ATT: RICHO BASHERS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: ATT: RICHO BASHERS

I didn’t say it was a ready made premiership list but it’s a good nucleus for a good coach to build from

repta
Club Player

Dreadful last week for all but a quarter

Disgraceful today.

There has been injury excuses. However the team that was fielded today is as good as it will get. It was utterly pathetic.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 7:56pm I didn’t say it was a ready made premiership list but it’s a good nucleus for a good coach to build from
The cold hard reality that we have known for years is that without at least two genuine elite mids we are going nowhere.

Ross and Gresham were getting the ball ok in the second but continued to butcher it. The Lions midfield then got on top late in the second and used it well for the next 40 minutes. Game all over red rover.

Lions are oozing young midfield talent. We are not.

And even with Steele and Steven back in we are still 2 elite mids short. Without them today it was just embarrassing.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Why arent we oozing midfield talent?
We've been on the bottom for the last 6 years. Why haven't we drafted at least 2 midfield guns?
Give me a valid reason?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Harves Man
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:41pm Why arent we oozing midfield talent?
We've been on the bottom for the last 6 years. Why haven't we drafted at least 2 midfield guns?
Give me a valid reason?
Very good point! There is no valid reason, whatsoever.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Harves Man wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:52pm
magnifisaint wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:41pm Why arent we oozing midfield talent?
Give me a valid reason?
Because there haven't been any good midfield guns available that were injured at the time of the draft.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

We pick the injured or ones that can’t out pace a turtle.
Hunter Clarke SLOW, Coffield....my god how was he even top 70, the recruiter who made that call should be shown the door. No accountability.

Josh Battle
Club Player

Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 1:29am We pick the injured or ones that can’t out pace a turtle.
Hunter Clarke SLOW, Coffield....my god how was he even top 70, the recruiter who made that call should be shown the door. No accountability.
Hunter is elite on both sides of his body. This is a talent that we need to nurture

Greg Williams - dual brownlow medallist was rejected from his first club because he was too slow

WTF is it with the criticism of a teenager playing in the seniors? I can understand you being disappointed that Ross, Newnes, Billings, and Dunstan may have been poor today but this is a kid in his second year of AFL.

Some of our senior blokes got plenty of touches today but they missed opportunoties through fumbling, failing to put their head over the footy, turning it over and were woeful with their kicks inside 50. I thought Hunter was at least good with his attack, he ran straight at the loose ball and didn't squib and he was generally clean under pressure with his possessions.

Tim Kelly was overlooked for 3-4 years before he worked at becoming an elite player

Sam Mitchell was knocked back by every club in his draft year and played a full year at VFL before being drafted.

Clark and Coff have the goods. Be patient

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

“We got really strong feedback that if we're not physical enough, and not aggressive enough, and not bold enough or prepared to sacrifice, we can be a pretty ordinary footy team,'' said Richardson.

Speechless.....here was I thinking it was a damning display by dispirited young fellas forced to perform in a leadership vacuum, but it was actually just strong feedback.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:58pm
Harves Man wrote: Sat 22 Jun 2019 11:52pm
Give me a valid reason?
Because there haven't been any good midfield guns available that were injured at the time of the draft.

Bytel last year ;) Though he is not able to play yet!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Annoyedsaint
Club Player

Josh Battle wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 2:12am
Annoyedsaint wrote: Sun 23 Jun 2019 1:29am We pick the injured or ones that can’t out pace a turtle.
Hunter is elite on both sides of his body. This is a talent that we need to nurture

Greg Williams - dual brownlow medallist was rejected from his first club because he was too slow

WTF is it with the criticism of a teenager playing in the seniors? I can understand you being disappointed that Ross, Newnes, Billings, and Dunstan may have been poor today but this is a kid in his second year of AFL.

Some of our senior blokes got plenty of touches today but they missed opportunoties through fumbling, failing to put their head over the footy, turning it over and were woeful with their kicks inside 50. I thought Hunter was at least good with his attack, he ran straight at the loose ball and didn't squib and he was generally clean under pressure with his possessions.

Tim Kelly was overlooked for 3-4 years before he worked at becoming an elite player

Sam Mitchell was knocked back by every club in his draft year and played a full year at VFL before being drafted.

Clark and Coff have the goods. Be patient
Whether you like it or not, this isn’t the 80’s and 90’s.
Williams was clearly great for that era, but you need to be moving at quicker than half rat power these days unless you are a Sam Mitchell which is a 1/1000 chance with Clark and so many others on our list.

Tired of drafting work in progress players.

We could’ve had Rozee, a midfielder we’ve been crying out for for years. Ready made and already dominates periods of games with endless upside! Instead we have players like coffield stinking it up at Sandringham. He’d struggle to get a kick in a local league with that form.

We could have 10 top 10 draft picks in one year and based on the previous 6 years I’m willing to bet we’d still f*** them all up!!
It’s just bulls*** what’s gone on from top to bottom in the period since the grand finals.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Saw Lloyd talking about it this morning. Blamed Wilkie a bit but not in a negative way, more in a learn from it way. Showed a few times when he wasn't body checking players, in front of a player rather than goal side at break downs etc.
But he then mentioned it was the coaches fault as in Wilkie simply didn't know where to be or what to do.

And for me that sums up our. Team, players doing what they have been trained to do but it's just not good enough

Also where was the game plan change from richo? No plan b again. No clue what to do when plan a doesn't work.

The best thing about that game will be that richos papers are closer to being stamped. Lloyd also mentioned that it is similar to Bolton removal in that the board will have the decision made for them soon if not already. No one wants to pay good money to watch that crap

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Last year there was a discussion here that getting rid of Richo would cost too much, while some of us thought the loss of crowd revenue would be worse.
This year, since money appears to be all important, I suggest we change the coaching panel for a set of Lego power Rangers ($24.99) and, letting the players coach themselves. This is likely to both improve team morale and performance and save $2 m per year. Bonus!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.