'm wondering if the outrage about my remarks would be as strong if I was criticising a young stevie Milne after 10 games? We'll never know but I suspect not.
Carry on being offended and outraged though. :lol: :lol:
I suspect you wouldn’t have a problem with Milne celebrating :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.