Bevo is the man

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Bevo is the man

I was discussing this last few days Bevo is the man we should target if AR is moved on . Montagna sums it up well.
He has Saints blood in him and he resides on our side of town...
I wander if he would come given the right offer.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ ... bef2c637f5

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bevo is the man

He won’t leave the dogs in my opinion, too loyal.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Would need to fall out with the Dogs for some reason.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately, I can't read the article because the Murdoch paywall.

But I agree with the sentiment, it would be fantastic to get him. I just can't see us luring him over :(

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
HighettMan
Club Player

If Alan gets another season you can take it to the bank that Bevo will be at Moorabbin in 21.

Admin would be desperate for us to etch out a decent back half to make it eaiser to sell another season to the sponsors and members.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
Vazelos
Club Player

Yea he is too loyal I know Bevo well I grew up knowing him and we have a beer from time to time. A year before he won the premiership we spoke about all 3 teams he played for and how none had won anything for a collective 150 years +.
He said it there was no reason why it couldn’t and then it happened.
He is an amazing person, loyal, honest and caring and a smart football mind.
He is inspired by the great Vince Lombardi of NFL Fame.
His father’s connection is big with us I would love to see it happen...
Football can change very quick...

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Sat 29 Jun 2019 8:06pm Unfortunately, I can't read the article because the Murdoch paywall.

But I agree with the sentiment, it would be fantastic to get him. I just can't see us luring him over :(
From the hun.

"St Kilda great Leigh Montagna has urged his former club to throw a “godfather offer” at Western Bulldogs premiership coach Luke Beveridge if the Saints decide to part ways with Alan Richardson at season’s end.

The Saints sit 6-7 entering a clash with Richmond tomorrow but face a difficult run home as they search for their first finals berth since 2011.

Montagna said while he hoped St Kilda would get some more wins on the board in the back half of the season, if Richardson was axed he would go after Beveridge.

“If it doesn’t work out at St Kilda and the club decide to go in a different direction, what about someone like Luke Beveridge?,” Montagna said on Triple M.

“He’s got St Kilda blood in him. His dad’s legendary at the football club as the head of recruiting for a long, long time. If I was St Kilda I’d be asking the question of Luke Beveridge and maybe throwing that godfather offer out to Beveridge and say, ‘Mate, this is an opportunity to come to St Kilda and get this club back on track and back where it deserves to be’.”

Must-see new documentary exposing the brutal truth of Turnbull’s fall and Morrison’s miracle win Watch on Sky News now

Beveridge, who played 45 games with the Saints from 1996-99, is contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of next season.

He was appointed St Kilda’s director of coaching for the 2015 season before being approached by the Bulldogs and instead taking up their offer."

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Its who the Saints might want but won't get...probably. There are a few very good coaches to pick from if Alan is let go. That is good for St Kilda in any case.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bevo is contracted next season.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Special
Club Player

Hun article says we have a difficult run home.

LOL!!

Wasn’t it a soft fixture in the back half a month ago???

Now it’s difficult!!!

Reason: we are shyte!!! Why don’t they just be open about that??

Anyway, I don’t want Bevo. After Footscray fluked the flag in 2016 - let’s face it they only finished 7th - plus it was the first year of the pre finals bye and bloody Eagles mismanaged themselves mentally, Footscray have been middling ever since. Yes, maybe they’ve improved a bit this year but I’m not sold on him.

As Teddy said, we have a few good choices, all far superior to what we’ve got now!

HighettMan
Club Player

Special wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:21am Hun article says we have a difficult run home.

LOL!!

Now it’s difficult!!!

Anyway, I don’t want Bevo. After Footscray fluked the flag in 2016 - let’s face it they only finished 7th - plus it was the first year of the pre finals bye and bloody Eagles mismanaged themselves mentally, Footscray have been middling ever since. Yes, maybe they’ve improved a bit this year but I’m not sold on him.

As Teddy said, we have a few good choices, all far superior to what we’ve got now!
Who's your pick and why and how will he improve on the incumbent. I'm going to guess in advance it will be a response that is as meaningful as "Bevo fluked a flag".

Crossy66
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:36am
Special wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:21am Hun article says we have a difficult run home.

LOL!!

Now it’s difficult!!!

Who's your pick and why and how will he improve on the incumbent. I'm going to guess in advance it will be a response that is as meaningful as "Bevo fluked a flag".
It's a very good question. I dont see any of the names bandied around as being a giant leap forward. Look at north since scott announced his departure, they win 3 from 4.
There are a few more options for 2021, including bevo and lyon, that have a track record of success

HighettMan
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 10:48am
HighettMan wrote: Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:36am

LOL!!

Now it’s difficult!!!

It's a very good question. I dont see any of the names bandied around as being a giant leap forward. Look at north since scott announced his departure, they win 3 from 4.
There are a few more options for 2021, including bevo and lyon, that have a track record of success
And this is exactly the point. Club administrators get pressured into making decisions for the sake of appearing to pull the "circuit breaker". Our club is famous for it and you only have to read posts by the pelicans on this site to get sense of the mouse wheel we are in.

I know it's human nature to find it easier to knock someone, or to hate or critisise (relentlessly in the case of a few posters on here), it doesn't take much to do and you don't need much intellect to do it, but I also know it's a lot harder to create new thoughts, ones that didn't exist befor, or even innovate existing ideas.

So now is the time for the haters and knockers to put up thier blue print. Instead of flooding this board with mindless dribble about why Alan has to go, because we get it, you've made your point and Alan will be gone soon save for a dramatic turn around, use the same spare time to put forward relentlessly your pick for the new coach and relentlessly detail how and why you think your pick will improve on Alan. You've told us what Alan's faults are so it should be easy to tell us about how you know what attributes your candidate has and how he can improve on Alan's short comings.

This is going to be very challenging for most fans I know, because it's hard for you to know what their strengths are unless someone in the media tells you what to think about your possible candidate. And be careful not to swallow the spin that will be hitting override soon from the management companies who manage your candidate becuse they are just seeing dollar signs at the momemt. And they have been researching social media sites like this one to find out what it is they need to spin to sell thier candidate to you.

To avoid hitting the red zone on the BS meter you will probably need to have worked with your candidate directly or possible be in the industry.

Looking forward to hearing all about the candidates.

avid
Club Player

Well said HighettMan
I look forward to some of our fellow saintsationalists rising to the challenge.

ss1986
Club Player

It must be really hurtful to know that, even with your inside info, years of experience and insight into the industry that we mere plebs dont have... you have still failed abysmally.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Really rate Bevo. Big fan. If only he had been given the coaching position way back when, maybe things would have been different.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.